Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ah that's true. What else would you use it as tho? Calm Mind sweeper, or something?
TR setup, Sleep something, then explode. As I said I have other tanks in the team. three others, to be exact. And two who are immune / resist ground.

Still need Mc Gar moveset, unless there's another wall breaker that someone thinks would suit a team of:
Bronzong - TR setup
Slowbro - TR setup, tank
Ryperior - RAWR, TR beast!
Zapdos - Pressure stall, all round cool
Blissey - egg whore, cleric, wish passer.

Lol, Anyone got a spare Mc Gar moveset and EV spread handy? It ain't in the analysis.

Jenigmat, you mistake the role of my Bronzong for a tank.
Substitute
Focus Punch
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Well atleast how it went in ADV anyway. That was used to break SkarmBliss.

Gengar wishes he had Ice Beam

Substitute/Hypnosis, Focus Punch, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt/HP ICE
EV:s 156 Attack, 170 Special Attack, 184 speed

I believe that was the Advance set. D/P doesn't have a popular McGar.

Sunday

Ok thanks guys, i'll just go with the life orb set from the analysis. It's close enough.

Sunday

I'm also thinking of Magnezone now. Reading the analysis made me realise that mose steels can wreak havak with my team. Why does Mag always make it onto my teams lol? Time to bring back old "Wish you had shed shell" :D

Sunday

I love coming in on random Meta's, taking zero damage from Meteor mash, then watching the opponent shit themselves as I rise faster than they earthquake thanks to Anti's awesome set and preceed to thunderbolt them...

Technician question

I was wondering how the power of a move boosted by both the ability Technician and STAB is calculated in the game. Are both calculated individually then added to the total power, or one after the other with the second boost taking the first into consideration?

For example, is Metal claw on a Scizor (base power 50) calculated with and increase of 25 for STAB and 25 for technician giving it a total of 100 or and increase of 25 for stab/technician (totaling 75) then 37.5 for the other boost bringing it to a total of 112.5?

Sunday

One after the other taking the first into concideration I believe. Like your example where you ended with 112.5.

If I switch in a Yanmega to take an attack, will I get the Speed Boost for that turn?

I always thought I would, but a Weavile just outsped my Yanmega after I switched him in to take a Brick Break. The next turn I used Bug Buzz but he outsped me. And it wasn't scarfed, either.

Did you see the it got a speed boost part? Are you sure its ability is speed boost and not tint lens? If not then your yanmega had low speed ivs and a non + speed nature. Weavile susually has jolly/max speed ivs/evs. Plus you can't excpect it to outspeed EVERYTHING after a 1 speed boost.

I wasn't looking when he would have got the boost so I wasn't sure.

And I know for a fact he would have outsped it.

Edit: Just tried again, and apparently he doesn't...which is really gay, IMO.

Is it possible to get an Ice Punch/Switcheroo Buneary? I've been trying to piece it together, but I can't seem to.

Can someone explain how speeds work? I just lost in the Tower in the most puzzling of circumstances. Himonlee (base speed 87, Adamant, presumably 252 EVs) uses Blaze Kick, Heracross dies. I throw Latios in (base speed 100, Modest, 252 EVs), and Hitmonlee goes first and uses Stone Edge, Latios dies (was at half health). This is important because Snorlax would have OHKOed had Latios even slightly damaged Hitmonlee, since Focus Sash kicked in and Hitmonlee CC'd again to kill Snorlax. Why did Hitmonlee go first?

Sunday

For one how do you know Lee was Adamant? It seems to me that your Latios reaches 288-319 speed depending on the IV. A Jolly Hitmonlee can reach 300 Speed. That or a quick claw was involved.

I need breeding ideas, i won't do them now, but some time in the future. presumably something that is somewhat uncommon

Sunday

Trick Kecleon
Adamant
28+ / 31 / 20+ / x / 31 / 31

Absorb a Choiced Flamethrower/ice beam/psychic/any type that resists itself, etc with your great Sdef stat, then trick Choice Specs into the incoming Physical Pokemon. Then proceed to kill some stuff with a decent Atk stat. Alternativly you could go modest @ 31 Satk.

For one how do you know Lee was Adamant? It seems to me that your Latios reaches 288-319 speed depending on the IV. A Jolly Hitmonlee can reach 300 Speed. That or a quick claw was involved.
According to the D/P Battle Tower moveset list, both Hitmonlees are Adamant. Wait...I suppose that might be a mistake? It is a rough guide, after all. And Latios has 110 speed, typo there. Quick Claw was def. not involved as he survived Snorlax's Body Slam with 1HP left and I got the Focus Sash mesage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)