1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Arcticblast, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Friar

Friar

I have a lot of teams and have some trouble navigating through them. On PO you save your teams to a folder on your computer that you can organize if you want. Is there a folder feature on Showdown, or some alternate way of saving teams to mitigate this problem somewhat? Thanks in advance.
  2. toshimelonhead

toshimelonhead Raising Whitney's Miltank

I was fiddling around with LastPass and forgot my password for Showdown (main account with the same username). Is it possible to reset my PS account and/or PM me the password? Thank you so much in advance.
  3. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

I've heard in past situations where this has happened to other users to PM an admin about it. I'm sure Zarel has what you need, I vaguely remember him giving someone the link to a password reset page or something on IRC.
  4. Miikka

Miikka

I seem to be remember being able to download pokemon showdown but now the button to do so has dissapeared from under the play online button?
  5. Raen

Raen

Is there a way to run non-Smogon servers over https:// ? I've been trying to play on the Nugget Bridge showdown server, but I can never connect. To play on the regular servers I have to run the site over https:// rather than http:// or the same thing happens, so I assume my problem with the Nugget Bridge server (and I assume any other server that uses the xxxxxx.psim.us style URL) is that I can't run it over https:// . I've tried just typing http://xxxxxx.psim.us but that doesn't work.
  6. Aura Burst

Aura Burst

I am not quite sure how the http/https thing works, though I am sure that many will be able to assist in the Technical Support forum, just under this one in the thread list. I believe the OP will have solutions.
  7. Dukewarrior13

Dukewarrior13

For your ranking, what is the difference between ACRE, GXE and Glicko2? What do they each mean? Also, in Glicko2, what does provisional do to the numbers? Thank you.
  8. MinusPi

MinusPi

Will Pokemon Showdown go full 3D because of 6th gen or will we continue to use sprites?
  9. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

It will use sprites
  10. MCBarrett

MCBarrett i love it when you call me big hoppa

can you lose points without battling if the ladder doesn't decay? I was 2401 on the NU ladder and dropped to 1948 while everyone else stayed the same.
  11. Tuter King

Tuter King

Is it a glitch that my rank went down on battle 11? My rank on battle 10 was 2058 as seen on this replay
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/lc-44005977.

But on battle 11 my rank went down to 1948 after i won, i forgot to save this replay. I'm at 11 wins 0 loses so I don't get why my rank went down. Any one know why?

*edit: I guess it is the same question as the one above me.*
  12. Arcticblast

Arcticblast LOL STAFF FAG
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

It all boils down to "ACRE is bugged" and that's all there really is to it. Stick with Glicko2.
  13. T'Variousness King

T'Variousness King

How many battles are required to show up on the ladder? I'm 10-0 (2089) and 1st on the VGC 2013 ladder, but I don't show up. However, because I am higher than everyone else, the rating system is skewed so that if I win I'll get 10-40 points (or maybe even go down like tuter king) and if I lose I'll go down 200-300, so I really don't want to play the tier anymore for fear of losing my rating. :/
  14. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

If you use the /rank command, you can see that there is a box called "Glicko2." The value in the box will look something like the following, using an example from one of my own ranks:

1597 ± 286
    (provisional)

If you have the (provisional) next to that number, your deviation (the number next to "provisional") is too high for you to show up on the ladder. The deviation stat is used to prevent people without a lot of battling experience on an alt to shoot right to the top of the ladder with ease. To be on the ladder for VGC, your deviation needs to be 100 or lower. So keep battling until you get your deviation to this benchmark and then you'll show up on the ladder. Hope this answers your question!

Unrelated: Love your username
  15. T'Variousness King

T'Variousness King

Ok now I'm pissed at this system
    I win a game, my rating goes up to 2080 (I had lost 2 games)
    At the end of the next game, it says this:
    T'Variousness King 1902 --> 1912

My rating just dropped 180 points.
    WTF!?
  16. Manitary

Manitary

I don't remember exactly, but after like 15 matches the rating self-adjusts going a bit down automatically
  17. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Ok so you got pissed because you don't know how a system works? You made an assumption and when it came out wrong instead of thinking "oh I must've been wrong on how it worked" you thought "it must be wrong/broken!".

Anyway I've already explained how this system works about 50 times in multiple threads (including this one) so if you are interested you can go find 1 of the many explanations.
  18. rileydelete

rileydelete

Hello there. I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the private room "Showderp". It seems to be the hub or general meeting place for trolls, spammers, etc. I know 4chan members frequent there and even use the room to plan additional spam attacks. I know Showdown will never be 100% spam free, but maybe this action could help.

If this is an impossible task, I'm sorry for asking.
    Thanks for your time :)
    Muk, Morfent, Impractical and 12 others like this.
  19. Trax

Trax

Nice. Reminds me of the old battle.net chat interface...
  20. Magcargo

Magcargo Okay
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

For some reason, I can't create a new alt on PS!. When I try to create one, the Username box just disappears and nothing happens.
  21. Quilapras

Quilapras

On Chrome, when I go to showdown, it just shows up as this:
    http://imgur.com/kAlVrqp
    On Firefox showdown works, yet on chrome it doesnt.
    why?
  22. Blind5pot

Blind5pot

Hi, all.
    I'm curious as to how often the ladder is reset, and why is it reset at all?
    Why aren't we allowed to keep the points we've worked for like other games?

Thank you for your time. I hope to hear from someone soon.
  23. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

It's reset to allow older points from older metagames to not affect tiering of current metagames.
  24. Jack Rigby

Jack Rigby

I got banned for messing about with Kraex in the pokemon games chat how do I get unbanned...
  25. Subject 18

Subject 18 Peace.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

You can post a ban appeal in the discipline appeals subforum in the Pokemon Showdown forums. Then a mod will look over your appeal and decide if you should be unbanned or not.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)