Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be expected to take several months to sort out simulators for BW. It's not just moves and Pokemon, there could be other mechanics changes.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I believe that the Spe Evs were originally placed in SpA to help dealing with Garchomp. Then they were moved into Spe as they didn't achieve any important result when placed in other stats. But yeah, Metagross, Skarmory, Scizor and other slow Pkm which have a low investment in Spe are the tagets of the spare 68 Spe Evs on Vaporeon. Btw outspeeding CB Metagross can make the difference between being 2hko'd by it and finishing it off if it's low on health.

If I have a Smeargle in 3rd gen with ability 1, it will NOT have Technician once migrated to 4th gen, as the ability can only change when a Pokémon evolves, right?

If I have a Smeargle in 3rd gen with ability 1, it will NOT have Technician once migrated to 4th gen, as the ability can only change when a Pokémon evolves, right?
Yeah, the actual ability is hard-coded into that specific Pokemon and won't change unless it evolves.

Yeah, it would be nice.
I can't play Shoddy, so can someone test it for me?
We could test it in the actual game. Of particular interest to me is that it appears that Celebi is the only grass type that can learn Baton Pass, though it's not the only grass type that can know it. The other one would be Leafeon; it would have to learn Baton Pass as a level 36 Eevee. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong?

I've never played Shoddy, hence my quick suggestion for this course of action.

We could test it in the actual game. Of particular interest to me is that it appears that Celebi is the only grass type that can learn Baton Pass, though it's not the only grass type that can know it. The other one would be Leafeon; it would have to learn Baton Pass as a level 36 Eevee. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong?

I've never played Shoddy, hence my quick suggestion for this course of action.
Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Soul Dew Clause, Timed Battle
A_Yamoto sent out Jolteon (lvl 100 Jolteon ♂).
nesan sent out Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
nesan: species clause was chekck XD
nesan: k do something stupid
Jolteon used Substitute.
Jolteon lost 25% of its health.
Jolteon made a substitute!
Celebi used Leech Seed.
But it failed!
Jolteon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Jolteon restored 6% of its health.

A_Yamoto: Ah. =P
nesan: -_-
nesan: don't use sub
A_Yamoto: Baton passing set
A_Yamoto: Alrighty
nesan: dude cmon switch then switch back
A_Yamoto: Leech seed does pass though
nesan: i need to leach see you first >_>
nesan: Celebi used Leech Seed. But it failed!
Jolteon used Charge Beam.
It's not very effective...
Celebi lost 10% of its health.
Jolteon's special attack was raised.
Celebi used Recover.
Celebi restored 50% of its health.

A_Yamoto: Alrighty, break the sub
nesan: no offensive move -_-
A_Yamoto switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ♂).
Celebi used Recover.

A_Yamoto: Recover again
A_Yamoto switched in Jolteon (lvl 100 Jolteon ♂).
Celebi used Recover.

Celebi used Leech Seed.
Celebi's attack missed!
Celebi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Celebi restored 6% of its health.

Celebi lost 11% of its health.
Jolteon's special attack was raised.
Celebi used Leech Seed.
Jolteon was seeded!
Jolteon's health was sapped by leech seed!
Jolteon lost 12% of its health.
Celebi regained health!
Celebi restored 8% of its health.
Celebi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Celebi restored 6% of its health.

nesan: k now baton pass to celebi
A_Yamoto: Alrighty
A_Yamoto: Pass?
Jolteon used Baton Pass.
A_Yamoto switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Celebi used Baton Pass.
nesan switched in Medicham (lvl 100 Medicham ♂).
Celebi's health was sapped by leech seed!
Celebi lost 12% of its health.
Medicham regained health!
Medicham restored 19% of its health.

A_Yamoto: Hmm
A_Yamoto: Worked, Leech seeding a grass type.
A_Yamoto: xD
nesan: do something that won't kill me
A_Yamoto: It's the Tinkerbell set
A_Yamoto: I'll Twave
nesan: lol
A_Yamoto: Wait, HP fire shouldn't...
Medicham used Brick Break.
Celebi lost 21% of its health.
Celebi used Hidden Power.
Medicham lost 73% of its health.
Celebi's health was sapped by leech seed!
Celebi lost 12% of its health.
Medicham regained health!
Medicham restored 19% of its health.

nesan: so it doe work W00T Thansk dude
nesan: :)

I was curious myself so I tested it!

What are credits? Because I saw this tournament and if you win you get credits from a user.
At least from what I've read, it has something to do with said user's Shop in the Wi-Fi forum. I could be wrong, but I believe the credits themselves could be cashed in for prizes in said shop.

Basically, think of credits as a "monetary" system of getting items/services/etc. for doing a certain thing for the user.

I was just wondering how much a calm mind or nasty plot actually boosted your special attack (or other boosting moves). I know that they are +1 and +2 but what exactally is a stage boost. Like if I'm using a 307 SpA Infernape and nasty plot up what is my SpA at now, for example.

