Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Guys, What is a good team for the HGSS Elite 4 + Champ? My starter was Cyndaquil. I've got Heracross & Tauros. What more pokes do I need? And what lvl do they need to be?

Guys, What is a good team for the HGSS Elite 4 + Champ? My starter was Cyndaquil. I've got Heracross & Tauros. What more pokes do I need? And what lvl do they need to be?
Really, you can just plow through the entire E4 as long as you have like 3 pokemon in the very high 40's or low 50's, which is basically what I did. The only problem I foresee at the moment is Lance's Aerodactyl and possibly Gyarados.

About the heatran/water/grass core in the current metagame.
I don't much care for heatran and was wondering if I could substitute its place with maybe two other pokemon? There really isnt a fire type that could take his place so I'm willing to use two slots to simulate that.

You could use Infernape. Although less bulky then Heatran, it's faster. They have somewhat have to same counters.
And unlike Heatran, Infernape can run a mixed set.
If you want a Steel type that can absorb Dragon type attacks and set up rocks you could go with Metagross.

is there any easy way of countering Breloom without risking 2 pokes with one poke asleep?
Unless you have a fast Taunt, a Sleep Talk user, or a Pokémon with a pre-existing status, you will almost always fall victim to Spore. After that though, Breloom can be taken out with much less trouble

You could use Infernape. Although less bulky then Heatran, it's faster. They have somewhat have to same counters.
And unlike Heatran, Infernape can run a mixed set.
If you want a Steel type that can absorb Dragon type attacks and set up rocks you could go with Metagross.
Infernape doesnt take resisted hits very well either.

is there any easy way of countering Breloom without risking 2 pokes with one poke asleep?
Generally, let him put your pokemon to sleep. You dont want to risk it substituting on a switch so just stay in. At this point he should go for the spore and then sub on the switch. From here either have an encore user on your team lock him into substitute or u turn into an intimidate pokemon or a pokemon that resists focus punch. Bulkydos and Celebi are pretty good counters.

My team has an Electric/Ground problem. Someone recommended a Specs Shaymin, over Specs Luke, but I don't have a Modest Shaymin. I'm wondering if Specs Sceptile would be a good choice, the drop in Special Attack is pretty small, and the Speed boost is phenomenal. Opinion?
(If not then I'll probably use Sub-Split Gengar.)

My team has an Electric/Ground problem. Someone recommended a Specs Shaymin, over Specs Luke, but I don't have a Modest Shaymin. I'm wondering if Specs Sceptile would be a good choice, the drop in Special Attack is pretty small, and the Speed boost is phenomenal. Opinion?
(If not then I'll probably use Sub-Split Gengar.)
Sceptile is fine. Gengar however does not resist electric. In OU, you might want to try Roserade (more power, less speed). It's half poison, though.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Life Orb Sceptile is a LOT better than Specs Sceptile in OU as you won't be easily walled and be setup fodder. Timid Shaymin is fine also, as Timid is better for today's metagame. A Rotom forme, Flygon or Gliscor can all work well also because they resist Electric/Ground.

Anyone Who can teach my Zapdos Heatwave via move tutor will get a free copy of one of my competitive Pokes, or credits to some of my future projects, including a subseed breloom set and focus punch Breloom. Hit me back ASAP

I've got a team on Shoddy Battles consisting of 5 Pokes which only carry roar/whirlwind. The last poke is Persian with just Assist as his move, Persian is scarfed. When I use Assist, it often fails. Does anyone have any clue why?

I've got a team on Shoddy Battles consisting of 5 Pokes which only carry roar/whirlwind. The last poke is Persian with just Assist as his move, Persian is scarfed. When I use Assist, it often fails. Does anyone have any clue why?
Considering the fact that you're on shoddy, it's probably a glitch. Shoddy is very accurately named in my opinion, there are a lot of glitches that will never be worked out on Shoddy and we can only hope they will be fixed when Shoddy 2 comes around

I am currently RNG'ing for a Bold Zapdos, and I have a quick question: IN Pikatimer, in the box that says "calibrated delay", should I just enter the default 495? If not, how do I find the delay I am supposed to enter?

I'm trying to catch Lugia with a Premier Ball. Out of of 4 attempts, I have not caught him; he has escaped out of a total of 339 Premier Balls, each one while at 1 HP and while sleeping, and each time eventually Struggled himself to death. Am I EXTREMELY unlucky, or what?

I'm trying to catch Lugia with a Premier Ball. Out of of 4 attempts, I have not caught him; he has escaped out of a total of 339 Premier Balls, each one while at 1 HP and while sleeping, and each time eventually Struggled himself to death. Am I EXTREMELY unlucky, or what?
Um, I don't even see why you posted this becasue...it's not really a question. Obviously you ARE unlucky so far and you know that.

Um, I don't even see why you posted this becasue...it's not really a question. Obviously you ARE unlucky so far and you know that.
Well the catch rate calculator I used gave me a 1.9% success chance for each ball, which means that the odds are in my favor to catch it out of 339 attempts, but my experience leads me to believe that this percentage might not be correct and that it may be much lower. I suppose I should have asked for verification on the number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)