Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Read the Bulbapedia Quote, it will help. It would also help to ask 5th Gen questions in the UT SQSA forum. But anyways, hope I helped, & welcome to Smogon.
Thank you so much! But, I read it and that is where my question came in. Can it work if you've already been damaged by it?

im...dazzled by all the information pokemon has to offer O.o

1st: iv, i know what they are but how can i see what iv has wich stat? i know there is a method of calcvulating it but im not really good at maths xD

method in question: HP: IV = (((HP - Level - 10) x 100) / Level) - EV/4 - (BaseStat x 2)
for the rest of the stats: IV = (((Stat / Personality) - 5) x 100 / Level) - EV/4 - (BaseStat x 2)

but this is all jabberish to me :P, can someone explain to me how to uncover the iv thing?

2nd question: what are dream abilities? are these black/white related?

thanks in advance :)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
im...dazzled by all the information pokemon has to offer O.o

It is a bit like that. Try reading the articles on site and on www.Serebii.net, which caters well for beginners (and the rest of you can stop smirking. It does)

1st: iv, i know what they are but how can i see what iv has wich stat? i know there is a method of calcvulating it but im not really good at maths xD

method in question: HP: IV = (((HP - Level - 10) x 100) / Level) - EV/4 - (BaseStat x 2)
for the rest of the stats: IV = (((Stat / Personality) - 5) x 100 / Level) - EV/4 - (BaseStat x 2)

but this is all jabberish to me :P, can someone explain to me how to uncover the iv thing?

Here is a good guide to IVs. As for finding them, a calculator like this will help you.

2nd question: what are dream abilities? are these black/white related?

Basically, in Pokemon Black and White, a sort of minigame is the Dream World, where you can go and play games and get Pokemon. However, these Pokemon have different abilities to normal, and are bred differently. For further information, go to the Simple Question thread in the Uncharted Territory, because they are only in the 5th generation, whereas this thread (and forum) is for 4th gen.

You're welcome.

edit, nvm found the answer xD

red edit:

where can i find the berries like pomeg berrie? the ones that downscale ev points in soul silver?

long story short, i have a couple larvitar that i bred.
i'm planning on using one with a tyranniboah setup

the thing is i can't decide which one i should choose
here's the IVs
larvitar 1 - 31/23/31/17/31/17
larvitar 2 - 31/1/31/24/31/31

which one should i use, and why?

i would choose the first if that is the only choice you have.
why? because larvitar 2 has only an iv of 1 for atk and that is a bit low for tyranitar that is so focussed to its atk.

otherwise i would rebreed the larvitar to something better

I knocked out uxie/mesprit/azelf in hopes of RNG'ing for them later.

But I defeated the e4 and they did not regenerate, shouldn't they be regenerating? The dialga I defeated did

Re-posting for new page. I'm trying to get a pokemon from the honey trees, but I don't feel like waiting the full 12 hours(or RNGing). Is there a way to abuse the DS clock, like you do to reset the Swarm pokemon?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't think it's possible, from what I think, if you abuse the clock, you'll probably end up waiting longer for the thing to happen, because the game will think you're cheating & punish you accordingly. Oh, you only have to wait 6 hours for a Sweet Honey Tree to get a Pokemon too.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Certain IV/natures combinations are illegal for Azelf because of the way they are calculated, as a legendary. It is impossible to get straight 31s and Naive, so 28 SpD is the best option, saving some time for people trying to find a good one. It also has the bonus of raising Download Porygon-Z's Attack rather than Special attack. It comes from a stage in the lead metagame where attacks where also predominantly physical, which is why SpD was dropped.

currently breeding for moves, why is brave bird not being passed down to murkrow?, the mother is a honchkrow father is a staraptor

So I have successfully obtained a No Guard Machamp with Mimic (From a GenIII Machoke), and I plan on using the Transform glitch to give it Sheer Cold and Fissure. I'll round out the move set with Dynamicpunch. What other third move should round out the hack? I was thinking Fire Punch, to hit Shedinja. Is there something better that will make OHKOChamp more viable?

^I'll second that (It's for Focus Sash users if your unsure why, but I'm sure you picked that up :p).

EDIT: Actually, it depends what gen your playing. If Gen 4, then go Bullet Punch (Focus Sash Ghost users are rare, but out there.). If Gen 5, then obviously go for ExtemeSpeed.

I knocked out uxie/mesprit/azelf in hopes of RNG'ing for them later.

But I defeated the e4 and they did not regenerate, shouldn't they be regenerating? The dialga I defeated did
they come back after a week just like heatran.
i changed the ds clock to seven days later, and set it to 23:59. Still, after midnight, there were no legends. Do I have to beat the e4 again? Or do I really have to wait for 7 days

If I get two Pokemon by Wondercard(ex: Raikou and Entei) and I go to the delivery man in the shop, will he give me both at the same time? Or will I have to talk to him twice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)