Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many good pokes get it, and the ones that do often have other moves to consider. But it's very useful on stuff like Donphan, Hariyama, Tentacruel, Gliscor etc.
I'm personally thinking of running it on Mandibuzz on a Anti-Meta team.
ALSO: Is this a good set for probopass???
Probopass-Magnet Pull
Modest-Shuca Berry
252 HP, 252 SP.A, 4 DEF
-Sunny Day
-HP Fire
-Thunderbolt
-Rest

this might be a dumb question but how come there hasn't been a round 5 OU suspect vote/nomination thread when the round ended like 2 weeks ago?

this might be a dumb question but how come there hasn't been a round 5 OU suspect vote/nomination thread when the round ended like 2 weeks ago?
I believe it's because of the enormous amount of time the server was down during the suspect test. Someone else might be able to give an exact date for when the round will actually end, but I haven't seen one announced.

What are prevalent mixed attackers in the metagame? I've run plenty of physical or special sweepers before, but mixed sets are interesting looking, it looks fun to be able to take out even some of the counters.

I know that Infernape, Lucario, Salamence, and Dragonite can all go mixed.

Likewise, Thunderus/Tornadus/Landorus can go mixed. Basically, anything with a good/great attacking stat and a decent/good of the other attacking stat can go mixed. Or you can give a Pokemon with bad special attack/attack a specific move to beat one of its counters. There are tons that have the option to go mixed.

What are prevalent mixed attackers in the metagame? I've run plenty of physical or special sweepers before, but mixed sets are interesting looking, it looks fun to be able to take out even some of the counters.

I know that Infernape, Lucario, Salamence, and Dragonite can all go mixed.
you could try a mixed nidoking-set with sheer force :P oh and you can also use Serperior and samurott :P

No. Serperior doesn't have the moveset and Samurott is useless. Mixed Nidoking isn't really that effective, either. Just because something CAN go mixed (I don't think Serperior even can go mixed) doesn't mean it should.

Stick to some good ones like Lucario, Ape, the genies, etc.

No. Serperior doesn't have the moveset and Samurott is useless. Mixed Nidoking isn't really that effective, either. Just because something CAN go mixed (I don't think Serperior even can go mixed) doesn't mean it should.

Stick to some good ones like Lucario, Ape, the genies, etc.
actually serperior CAN go mixed and samurott may have future...............in RU or NU to say the leats:P but yeah i was just listing some (how is Lucario go mixed???)

I find mienshao a good mixed sweeper. Its one of the few fighting types, other than luke, to effectively use hp ice to hurt gliscor.

actually serperior CAN go mixed and samurott may have future...............in RU or NU to say the leats:P but yeah i was just listing some (how is Lucario go mixed???)
Serperior has base 75 attack and special attack, why would you want to run a mix set on it? You may have a point about Samurott though, at least in NU whenever it's released (not RU where it's #75 in usage). Down there mixed attacking might be a good idea, since its attacking stats do both seem to be two of the higher ones down there out of the water types.

Is Rock Slide a good move on Haxorus?
Yes. I would never use Brick Break and EQ together because it seems extremely redundant. Run Rock Slide+EQ and you'll be able to hit Ice/Flying types (Salamence, Weavile, et cetera). The only reason I'd see to run Brick Break is if you were deathly afraid of TTar. Earthquake and Rock Slide are more effective than Earthquake and Brick Break (at least in my opinion).

For a Genesect (DW obviously), what's a good move besides Flamethrower to use on the standard Timid Scarf set alongside U-Turn + BoltBeam? Also, what move do I use on CM Keldio besides Hydro Pump and Secret Sword (not HP-Ice)?

I really can't decide what item to give my bulky gyarados. I've considered leftovers but it's a bit iffy. Life orb defeats the purpose of being bulky. I'm thinking of using Wacan Berry so he doesnt ie instantly to an electric attack, but I need some solid proof of what that can do for me first. What pokemon can gyarados get past if he's holding a wacan berry that otherwise would kill him out with an electric attack?

Two quick questions:

1.) Would I be correct in assuming the Castform thread was closed either because people kept saying it needed a sandstorm form/evolution or because Castform is completely useless competitively?

2.) Does the boost from the Lansat Berry (raising the critical hit ratio) stack if it is recalled through Recycle/Harvest? I'd assume it's like Focus Energy and only works once, but I would appreciate confirmation/refutation.

Edit: Thanks Virizion.

Two quick questions:

1.) Would I be correct in assuming the Castform thread was closed either because people kept saying it needed a sandstorm form/evolution or because Castform is completely useless competitively?

2.) Does the boost from the Lansat Berry (raising the critical hit ratio) stack if it is recalled through Recycle/Harvest? I'd assume it's like Focus Energy and only works once, but I would appreciate confirmation/refutation.
1. Yes, it's very likely that both of those are the reasons.

2. I'm pretty sure it'd only work like that on a Pokémon with Super Luck (Allows Focus Energy and Dire Hits to be used consecutively).

Yes. I would never use Brick Break and EQ together because it seems extremely redundant. Run Rock Slide+EQ and you'll be able to hit Ice/Flying types (Salamence, Weavile, et cetera). The only reason I'd see to run Brick Break is if you were deathly afraid of TTar. Earthquake and Rock Slide are more effective than Earthquake and Brick Break (at least in my opinion).
A Dragon STAB (likely Dual Chop) would hit either of those harder than Rockslide...

Just because you see the words "Super Effective" doesn't mean it always does more than your STAB if you have really high powered ones....which Hax absolutely does.

is there any way to either copy a pokemon's attack list from PO's teambuilder, or get the same information from a different source, in order to paste it into excel?

no, thats not what i meant

i want the the full list of every attack a pokemon can know, including all the information about how it's learned, type, pp, power, acc, and category

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)