Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@ DoubleLucky: Check over in the Uncharted Territory sub-forum, probably in the equivalent thread to this one. That is where all of the BW discussion is going on.

Does custap berry (attacks first one turn) +roar/whirlwind work as a combo?
Custap berry only works in the same speed bracket. Roar and whirlwind have a priority of -6 so the only way custap berry would work is if your opponent also tried to roar/whirlwind you.

Hey if I brought a Pokemon over from Ruby and Sapphire to D/P and it was level 100, would the move relearner allow it learn moves from its level up that it would have never gotten in the previous gen?

Trying to figure out if these mechanics might apply to B/W.

Does Sunkern have the lowest base stats in the game?
Yes.

Hey if I brought a Pokemon over from Ruby and Sapphire to D/P and it was level 100, would the move relearner allow it learn moves from its level up that it would have never gotten in the previous gen?

Trying to figure out if these mechanics might apply to B/W.
Yes, he would allow your Pokémon to re-learn D/P/Pt-only level-up moves.

------------

Questions of my own:

Since the Little Cup EV spreads don't total up to 510 (or 508, for that matter), does this mean that there is some leeway as to IVs? To clarify, could you end up with the same stats of a 31/31/31/31/31/31 IV spread if you had less-than-perfect IVs but invested more EVs in the imperfectly-IV'd stats since there are "leftover" EVs from the spreads?

Also, is there any "uber" version of the Little Cup where you can use banned Pokémon like Scyther, Misdreavus, Deepseatooth Clamperl, etc.?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone noticed strange stuff happening while under trick room? For example I was in the battle factory with an ampharos out. I don't remember who my opponent was but trick room was in effect and I decided to throw a focus punch, oddly enough it hit before the opponent moved (so far the only explanation I can think off is that it used another "-priority" move such as roar or counter, if only I could remember what the pokemon was >.<).
The other strange thing happened to a friend of mine while challenging battle arcade's brain. His team got burned and he led with togekiss. Togekiss koed both medicham and ludicolo with air slash only getting hurt by a fake out and the burn. Then dusknoir came out; of course it survived the first hit but didn't flinch so it could set up trick room, however the next turn togekiss attacked with air slash again and went first! O.o
has anyone else experienced this?

In both scenarios, the pokemon in question had to have used a negative priority move. Looking at Dusknoir's moveset, he couldn't really touch Togekiss, so he may have used Trick Room a second time, which has negative priority.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I must admit I had never noticed the -7 priority on the trick room's page xD
thanks guys ;D

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shadow Ball - A viable move for Serene Grave Blissey and Jirachi?
Not really, Blissey really needs Natural Cure as an ability to save herself from being crippled by status, especially Toxic. Jirachi has STAB on Flash Cannon and Psychic, both of which have the same side-effect as Shadow Ball.

Two quick questions:

Is it possible to use Role Play or Skill Swap and then Baton Pass it to another Pokemon?

&

I've been seeing that when Rotom changes forms, it also takes on the type of that move (Leaf Storm = an Electric/Grass typing for Rotom), is this true?

Note: I'm referring to 4th Gen, so if it's something new for 5th gen just let me know. : )

Thanks in Advance!

Athenodoros

I don't think it's possible to baton pass an ability, but you'd have to check that. I do know that the Rotom thing is definitely 5th gen only. For us english speakers, it is only Ghost/Electric for the time being.

Athenodoros

No, it's been tried, and it definitley does not. It must be an attack.

@ Tony: No, they use different movesets, just like Platinum is different to DP
EDIT: Actually, seing LGY's post, I think they must be the same. Sorry about that.

hey guys,

Q: Im making a hail team and i have been tossing up between the two versions of clefable for a while now, a wishful staller or dual screen? I already have a subseeder abonmasnow for starter and a snow cloak abuser froslass to set entry hazards.

abonmasnows moveset is very similar to clefables stalling tactic using leech seed instaed of toxic. (but i could b worng)

Use a wishful staller, I'm assuming your using a hail based stall team so having the free recovery go around your team will be helpful. Dual screens would work better with offense orientated teams.

EDIT: Another solution that could be better would be to use Aromatherapy/softboiled/seismic toss/T-wave or encore Clefable to work as a cleric.

How can I learn to not suck while the tutoring is full? I've spent some time on shoddy, and no one is really helpful there, and I've read tons of articles and guides.

Also is starmie or foretress a better rapid spinner for my OU team? Does Skarmory have to lead with stealth rock? or can I switch in and use it?

1. Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Spikes
Taunt
Destiny Bond
Ice Beam

2. Lucario @ Life Orb
jolly 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Close Combat
ExtremeSpeed
Crunch

3. Skarmory @ leftovers
Impish 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def
brave bird
roost
stealth rock
whirlwind

4. Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
??
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave / Toxic

5. Flygon @ Choice Scarf
jolly, 252 Spe 252 Atk 4 HP
Outrage
Earthquake
U-turn
Stone Edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)