Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I rebattle any legendary an infinite amount of times by making it/them respawn by going through the Elite Four over and over again?

Are the natures of stationary Pokemon like Azelf set from the start? Or if I catch it and don't like the nature can I shut my game off and try for a different nature?

Thank you. I've been asking a ton of questions in the past couple days and all the answers have been quick and informative, I really appreciate it. :) One more, not sure if this is the right place...is there anyway to get Pokesav'd Pokemon onto the Pokemon Diamond I have on my R4 card with using Action Replay?

What is a good pokemon to bait out Slamences' counters?
Gengar and Latias with HP Fire can bait Scizor, Jolteon with HP Grass can bait Swampert, Magnezone can trap Skarmory and Bronzong if you just want to use Dragon Claw/Outrage and Earthquake. Edit: Also, Specs Latias will 2HKO Scizor with Surf.

Master Ball, did you test this on Shoddy or in game? I know there was a glitch on Shoddy that made it do that. Here's the smogon page for Focus Sash:

If the holder has max HP, Focus Sash guarantees they survive any attack with 1 HP. If the holder is not at full health, the item will not activate. If the holder takes damage, but does not activate Focus Sash, and then recovers off this damage to return to 100% HP, Focus Sash can still activate. Focus Sash will allow the holder to survive all hits of a multi-hit move like Fury Attack, provided the holder is at 100% health on the first hit. Also allows the holder to survive all hits of Triple Kick. Focus Sash prevents the holder from OHKOing itself in its confusion. Does not protect against Doom Desire or Future Sight. Does not protect the holder from OHKOing itself from recoil damage. One-time use.

Master Ball, did you test this on Shoddy or in game? I know there was a glitch on Shoddy that made it do that. Here's the smogon page for Focus Sash:
Shoddy, but I'll test it on my DS because I love using Shedinja and I'm almost positive that Rock Blast kills my Focus Sash Shedinja, I'll post results eventually

OK Question - I'm trying to find a lead which pairs up with that Heatran. I had Crobat, which even without Taunt stopped all set ups, but didn't do much for the rest of the game. So i'm trying to find something that:

- is offensive
- pairs up with Heatran so he can switch in and SR.

The idea of the team is to be really bulky with Dual Screens and Swampert, and everything else is built around that.
---
Lead goes here
---
Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

SR and Blissey / bulky Water lure. Dragon Pulse for better neutral coverage, as Swampert can just set up on opposing

---
Uxie @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/180 Def/44 Spd/32 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Dual Screener - chosen over Cresselia because U-turn is incredibly useful. Stuck on the last slot, Twave is just useful for paraylzing things

---
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/12 Atk/40 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Swampert instead of Suicune as I need more physical attackers.

---
Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Air Slash / Healing Wish / Rest

Revenge killer - makes Fire Water Grass combo and is pretty solid with Cress. Currently using Air Slash for coverage

---
Lucario (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Just amazingly powerful and acts as a second revenge killer with BP / Extreme Speed. Very surprising and works incredibly well in this metagame.
Ice Punch KOs Gliscor and 2HKO Ghosts.
---

Thanks in advance!

What move is more effective on revenge-killing Darkrai, Spacial Rend or Ice Beam?
I would use Spacial Rend, it deals with Pokémon like Dialga and Latios just as good as Ice Beam, and does more to Palkia. Ice Beam is a bit more accurate and does more damage to Pokémon like Groudon and Garchomp, but I still prefer Spacial Rend

What would complete this set?
Absol - Adamant
Swords Dance
Taunt
Sucker Punch
?

I'm having trouble finding a 6th pokemon for my team

So far:

Aeorodactyl
@focus sash
-stealth rock
-taunt
-earthquake
-rock slide

Gengar
@life orb
-HP fire
-shadow ball
-energy ball
-thuderbolt (i think)

Salamence
@life orb
-dragon dance
-outrage
-earthquake
-roost

Magnezone
@leftovers
-HP fire
-thunderbolt
-explosion
-substitute

Starmie
@leftovers
-rapid spin
-surf
-HP fire
-recover

Help with team options would be appreciated. Also, i'm not too sure about the items they're holding. I'd like them all to be different in case someone decides to enforce the item clause

Could someone find my secret ID? my regular id is 35126... thanks :)
It's not that easy. Your SID is so that even if you and another trainer happen to have the same name and trainer ID, you will most likely not have those two and your secret ID the same. You have to find it yourself, and I think the easiest way to get it would be to use an Action Replay code if you have one, otherwise it gets really difficult

Thanks to DDRMaster, not sure why I overlooked Superpower previously

Gah777, you should go with something that can atleast check DD Salamence and Gyarados. Right now, you with have a hard time dealing with them if they set up. Choice Scarfers with Boltbeam like Porygon-Z can work. Also, if you go with Thunderbolt over HP Fire on Starmie, you can counter Gyarados with that and use your final slot for something like Swampert with Ice Beam or Mamoswine with Ice Shard to take out Salamence.

xtrashine, you could see if someone here would find your SID for you.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70079

okay, thanks! but for Swampert, would Avalanche be an option over Ice beam? I'd like to take advantage of its good attack if i decide to use it

okay, thanks! but for Swampert, would Avalanche be an option over Ice beam? I'd like to take advantage of its good attack if i decide to use it
Ice Beam will do more damage to things switching in, since Avalanche doesn't get the boost unless the opponent attacks you. Also, more things things invest in Def than SpDef, so Avalanche would probably do more damage on average. If you're going with a Curse set, then Avalanche is your best option but otherwise I think Ice Beam is better.

How well does Swampert (with max def and HP EVs/IVs and a relaxed nature) switch in in on a Salamence? Can it handle a life orb, +1 outrage from a Salamence (with max attack)?

How well does Swampert (with max def and HP EVs/IVs and a relaxed nature) switch in in on a Salamence? Can it handle a life orb, +1 outrage from a Salamence (with max attack)?
Naive Salamence: 73.8% - 87.1%
Naughty Salamence: 81.2% - 95.8%

So only Naughty Salamence has a chance to OHKO with SR up and if you switch into Dragon Dance, Salamence won't OHKO you, since Leftovers will negate the damage from SR. Even if it does KO you with Outrage, Magnezone should be able to survive one and hit it hard with Thunderbolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)