1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by Cathy, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Nbz

Nbz

So I just moved to Uni, and have been trying to get on Shoddy, but it seems I'm out of luck as I can't connect to any server, keep getting a time out message. I also tried PO but no servers were appearing on PO either. I have internet and both my browsers are connected as well as skype working. Are there some settings i need to change in order to be able to connect?
  2. Politoed666

Politoed666

I played my first battle on Shoddy today after downloading it, and won.

That aside, how can I view my statistics/record/etc.? Is there like a user profile or something? And what is volatility? Is there a way to simply view the leaderboards for each tier?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to playing with you guys.
  3. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. Chillarmy

Chillarmy

I keep getting this error whenever I try to start up Pokelab:
    It's kind of odd because SB1 works just fine, and I've re-downloaded this thing twice already.

I'm not really experienced with this kind of stuff, so a bit of help would be appreciated ^_^
  5. Plusle

Plusle

how can i run a pokemon lab server?
  6. Eggbert

Eggbert

I'm having the same problem as Chillarmy.

[​IMG]
  7. Cathy

Cathy

Pokemon Lab requires Java 1.5. Old versions of Mac OS X do not allow you to upgrade to Java 1.5 without buying a new version of OS X. If your version is this old, there is nothing we can do. Forward your complaints to Steve Jobs. However, if your version is a bit newer you may want to try upgrading to Java 1.5.
  8. yondie

yondie I feel a little bit, like, I'm the Braveheart of creativity.
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

how do i view my ladder rating on poke lab?
  9. Kazo

Kazo

I have Windows 7 and Java Version 6 Update 21. I am getting the same error message. Unable to launch the application.
  10. Nbz

Nbz

I am still having trouble getting on shoddy/PO and now on PokeLab. Anyone have any suggestions?
  11. Disposable Puppets

Disposable Puppets

I'm having trouble updating my sprites to HG/SS in Pokemon Lab. I have both the HG/SS and Platinum Packages installed in my preferences. Currently my sprites are the Platinum sprites but I don't know how to make it so that the HG/SS sprites are my current sprites. Default doesn't even have HG/SS it just has D/P and Platinum. I could really use some help with this
  12. Plusle

Plusle

Check if your ports are open.
  13. Duck92

Duck92

@Nbz & Plusle - I believe that the server is offline for now; probably fixing bugs and such. It should be online sooner or later.
  14. Plusle

Plusle

No I'm mean how can I make my own server?
  15. Duck92

Duck92

Well for starters, you need Trac, MySQL, MySQL++, (maybe Java?), and Linux, to run the makefile of the server. I suggest installing a webserver (XAMPP: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html), Includes MySQL. Then Install MySQL++ onto that, and java is a seperate which you can probably run either of these commands:
    Code:
    yum install java
    apt install java
    [
    Then Try installing Trac 1.0.8 (Or maybe 2.0.8?), and then configure the server, build, and run the makefile. Good luck, I'm going to make one when I get around to it.
  16. i try

i try

User "server news" just announced that the b&w updates will go in 10/1/10-10/5/10 and smogon server will be down during those times. Is this true?
  17. Xcallion x

Xcallion x

I cant save my team. i create the team and when i click the save button on the left nothing happens. when i go to Fille>save i save it but it has an error bringing up my team. "Unknown Error Reading Team."
    EDIT: i found out that my problem was related to a jolteon. i ont know what it was but as soon as i pulled the jolteon from my team everything was hunky-dory.
  18. Tomoki

Tomoki

Is there anyway I can edit the CSS for Pokelab? If so, could someone please explain how? .-.
  19. Flying Lotus

Flying Lotus

Okay, I make a team on Pokelab and then I save it. Problem is, I can't seem to load it. I suspect it being the wrong filetype, but as what filetype should I save it then?
  20. Nbz

Nbz

Sorry to sound like an Idiot, but where do i go to check/change my ports?
  21. Tomoki

Tomoki

You need to go into your router settings. Open a cmd prompt and type ipconfig then type your default gateway into Internet Explorer's address bar. Your router settings should come up and from there it's pretty router specific.

@FLying Lotus:

Save it as a .sbt file. I don't believe you can use Shoddy teams in Pokelab either.
  22. Flying Lotus

Flying Lotus

It's saved as a .sbt file, but for some reason it won't load. :/
  23. falcokid

falcokid

How do you get the health BARS to say percents? I got the text to say it but I can't get the bars to say percents, which bugs me.
  24. Mailman

Mailman

Hey guys, Smeargle only learns Sketch in Pokemon Lab, Could you please give him some moves. Thanks in advance.
  25. youhaveaface

youhaveaface

On the Sprites Page under Preferances, what does it mean by "provide a URL"

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)