Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

How can I make that the Clefairy which I transferred on my Platinum from my Emerald gets Magic Guard instead of Cute Charm as an ability?

You're not even mentioning Power items, which give you a much better change of passing the respective IV down to the egg
That's true! I'm new to a lot of stuff myself though. I only have a vague idea of how power items work. So a Power Anklet would help breed the speed IV of the holder into the egg? And how does that effect other IV's the holder may have?

How can I make that the Clefairy which I transferred on my Platinum from my Emerald gets Magic Guard instead of Cute Charm as an ability?
As in it has Cute Charm? You can't change the ability yourself, but you could breed more Clefairys and wait for one to have Magic Guard.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
116 Speed EVs to outspeed neutral natured Scarf 100s
204 Speed EVs to outspeed positive natured Scarf 100s.

If I have a Pokémon that is holding a Lum Berry and it is toxic'd the berry is consumed. If it is toxic'd again and I order it to use Recycle, will the Lum Berry take effect?

i was looking at shedinja's strategies here on smogon, and i saw that a suggested item was focus sash.

1) how can you kill it if it has a focus sash?

2) is shedinja hit by things like hail and sandstorm? and is that one of the only ways to kill it if it has a focus sash?

--thanks in advance :)

i was looking at shedinja's strategies here on smogon, and i saw that a suggested item was focus sash.

2) is shedinja hit by things like hail and sandstorm? and is that one of the only ways to kill it if it has a focus sash?

1) Focus Sash allows Shedinja to survive one super effective hit, the next one kills it.

2) Yes, and yes without taking advantage of a Shoddy glitch. Other methods of one hit killing Shedinja through a Focus Sash would be Rough Skin or Aftermath or Destiny Bond

http://www.smogon.com/dp/abilities/wonder_guard

all indirect damage will hit through wonderguard i believe, wonderguard only blocks things that directly damage (i.e. super effective hits). this is why sheddy isn't super broken since all entry hazards can kill it through focus sash, as well as the ever common sandstorm

EDIT: semi ninja'd

What are the best places to Sketch moves in HG/SS? The double battling trainers you can re-fight on the weekends are all pretty high level (40+). Are there any lower leveled double battles you can repeatedly engage in?

When did Umbreon become OU? Last I heard, it wasn't even BL, it was UU...
Looks like May 2010. The jump from UU to OU is based entirely on usage so it doesn't need to be BL at all. BL is merely a banlist to balance out the UU metagame.

How in the world does Quagsire learn Recover? Smogon has to change their guides a bit to really pokemon not shoody battle -.- and I think it's not even in it's movepool -_________- LoL thanks.. If there is a solution to this.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quagsire can learn recover by breeding a female quagsire or wooper with either corsola, milotic or shellos/gastrodon that knows recover as the father.

How in the world does Quagsire learn Recover? Smogon has to change their guides a bit to really pokemon not shoody battle -.- and I think it's not even in it's movepool -_________- LoL thanks.. If there is a solution to this.
Fatecrashers hit it dead on. Keep in mind that it's an HG/SS-only egg move.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
If you are looking for how to get a move onto a pokemon, I would check Serebii. Smogon is more competitively oriented and so confines itself to lists of moves and strategy.

I was thinking about Sub Pain Split Gengar. Would it be of any use to lower its HP IV to 0 to increase the amount of HP he sucks from the opponent? I mean, Gengar should never be taking hits anyway, so it seems like this would work.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I don't think it would be worth it, because as gengar gets to lower Hp, it will most likely be by substitute, and so the difference is minimal. This means Genagr loses 31 Hp. and the opponent loses less, and also Gengar probably has less overall so it loses a much larger percentage.

Also, people much more familiar with Gengar say not to, IIRC, so presumably they have reasons, whether or not they are the same.

just a small question... on RNG reporter when we are breeding for shinies there is a option to select between a egg which the parents are from the same country and international parents.
With that said, i did as following... i breed a misdreavus on my English platinum and hatch on there, then i sent it to my japanese soul silver and evolve it to mismagius, that change it name to a japanese one, now my question...
If i send it back to my platinum and breed it with a English ditto does that mean that i need to select international egg on the RNG reporter for shinies breeds?or only the country of the OT matters? thanks in advance...

just a small question... on RNG reporter when we are breeding for shinies there is a option to select between a egg which the parents are from the same country and international parents.
With that said, i did as following... i breed a misdreavus on my English platinum and hatch on there, then i sent it to my japanese soul silver and evolve it to mismagius, that change it name to a japanese one, now my question...
If i send it back to my platinum and breed it with a English ditto does that mean that i need to select international egg on the RNG reporter for shinies breeds?or only the country of the OT matters? thanks in advance...
It's the country registered in the GTS of the OT

Did Japan ever get events for any of the secret Pokétch apps? I'm wondering if Nintendo just never bothered to release them anywhere or if this is just one more thing that is exclusive to them.

I need to Rebreed on my Specs Luke (Mild Nature, I need Timid). I can pass on the old ones 30 Sp. Atk IV, is it worth it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)