Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today completely destroyed me in a battle (I used my team that I fought against red with) and I'm looking for a way to beat him. I only know 5 of his pokemon and a few moves on each but I need some help building a team to counter his. I'm new to competitive battling so it would help immensely if you would include explanations for movesets, EV's, and the such.

He has:
Azelf - His lead basically sets up Stealth Rock and then Explodes.
Explosion
Stealth Rock

Heatran
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast

Scizor
Superpower
Bullet Punch

Latias
Draco Meteor

Breloom
Spore
Seed Bomb

All his pokemon are Choice Scarfed, there's no restrictions on Ubers but I would prefer to use OUs.
Thanks in advance

Which is better for competitive play, Infernape or Blaziken?
I have a thing for fighting pokemon :P
Infernape. They both are brilliant wallbreakers, but infernape's speed decides the issue, outspeeding the vast number of base <100s in OU is very useful.

@Blue Rooster

If all his pokes are Choice Scarfed, then you should have some pokes with set up moves, like Sword dance, as after he gets locked in a move, you can take advantage of that to switch in a poke that resists and can then set up.

I doubt that it's all Choice Scarf.

A life orb/ Choice Band Honchkrow would work wonders against Breloom and Latias.

A Scarf Jirachi with Iron Head as your lead would have a 60% chance of stopping him from setting up rocks, as well as guaranteeing the KO before he explodes.

A HP Ice Charge Beam SubSalac Magnezone would love to set up on Scizor and could handly deal with all the pokes, though it would have problems with Heatran.

A Heatran of your own, or a Trace Porygon2 (not PorygonZ) would work well to switch in to his Heatran and with either Earth Power or HP Ground it would work wonders.

A DD Gyarados with Outrage and Ice Fang would chew through his team.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have two questions:

1. When is the Latias test occurring?

2. When is Wynaut going to be tested?

Latias has been tested numerous times and Jumpman16 and Aeolus are currently debating having another Suspect Testing stage for her.

Wynaut has long been talked about having a test around it, but it hasn't actually occurred yet (or at least not at my time on Smogon). It may be tested in the future, it may not, it all just depends. In the meantime Wynaut is only allowed in Ubers, though you may also use it in Little Cup (which is odd seeing as it isn't allowed in OU).

@Ferrouswheel

Could you suggest a moveset and item for Honchkrow?
What 6th Pokemon do you think woul dbe helpful?
And I don't quite understand how Magnezone would be able to deal with Scizor

-Btw thanks for helping

Can I rebattle any legendary an infinite amount of times by making it/them respawn by going through the Elite Four over and over again?
^like fainting Ho-Oh going through the Elite Four and doing it all over again.

I don't like to repost stuff, but I would really like an answer.

The fact that I didn't get nasty plot on Chimchar because I evolved right away kind of screws me over, right?
Not really, there's plenty of sets in the analysis that don't use Nasty Plot. It's just the Nasty Plot one is usually the most effective.

Jolly is better than Adamant on Infernape because it allows it to always outrun Salamence, however, Infernape is usually mixed so it's better to go with Naive or Hasty.

@Ferrouswheel

Could you suggest a moveset and item for Honchkrow?
What 6th Pokemon do you think woul dbe helpful?
And I don't quite understand how Magnezone would be able to deal with Scizor

-Btw thanks for helping
Here's Honchkrow's analysis.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/honchkrow

Choice Scarf Flygon seems pretty good to me, since it can switch in on Electric attacks aimed at Gyarados and can sweep with Outrage once Scizor and Latias (if it's Scarfed) are taken out. Magnezone has the ability Magnet Pull which makes it so that your opponent cannot switch out if they're using a Steel type. HP Fire will OHKO Scizor and if it gets locked into anything but Super Power, Magnezone can set up a Sub on it.

Edit: @ iDChuck: I think the person usually says on way or another in their trade thread.

What does redistributable mean?

Also, I recently suspected that my pokemon platinum might be fake, but I managed to get online, does that say that it is a real copy?

I've gotten bored of my team, and I'm looking for a cool pokemon to base my OU team around. Any suggestions? =3

EDIT: My old team was based around a DDMence sweep, so dont suggest that :P

Looking to build a team to possibly dip into competitive but mainly to play against my friends. I see that most of them plan on using Mewtwo's with the moveset: Recover, Aura Sphere, Psychic, and a move I cant remember. What is a good team to center my team around that is good against this type of mewtwo?

Looking to build a team to possibly dip into competitive but mainly to play against my friends. I see that most of them plan on using Mewtwo's with the moveset: Recover, Aura Sphere, Psychic, and a move I cant remember. What is a good team to center my team around that is good against this type of mewtwo?
Looks to me like Giratina & lugia would block out this set, especially if your Giratina had heal block and your lugia had light screen, and they both had maximum special defense.
ps. it sounds like their uber noobs.

I've gotten bored of my team, and I'm looking for a cool pokemon to base my OU team around. Any suggestions? =3

Base your team around Life orb zapdos and CMcune, together they counter A lot and they can cover most of eachothers weaknesses.

EDIT: Scarfed Flygon could help with that duo A lot. (:

Have a HG/SS question on the roaming legendaries and their IVs. Using DP as an example, I know Uxie and Azelf can be soft-reset for the right IVs, but Mesprit and Cresselia have fixed IVs once you send them roaming. So do the dogs have fixed IVs as well once you encounter them in the Burned Tower? It'd be nice to have a game other than Pokemon Colosseum to try to get the right IVs on them.

You could try something like Sub Charge Beam Rotom or Crocune if you want more of a bulky sweeper instead of all out offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)