Hey, I like to use gengar. Now that latias is gone, is there a point to using timid? Can I still outspeed max speed 100s with modest? Is the power worth it?

@Above: +1 = x1.5 +2 = x2.

Hey, I like to use gengar. Now that latias is gone, is there a point to using timid? Can I still outspeed max speed 100s with modest? Is the power worth it?
252 Speed EV + Speed boosting nature on 100 base Speed >(is just barely higher than)> 252 Speed EV + non-Speed boosting nature on 110 base Speed

I say still use Timid.

I'm hoping this is the right place...

I can't get into the GTS...whenever I try with any game card it disconnects me. I already tried checking the connection but still, nothing :/

Anyone has any answers or the same problem?

I was curious myself so I tested it!
Ah, cool! Thanks for checking it out for us!

I was just wondering how much a calm mind or nasty plot actually boosted your special attack (or other boosting moves). I know that they are +1 and +2 but what exactally is a stage boost. Like if I'm using a 307 SpA Infernape and nasty plot up what is my SpA at now, for example.
+1 = x1.5 +2 = x2.
Aren't the increased stages all in 50% increments? Like this?

1. 150%
  2. 200%
  3. 250%
  4. 300%
  5. 350%
  6. 400%
Also, what are the %'s on the decreased stages?

I'm hoping this is the right place...

I can't get into the GTS...whenever I try with any game card it disconnects me. I already tried checking the connection but still, nothing :/

Anyone has any answers or the same problem?
I once had an issue with trying to view recorded videos on the GTS, but it eventually went away by itself. For the most part, though, I can't say I've had this problem.

Are you able to make trades with individuals? Conceivably someone on these forums could help you out.

X in all of these are your stats.

+6: 4x
+5: 3.5x
+4: 3x
+3: 2.5x
+2: 2x
+1: 1.5x
+0: 1x
-1: .66x
-2: .5x
-3: .4x
-4: .33X
-5: .2857x
-6: .25x

If you don't want to remember that, imagine multiplying your stat by 2/2 if there aren't any stat changes. If you get a stat boost, change the numerator of the multiplier so that you are adding the level of that boost (so if you use Swords Dance 3 times, your stat is +6, so the multiplier it (2+6)/2, or 4x).

If the stat is reduced, add to the denominator instead. (e.g: Leer 6 times = -6, or 2/(2+6), which is 2/8 or 1/4x)

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Aren't the increased stages all in 50% increments? Like this?

1. 150%
  2. 200%
  3. 250%
  4. 300%
  5. 350%
  6. 400%
Also, what are the %'s on the decreased stages?
Yes they increase in 50% increments.

The % of decreasing stages are:

-1: 0.66%
-2: 0.5%
-3: 0.4%
-4: 0.33%
-5: 0.285
-6: 0.25

sorry don't know if this belongs here

ok i have a quick question

so i was trading a pokemon for a machamp via GTS and the machamp i got is a LV 14 Machamp with the following stuff

Ability: No Guard
Nature: Careful
Place met: Rock tunnel
Lv met: 14
OT: Soulice
Stats:
HP: 50
Attack: 44
Defense: 31
Sp. Atk: 23
Sp. Def: 36
Speed: 20

Attacks:
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop
Foresight

And i'm wondering is it a hacked Machamp
if it is i'm going to cry

so i was trading a pokemon for a machamp via GTS and the machamp i got is a LV 14 Machamp with the following stuff
There's not enough information to tell there, by a large magnitude. A really good hack cannot be detected via any sort of hack check; if you want to be able to catch a sloppier hack, then knowing things like stats at level 100 (use a lv. 100 wifi battle), characteristic, and gender would help the calculation out; it might also be marginally useful to know the date it was caught (according to the ingame information). (Also, hack-checking via an Action Replay is much more accurate than trying to do it with information visible in-game.)

The information you gave implies that it's a wild Machoke from Rock Tunnel, which therefore must have been caught on 1F in encounter slot 8 or 10. Those slots are both rare enough to hit that it's quite possible that an imperfect hack would be detected if all the information were available.

I read about Celebi and the Legendary Dog's getting new moves does anyone know when they would be implemented in shoddy?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.

Ability: No Guard
Nature: Careful
Place met: Rock tunnel
Lv met: 14
OT: Soulice
Stats:
HP: 50
Attack: 44
Defense: 31
Sp. Atk: 23
Sp. Def: 36
Speed: 20

Attacks:
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop
Foresight

And i'm wondering is it a hacked Machamp
if it is i'm going to cry
Looks pretty legit to me! It is possible to get a level 14 Machoke, albeit very rare, and then you simply have to trade it to evolve! Of course it could still be hacked (any Pokemon you get off the GTS could be) but its looking pretty legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)