Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm really?
blacken seems to powerful in PO (not smog on but still)
blaziken was extremely good when it was still allowed in std battles.
however, swsw + drizzle combo (most...MOST credit goes to kingdra) was just plain ridiculous. notably, spA kingdra with LO and specs kingdra really were menaces that just seemed out of place for the standard meta.

If you have a pokemon with the ability swift swim on your team, and your opponent activates drizzle, does that count towards the swift swim/drizzle ban?

Okay then.
I've been getting loads of people asking me "Is Shadow Tag banned from standard play?"

I am curious on the answer myself because if I check the Smogon ban list, its not there but everyone still tells me its banned.

So, to put an end to this matter, Is Shadow Tag banned or not?

I'm trying to make a Weavile set for perfect revenge killer. Max attack max speed timid life orb. Ice Shard (priority), Pursuit (trapping), Low Kick (coverage), are three moves so far. What could I do for my last? I have taunt, but considered fake out. Fake out nets KO's that Ice shard/priority that doesnt switch wouldn't OHKO.
You'll want to use Jolly, not Timid, and the normal 4th move choice for Weavile is either Ice Punch or Night Slash, to give it a STAB with more than 40 BP. The choice between the two is based on what you want it to hit. Also, if you're going for a pure revenge killer, you might want to use Choice Band over Life Orb.

@ ^ No, Shadow Tag is not banned in any way on Smogon. The only things that come close are that Wobbuffet is banned from UU, and many people don't want to face Shadow Tag Chandelure in Dream World battles, and say so in their signatures. I do believe, however, that PO did ban Shadow Tag Chandelure on their server.

Okay then.
I've been getting loads of people asking me "Is Shadow Tag banned from standard play?"

I am curious on the answer myself because if I check the Smogon ban list, its not there but everyone still tells me its banned.

So, to put an end to this matter, Is Shadow Tag banned or not?
Shadow Tag is noot banned on Smogon. To clarify, on Smogon the only abilities banned are Moody and the combination of the abilities Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team.

You'll want to use Jolly, not Timid, and the normal 4th move choice for Weavile is either Ice Punch or Night Slash, to give it a STAB with more than 40 BP. The choice between the two is based on what you want it to hit. Also, if you're going for a pure revenge killer, you might want to use Choice Band over Life Orb.
Ah, I meant jolly, my bad. For the fourth move choice, I did damage calcs, and on everything weak to pursuit that I would trap, it's an OHKO if they flee, and a 2hko guaranteed if they stay, so night slash isn't really needed. Unless I want neutral coverage, which isn't favorable because I'm gearing this weavile as more of a cleaner/revenger. Ice Punch IDK, because shard also 2hko's everything weak to ice in my calcs. I'm thinking taunt because of some annoying things, but Fake Out guarantees KO's in tandem with the 40 BP moves for anything weak to them. Probably Fake out. It's very useful.

Ah, I meant jolly, my bad. For the fourth move choice, I did damage calcs, and on everything weak to pursuit that I would trap, it's an OHKO if they flee, and a 2hko guaranteed if they stay, so night slash isn't really needed. Unless I want neutral coverage, which isn't favorable because I'm gearing this weavile as more of a cleaner/revenger. Ice Punch IDK, because shard also 2hko's everything weak to ice in my calcs. I'm thinking taunt because of some annoying things, but Fake Out guarantees KO's in tandem with the 40 BP moves for anything weak to them. Probably Fake out. It's very useful.

the thing is, you dont want it to 2hko. u want it to 1hko all revenged pokes. if you dont ohko them, ur weavile will be dea. i recommend a simple set of

ice shard/pursuit/low kick/nightslash
holding CB

some ppl expect pursuit and stay in and no pokes are x4 weak to dark, and there are many pokemon x4 weak to ice... sho.. night slash fore more power.

If you've recently altared the time/date on your DS, this can throw it off.

For team rates, go to the front forum page, scroll down to Competitive, then to Rate My Team. (I'd link you if I wasn't on my Wii)
I think that might have been it. I did play with the time to help get my espeon, so that could be the issues. Thanks to the advise but Is there a set amount of time that I have to wait before the DW "Clock" resets it self?

licky aviies are adorable :D

question: An offensive combo of Latios and Volcarone work what about a defensive one about Swampert and Ferro?

does ice shard 2 hit dragonite with multiscale?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Yes it does. A LO ice shard does 87% - 103.6% to Dragonite without multiscale factored in. So the first hit will break multiscale while the 2nd will always finish it off (the calc assumes max HP Dnite).

I just read on the Global Link site that there is a password for a Croagunk C-Gear skin in the August issue of Nintendo Power. I have that issue, and I can't find the password anywhere in it. Does anyone know where it is? Perhaps they meant the September issue...

suspect round 5

When are the vote results for round 5? I saw on the thread that the votes were supposed to be done end of july. And nothing is out.

I just read on the Global Link site that there is a password for a Croagunk C-Gear skin in the August issue of Nintendo Power. I have that issue, and I can't find the password anywhere in it. Does anyone know where it is? Perhaps they meant the September issue...
NPCGEAR (It's on the Serebii homepage).

I've been RNGing for a flawless Rotom, and the one I want is on frame 84. I can consistently hit my seed, but the problem is if I chatter 23 times I land on frame 83, if I chatter 24 times I land on frame 85. What would you suggest I do? Thanks in advance!!

EDIT: This is breeding in 5th gen by the way, if that changes anything.

I can't seem to find a way to use darmanitan with zen mode ability effectively, especially since it does not get calm mind and at less than half its HP, even those boosted defenses cannot withstand a neutral attack. I was thinking of giving it as much bulk as possible, but it either gets OHKO'd or has very little HP left. And because of its speed drop in zen mode, it mostly gets KO'd right after changing without even getting a chance to try something like a chestorest technique.

I was wondering if anyone has managed to use Zen mode to their advantage. If yes, please let me know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)