Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hai there guys.

I was wondering - does Synchronize work if the Pokemon in question is like Dialga or Mewtwo, just sitting there? Or does it only work on runners?

Would this moveset for calm minding Bronzong be viable?

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: HP 252 / DEF 100 / SpAtk 100 / SpDef 58
Sassy Nature (+SpDef / - Speed)

Calm Mind
Gyro Ball
Charge Beam
Psychic

I'm think keeping Gyroball would be worthwhile for the STAB on top of bronzong's super low speed. I'm just looking for other opinions right now.
I guess what I'm asking is if it would be better to run Gyro Ball or Block with this set.

Synchronize

Hai there guys.

I was wondering - does Synchronize work if the Pokemon in question is like Dialga or Mewtwo, just sitting there? Or does it only work on runners?
Synchronize works on stationary pokemon as well such as azelf, giratina and dialga. However, synchronize does not work on these pokemon in the 3rd generation games (R/S/E FR/LG)

Sometimes my Pokemon's ability changes and I specifically made sure it was an ability that would correspond the one I wanted, such as: Rhyhorn with Rock Head, but ends up as a Rhydon with Lightning Rod.

Can anyone tell me what factors can cause this random switch in abilities when the Pokemon has a 2 potential abilities and whether Pal Park has any effect on this outcome?

i have a question about the ribbons you can get. how many can you get without doing the contests, and what are they, and how do you get them? or is there a list somewhere that i can just go and see instead of someone naming them?

I have a question regarding my Bellyzard. Sometimes when he uses Substitute and Belly Drum, he eats the salac berry, but today I played PBR and he didn't ever eat it.

Is it because when I'm on WiFi, he's at lv 100, but in PBR, he's at 50? Is there a certain number of EVs or HP needed for it to always work?

What exactly does Roost do to the Flying type Pokemon that uses it? When my Lugia used Roost in PBR, the opposing Manaphys Ice Beam was not Super Effective, so I assumed it removed the Flying type. However, when I was battling in the Tower in Diamond, I used Earthquake on a Skarmory who had just used Roost on the turn before, but it still didn't affect it.

What exactly does Roost do to the Flying type Pokemon that uses it? When my Lugia used Roost in PBR, the opposing Manaphys Ice Beam was not Super Effective, so I assumed it removed the Flying type. However, when I was battling in the Tower in Diamond, I used Earthquake on a Skarmory who had just used Roost on the turn before, but it still didn't affect it.
Roost, IIRC, only "removes" the type the turn it's used. So it stops flying and roosts or whatever, then next turn starts flying again

i have a question about the ribbons you can get. how many can you get without doing the contests, and what are they, and how do you get them? or is there a list somewhere that i can just go and see instead of someone naming them?
Try the Effort Ribbon, the Footprint Ribbon (The guy on the beach near Pastoria), and Hall of Fame Ribbon, and the seven freebie ribbons from the woman in Sunyshore that complains about her relationships.

Are there any qualifications for signing up for tournaments? I looked to see if there were any because I wasn't sure if Smogon had certain standards that have to be met before entering. Thanks.

Quick question - when breeding I heard there was a way to make it so that when you're walking around waiting to hatch an egg, the number of steps is halved. Could someone tell me how quickly?

Thanks.

Quick question - when breeding I heard there was a way to make it so that when you're walking around waiting to hatch an egg, the number of steps is halved. Could someone tell me how quickly?

Thanks.
If you have a pokemon with the Magma Armor or Flame Body Ability in your party, the number of steps needed will be halved.

Flame Body:
Slugma, Magcargo, Magby, Magmar, Magmortar.

Magma Armor:
Slugma, Magcargo, Camerupt.

I've got a quick one. I've bred for a good Treecko to use as a special sweeper. My moveset idea was Crunch, Dragonbreath, Leaf Blade, and Thunderpunch. However, I just discovered I have an HP Ice of 66/67. Which move should I replace, or should I just forget about the Hidden Power?

Note: This is in Emerald, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)