Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

It is determined by the move. For instance, Razor Leaf is always evaded, whereas Tackle always misses. I guess that some attacks (think Earthquake) would sound stupid to 'miss', so they have to be 'evaded'.
I think it does have to do with the move, but it says, "x avoided the attack" when an attack that is intended to hit multiple targets (like in a double battle) misses. For example, in my HG game, it says, "x avoided the attack" when I use Blizzard, which hits both targets in a double battle. Whereas, when an attack like Thunder misses, it just says, "x's attack missed" because Thunder is only meant to hit one target in a double battle. Maybe this is it? I don't know.

And for the record, I'm using Blizzard instead of Ice Beam for the in-game story mode because I'm too lazy to play that Voltorb flip game.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I think it does have to do with the move, but it says, "x avoided the attack" when an attack that is intended to hit multiple targets (like in a double battle) misses. For example, in my HG game, it says, "x avoided the attack" when I use Blizzard, which hits both targets in a double battle. Whereas, when an attack like Thunder misses, it just says, "x's attack missed" because Thunder is only meant to hit one target in a double battle. Maybe this is it? I don't know.

And for the record, I'm using Blizzard instead of Ice Beam for the in-game story mode because I'm too lazy to play that Voltorb flip game.
Actually, now that I think about it, it is all the moves which hit more than one Pokemon in a double battle. I suppose that is so that one can evade and the other can still be hit, whereas the others can just miss.

Does anyone have a link to the Pokemon Online game? I keep hearing about it, but can't find it (unless Pokemon WORLD Online is the same thing?)

Hey, guys. I have a few questions about Effort Values and Individual Values.

1. You know about the "Power -" held items? Does the Pokerus have any effect on them?

2. If my Pokemon is holding a Power Bracer (+4 Attack) and battles a Zubat (usuallly +1 Speed), what Effort Values does my pokemon actually gain? What about a Machop? (Usually +1) Beedrill? (Usually +2 Attack, +1 Special Defense)

3. I'm really frustrated with getting my Pokemon to get perfect Individual Values! I've heard of RNG, but the problem is, we cannot (and I mean CANNOT) download anything on our computer because it has very little memory. Any suggestions?

Alright, well, there are my questions. Please help, and thanks to all who do!

Athenodoros

New Question, Whats the best way to look for Iv's? (or to know what they even are/look like)
Read This.
http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml
I'm sure there is a Smogon equivalent, but I think that is all correct.

Where can I get help on movesets for single Pokemon?
Assuming you mean still 4th Gen, check:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

If, however, you mean learnsets (every move it learns), check:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/

1. You know about the "Power -" held items? Does the Pokerus have any effect on them?

2. If my Pokemon is holding a Power Bracer (+4 Attack) and battles a Zubat (usuallly +1 Speed), what Effort Values does my pokemon actually gain? What about a Machop? (Usually +1) Beedrill? (Usually +2 Attack, +1 Special Defense)

3. I'm really frustrated with getting my Pokemon to get perfect Individual Values! I've heard of RNG, but the problem is, we cannot (and I mean CANNOT) download anything on our computer because it has very little memory. Any suggestions?

Check here:
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/ev_manual
but in short,

1) Power items add 4 EVs to their stat when the pokemon would otherwise get an EV in that stat. This can also be doubled by pokerus, to add 8 in total.

2) Assuming no Porkerus (otherwise just double all of them)
Zubat gives 1 Speed (and 0 Attack)
Machop gives 5 Attack
Beedrill gives 6 Attack and 1 Sp. Def.

3) You need a huge amount of maths unless you want to download RNG Reporter or something, although it really is a very small file. Look here for a guide:
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/

Does anyone have a link to the Pokemon Online game? I keep hearing about it, but can't find it (unless Pokemon WORLD Online is the same thing?)
No, they are not the same, and:
http://pokemon-online.eu/
(Online is an MMORPG, IIRC)

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus

1. yes it does have effect on the power item boost.
2. what the power item does actually is to add +4 EP into one specific stat. so whenever you fight any pokemon you should think it'll gain +4EP depending on the item AND the EPs it would normally gain from battling that pokemon.
3. RNG reporter is around 207kb (compressed) only. If your computer can't spare that minimal amount of memory then I don't know of other options....

what you mean by trade for them? in-game(not counting spin-offs like PMD) the most common way(and only way i know) to get those 3 tms is on the game corner. you cant buy them or anything.

now i might be wrong but i think that in DPP and HGSS you can get them on the battle frontier but i idk.

if you got a friend he can trade a pokemon with you that is holding the TM, just pick and use after.

those are the only ways i know.

k, another dumb question, can someone give me a few pokemon who are good at toxic/protect stalling.
and another. whats the best way to follow up a trap pass?

