Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
a defensive pokemon that allows you to gain momentum by switching into an attack and taking little from it and then letting it switch to another pokemon safely (minimal damage)

thinks like ferrothon, scizor, rotom-w

Nexus asked me to post my question here.

I am looking for a real example of how an EV is calculated for one stat by learning the stat increment amount after leveling up. Can someone help?

Cheers!

I am looking for a real example of how an EV is calculated for one stat by learning the stat increment amount after leveling up. Can someone help?

Cheers!
Not sure if this helps but an ev increase the stat by one per 4 evs.

Cheers!
At LV100, a stat increases by 1 point for every 4 EVs. As the level lowers, the stats change proportionally - at LV50, you need 8 EVs for a point; at LV10, you need 40 EVs for a point. All aspects of the stat are the same way - other than the automatic 5 base (or 10 for HP), stats change in direct proportion to the Pokemon's level.

At LV100, a stat increases by 1 point for every 4 EVs. As the level lowers, the stats change proportionally - at LV50, you need 8 EVs for a point; at LV10, you need 40 EVs for a point. All aspects of the stat are the same way - other than the automatic 5 base (or 10 for HP), stats change in direct proportion to the Pokemon's level.
So from lv. 51 to 100, each 4 EVs make 1 point. Can you please put the rest in sets of ranges? Thanks!

I think that it changes subtly for each individual level, and the levels mentioned earlier were just benchmarks with simple numbers. Since most battles use pokemon at level 100, you can just use the 4 evs to one stat point ratio and the pokemon's base stats to find your numbers.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Thank you very much, those are exactly the options I needed!
actually, when you look at the helpful dual stabs damage list, the best dual stabs belong to Kingdra, Scrafty, and Gyarados, which only have three, two, and three resists to their STABs respectively.

I think that it changes subtly for each individual level, and the levels mentioned earlier were just benchmarks with simple numbers. Since most battles use pokemon at level 100, you can just use the 4 evs to one stat point ratio and the pokemon's base stats to find your numbers.
This is correct.

EVs x Level / 400 = # of points gained in that stat from EVs

Or, to find the overall stats at any level:

(((Base x 2) + (EVs / 4) + IVs) x Level / 100) + 5

That's for a neutral nature. +stat natures multiply the whole thing by 1.1; -stat natures multiply the whole thing by 0.9. I'm not sure whether that happens before or after the +5.

This is correct.

EVs x Level / 400 = # of points gained in that stat from EVs

Or, to find the overall stats at any level:

(((Base x 2) + (EVs / 4) + IVs) x Level / 100) + 5

That's for a neutral nature. +stat natures multiply the whole thing by 1.1; -stat natures multiply the whole thing by 0.9. I'm not sure whether that happens before or after the +5.
Thanks, guys. But how to find base stats? And I know that base stats increase when a Pokemon evolves—wouldn't this mess everything up?

Honest Curiosity. (Since it can be answered with one post, posting here :P)

Why do NU/UU analyses always talk about how they are good for countering X OU/Uber pokemon, and X OU/Uber pokemon counters them, but rarely ever mention the NU/UU pokemon that would do the same.

Just something I noticed on Sigilyph (who, I assume is mostly due to the fact his analysis was done while he was still OU), whereas Houndoom is not mentioned for completing walling his Cosmic Power Flame Orb set (can't be burned with Psycho Shift, and no damage from stored power), and Bisharp and Drapion completely wall his Cosmic Power Toxic Orb set, (can't be poisoned and no damage from stored power).

now, im just wondering about 3 things.

1. what is limbo in pokemon tiers?

2. what is a filler in a move set?

and 3. is it possible to teach salamence outrage, dragon dance, and hydro pump in b/w?

Not certain about the first and I don't know how to explain the second but...

It's not possible for Salamence to learn all three moves outside 4th gen since outrage is only a move tutor in 4th gen, and hydro pump and dragon dance are only egg moves (thus making a combination of them only obtainable in the game it's bred in)

BurningMan

fueled by beer
now, im just wondering about 3 things.

1. what is limbo in pokemon tiers?

2. what is a filler in a move set?

and 3. is it possible to teach salamence outrage, dragon dance, and hydro pump in b/w?
Limbo was an old tier between Ubers and OU that doesn't exists anymore its used in the BW Dex for technical reasons, just read RU (the currently lowest tier in the BW Metagame) everywhere instead of Limbo.

A Filler Move is something that you put in, because you got no other good options in the Pokemons movepool like a simple Example: Choice Band Terrakion only really needs Close Combat and Stone Edge. X-Scissor and Quick Attack are filler moves, because they got very specific use and the set would actually work even without them.

Honest Curiosity. (Since it can be answered with one post, posting here :P)

Why do NU/UU analyses always talk about how they are good for countering X OU/Uber pokemon, and X OU/Uber pokemon counters them, but rarely ever mention the NU/UU pokemon that would do the same.

Just something I noticed on Sigilyph (who, I assume is mostly due to the fact his analysis was done while he was still OU), whereas Houndoom is not mentioned for completing walling his Cosmic Power Flame Orb set (can't be burned with Psycho Shift, and no damage from stored power), and Bisharp and Drapion completely wall his Cosmic Power Toxic Orb set, (can't be poisoned and no damage from stored power).
The analysis speaks about using the Pokemon in OU. Houndoom walls him, but he sucks in OU(or at least, Heatran > Houndoom). When UU analyses are uploaded, things are also similarly amended.

@BurningMan: lolno. Limbo is used to describe a Pokemon that currently does not have a decided tier. This usually happens when the tier lists start to form in the beginning. You can't just dump everything as RU, you know.

Thanks, guys. But how to find base stats? And I know that base stats increase when a Pokemon evolves—wouldn't this mess everything up?
Any good Pokemon site will list all of the base stats of a Pokemon in their page for the Pokemon.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/infernape

Smogon, Serebii, and Bulbapedia are all good places to find this information. And yes, base stats change when a Pokemon evolves. At this point, the Pokemon's stats are immediately adjusted to fit their new base stats, whether that results in raising or lowering their stats. When you evolve a Pokemon does not matter; if you take two Eevees with the same EVs, IVs, and nature, and evolve one into Vaporeon at LV20, and the other one into Vaporeon at LV60, they will have the exact same stats at all levels past 60.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, the substitute has a set amount of health. In the case of 101 Subs it's 101 HP points. It requires 101+ damage to break the sub, meaning two seismic tosses will break it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)