Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

My shoddy has stopped working and as usual I uninstalled it and attempted to download it again. However, the Shoddy Battle website does not seem to be working and as such I am unable to do so. Any ideas?
yeah i have the same problem, i think shoddy is just down atm

I have no problems openning up Shoddy battle, but when I try to access any of the servers I can't connect. It says "An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server: Connection timed out: connect" How do I fix this?
Thanks, before hand, for the help.

Has redownloading Shoddy Battle (since the site is now apparently up again) helped? If not, you can try this (get a .zip of Platinum sprites if you prefer those).

It was actually just related to the server downtime yesterday. All of my sprites are fine now.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this is the wrong thread...

I just made a Smogon university account today, and when I attempt to connect to the Smogon server and log in to play on Shoddy, it says my account does not exist. Is there a reason for this? Should I wait until tomorrow and it'll be fine? Or should I reinstall Shoddy? I checked that my account name was correctly input, and it's obviously working on the forums. Is there a way to fix this?

The server was not full, there was room for about 10 more people on it.

EDIT:Nevermind. I didn't register

The Smogon University login button is not working for me. I can register new usernames on that server as well as login onto other servers. However when I click login on the Smogon Universty server nothing happens. I have been on this server many times before, and was wondering if someone could help me.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this is a glitch or not. Anyway, here goes:

I was making an attempt at the Suspect ladder, when I met another person whose CRE was ~500. This was my first battle mind, so my CRE was 100. I lost the match, and when I checked my CRE right after to see how much it had dropped, and saw it has gone up to 487.

Any idea how that happened?

Is there anywhere i can view a comprehensive list of the ladder and who is where..which player is at the top...and so on?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I don't know if this is a glitch or not. Anyway, here goes:

I was making an attempt at the Suspect ladder, when I met another person whose CRE was ~500. This was my first battle mind, so my CRE was 100. I lost the match, and when I checked my CRE right after to see how much it had dropped, and saw it has gone up to 487.

Any idea how that happened?
Thats the way it works. You won't always go up when you lose obviously, but since your opponent had such a higher cre than you(and because it was your first battle) your cre went up anyways. This thread probably explains it.

Ummm, Dragonite doesnt have Extreemespeed, where can I get an ESpeed Nite?
You have to be logged on to a smogon server when you start making your team, or when it prompts you for what server your making the team for, select Doug's create a pokemon server, or smogon university.

I have no problems openning up Shoddy battle, but when I try to access any of the servers I can't connect. It says "An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server: Connection timed out: connect" How do I fix this?
Thanks, before hand, for the help.
I suppose I should also add that whenever I go on Shoddy battle it doesn't say anyone is on any of the servers. Is there something I have to do to connect to the servers that I overlooked? Or is there no hope and my computer just sucks? Again, thanks.

Is there a reason why people take forever to make a move? Like in the first 3 turns...until they are low on time then they make moves faster?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but on the suspect ladder, I have a high enough CRE to be on the leaderboard (1458), and my deviation is 97 right now (I'm playing with an alt). However, my name just plain isn't on there for some reason (I did a Ctrl + F as well). I'm not really sure what's up with that, but are the leaderboards no longer updated instantly, or is it just a bug?

Thanks.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but on the suspect ladder, I have a high enough CRE to be on the leaderboard (1458), and my deviation is 97 right now (I'm playing with an alt). However, my name just plain isn't on there for some reason (I did a Ctrl + F as well). I'm not really sure what's up with that, but are the leaderboards no longer updated instantly, or is it just a bug?

Thanks.
That happened to me in the UU leaderboards when they reset the UU ratings for everyone, the leaderboard doesn't edit new people who have a high enough CRE in a given leaderboard until around Midnight, where it gets edited with all the new people who reached the leaderboards. :D

I made an account on the smogon server, but the login button doesnt do anything for me either. ive seen severall people with this problem, any solutions?

I am trying to make an Ubers team for a tourney that I'm in but I have never played Ubers before in my life and I wanted to test my team out on Shoddy but everytime i search for a battle it tells me "the iv's and nature of this pokemon are not correct please visit team builder for help" but it doesnt tell me which pokemon it is and I have looked and not found out whats wrong. Can anybody help me?

/record accountnamehere

CRE is a conservative estimate of your rating and is what's used for ladder. In most cases, you will want to refer to this.

TheFreshness, nature/IV problems should only occur in legendaries, so start there. Certain IV spreads are incompatible with various natures on legendaries; you can read more about them in this WIP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)