I'm going to make my first competitive team soon (mixed tier, everything but ubers I think), and I was wondering which would be better for a Rapid Spin/Stealth Rock lead: Claydol, Forretress or Sandslash? I plan on going with Claydol but I'm not sure.

Athenodoros

how can we rng on polkwalker is it possible?
Yes, I am fairly sure it can be done, but I don't know how. Try Google.

k, another dumb question, can someone give me a few pokemon who are good at toxic/protect stalling.
and another. whats the best way to follow up a trap pass?
There are so many bulky Pokemon who can effectively toxic stall that I'd look for what else your team needs, and try to kill more than one bird with one stone. To narrow it down, though, almost anything bulky can to some degree, and if you have a spare slot in your team, I'd fill it with something bulky that supports the team in other ways, like by providing resistances or checking threats.

I'm going to make my first competitive team soon (mixed tier, everything but ubers I think), and I was wondering which would be better for a Rapid Spin/Stealth Rock lead: Claydol, Forretress or Sandslash? I plan on going with Claydol but I'm not sure.
What do you mean when you say competitive, but mixed tier? What you use will depend on that, but immediately a Starmie lead I've seen comes to mind, which worked well. Other than that, and without knowing why you need it, it's the age old SQSA thread "whatever fits your team/whatever your team needs". If nothing else, I'd look at Forretress out of the three (it's OU for a reason). It is bulky enough to get up your rocks, and still come in regularly to spin or put them up again.

Wondering if someone would be willing to run a few damage calcs for me. The computer I'm on is older than time itself (or at least it seems), and I can't make Smogon's damage calulator work.

I need the following damage calcs, please...

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Hydro Pump versus Machamp (no SR, LO, or Specs cals)

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Hydro Pump versus Adamant Machamp(Lead Machamp) (with Tentacruel holding Life Orb)

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Icy Wind (turn one) Ice Beam (turn two) versus Timid Roserade (0 HP/4 SpDef) (no SR, LO, or Specs calcs)

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Icy Wind (turn one) Ice Beam (turn two) versus Timid Roserade (0 HP/4 SpDef) (with Tentacruel holding Life Orb)

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Icy Wind (turn one) Ice Beam (turn two) versus Calm Roserade (252 HP/252 SpDef) (no SR, LO, or Specs calcs)

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Icy Wind (turn one) Ice Beam (turn two) versus Calm Roserade (252 HP/252 SpDef) (with Tentacruel holding Life Orb)

Athenodoros

Wondering if someone would be willing to run a few damage calcs for me. The computer I'm on is older than time itself (or at least it seems), and I can't make Smogon's damage calulator work.

I need the following damage calcs, please...

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Hydro Pump versus Machamp (no SR, LO, or Specs cals) 42-49%

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Hydro Pump versus Adamant Machamp(Lead Machamp) (with Tentacruel holding Life Orb) 54-64%

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Icy Wind (turn one) Ice Beam (turn two) versus Timid Roserade (0 HP/4 SpDef) (no SR, LO, or Specs calcs) 36-42% + 61-72% = 97-114%

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Icy Wind (turn one) Ice Beam (turn two) versus Timid Roserade (0 HP/4 SpDef) (with Tentacruel holding Life Orb) 47-54% +79-93% > 100%

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Icy Wind (turn one) Ice Beam (turn two) versus Calm Roserade (252 HP/252 SpDef) (no SR, LO, or Specs calcs) 21-25% + 36-43% = 57-68%

Modest Tentacruel w/ 252 SpAtk Icy Wind (turn one) Ice Beam (turn two) versus Calm Roserade (252 HP/252 SpDef) (with Tentacruel holding Life Orb) 27-33% + 47-56% = 74-89%
Give or take a few rounding errors. Someone might also want to check one or two of these, because I find it's very easy to leave something small out.

How do u get extra flamethrowers, thunderbolts, and ice beams
You could easily attach them to pokemon from RSE or FRLG, which are obtainable from buying coins at the game corner. Then, you could go to Pal Park and transfer them over. That's what I do.

You could also get them for 10,000 coins at the Goldenrod Game Corner in HG or SS, but getting that many coins from the Voltorb flip game can take a very long time.

Edit: You could only buy coins in RSE or FRLG.

hi can i ask if my sleeptalker tyranitar is still useful in a sand storm team? thank you

Tyranitar
nature: careful
ev:252 HP / 40 Def / 218 SpD
-payback
-curse
-rest
-sleeptalk

Anyone have a good "check" to UU heracross?

Nearly half of my battles lost are because of that demon child they call Heracross. I have yet to find a great counter to it, but that might be because I have just came back to battling about two weeks ago after over a 6 month break. So any of you have a great counter to this beast?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)