1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by Cathy, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Senfroz

Senfroz

Well then, congratulations to Shoddy for losing another user. Seriously, Shoddy was created in like, 2006 or 2007? And when it was first made, it had a lot of bugs and glitches, as well as some missing moves, and even today, that last one is still the case. How is a move that Smogon says is "a fun idea" on Porygon2 not ever put into Shoddy? Seriously, the makers of Shoddy have had 3 or 4 years to make necessary changes to it, and even with that amount of time, they forget about one move. And it just coincidentally has to be the one move that would be awesome for Porygon2, because it makes it able to heal status whenever you want (by using it with a Lum Berry), continue to heal your HP even after Recover runs out of PP (by using it with a Sitrus Berry), or never run out of PP (by using it with a Leppa Berry). Yeah, COINCIDENTALLY (*cough* on purpose *cough*) they forget about that move and only that move. So yeah, Shoddy, you just lost a user.
  2. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

shoddy battle hasn't been supported for two years. nobody really cares about it

nah, the server was taken down because we play on poke lab now. the smogon shoddy battle server will likely never go back online.
  3. SOMALIA

SOMALIA The King
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Thought the guy asked meant the poke lab one ;p
  4. Ucal

Ucal

What's supposed to happen if I counter a U-Turn?

I ask, because in shoddy 1, and early versions of Shoddy 2, the U-Turn user switches out, and whatever switches in takes counter damage. Now however, nothing is damaged whatsoever. I'd like to know if this behavior is a bug that was fixed, or a bug that was introduced.
  5. Cathy

Cathy

The program does have ratings, but you can't view them yet. Obviously, in the near future, it will be possible to view them, including a leaderboard.
  6. InfamousNose

InfamousNose

Don't know if this was asked already but is there an issue with the hp percentages in pokélab? A few times I played it showed my opponents guy with 0% even though the next turn it was still alive.
  7. Curtains

Curtains

its rounded down. For example if you had a poke with 1000 hp and he had 7hp left it would be rounded down to zero instead of 1%
  8. leafbarrett

leafbarrett

Is there any way to manually edit the sprites, or is it restricted to the packages?
  9. Mercy

Mercy

How do you save logs?
  10. yiran

yiran

How do you load teams?

Every time I go onto the team builder, I click load, nothing happens...

The folders on the side are empty. I have kept my teams in one place before, and when I load my team for the ladder/challenge it works perfectly fine.

I'm using a Macbook Pro.

This is for Pokemon Lab.
  11. The Diverman

The Diverman

I have a possible stupid question here, but I'm going to ask it anyway. On shoddy, I'm trying to get heatran with hp grass, but the ivs are coming up invalid. First why is that and second is there someway I can fix it?
  12. Naxte

Naxte

Heatran's a Legendary, which means that you cannot breed it. This means that not all IV combinations all legal on it. So, to find a combination that's legal, just keep lowering an unimportant IV (like in Heatran's case, Attack) by increments of 4 until you find a combination that works.
  13. Wafle

Wafle

Is the server down?

I can't connect at all, I've tried reinstalling but it doesn't work

I was just battling someone and I couldn't do anything, I closed it and have been unable to connect
  14. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

it would appear the server is down for the moment. Please just wait until it comes back on
  15. yiran

yiran

Anyone? This is a major issue for me.
  16. bzkrpldn

bzkrpldn

for some reason everytime i use fakeout it never works but when someone uses it against me it hits without fail

is there something im doing wrong or is it a glitch?
  17. Recoil

Recoil

About Gen V implementation: do you plan on only doing that after we get B/W in English?
    Asking this because PO has decided to do the same.
  18. San_Pellegrino

San_Pellegrino the eternal dreamer
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Only works first turn you're out
  19. Berserker Lord

Berserker Lord unreliable analysis writer.

We would need to have a extensive knowledge of the mechanics of the moves, abiltys, held items, and features of Gen 5 before any work on 5th Gen capability on the simulator. Even the, it'll take a good amount of time to code it all so we have no idea when there will be 5th gen on the simulator.
  20. gdragon88

gdragon88

For me, the load/save buttons below the folders section don't work, and I'm still using XP. I load my team by just going to File --> and Load Team within the Team Builder
  21. ozpccheng

ozpccheng

I am playing pokemon black version in jap,
    Using U-turn,fire blast, surf, dragon pulse choice scarf timid sanzando
    and fire blast, overheat, energy ball, shadow ball choice spec bold shandera
    any suggestion for a last pokemon for battle train(basically the new battle tower,lv50 3v3)?
  22. SOMALIA

SOMALIA The King
    is a Contributor Alumnus

This is the wrong thread to post such a comment in (This thread is for questions relating to the new Pokemon simulator 'Pokemon Lab' and 'Shoddy Battle'.
    Post in this thread

EDIT: How do you save your battle logs on Pokemon Lab? I went to preferences 'always save logs' but it never asks me if I want to.
  23. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

that's because it's saving them (without prompting you) in the directory you specified. if you would prefer to be prompted to save at the end of every battle, you can change it in the same spot in preferences.
  24. Zanda

Zanda

I have a question about Shoddy Battle.
    I'm running my own server, but the move sets aren't updated to HGSS standard - are the files around that anyone has to fix this? I don't mind if they're updated database files or a patch file.

Thanks for any help.
  25. Duck92

Duck92

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)