Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to confess that i didn't tested it, but i highly doubt it switches the boosts to another stat.
I took an interest to Oobemu design-wise, and took a look at its movepool. I thought it would be intriguing if it could boost its lesser Defense in this way, however gimmicky and "Farfetch'd" it may seem.

EDIT: It learns Barrier via Egg Move anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
My next project is going to be Naive and Rash Zoroarks. I could get 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31 Zoroarks really easily using the seed/frames that I've been using. But I'm kind of thinking that HP Flying 70 (30 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 31) might be useful on it, seeing as its weaknesses are Bug and Fighting? Or should I just go for the easy seed/frame I've been using?

Anybody know where i can get some LEGIT calcs and different programs(for Platinum) that will run on my phone(.jar or .htm/x/l/etc. files needed)

Does the Abilities that have a impact in the Overworld work on White Forest?

Example: Does Static still raise the encounter of electric pokes within White Forest?

I have tried it myself but apparently it does not work, nevertheless, i would like to hear if anyone had sucess in this matter...
Repost.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Okay, I have just one question. It's almost impossible to find a decent blissey with wish (that isn't hacked). However, I'm sure that if we knew more about RNG at the time the event occurred, there would be more of them around. Also, seeing as how the mechanics for wish have changed this generation, I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot more blissey's around. Do you think that we should be more lenient towards people who are using hacked blisseys??

My opinion on blissey is this-We should allow hacked blisseys to be distributed on trade threads, but before they are placed on a persons trade thread, a moderator (or someone else who knows a lot about hacking) has to confirm that it is a legal hack. After this is done, the pokemon should be allowed to be distributed just like any other pokemon.

Finally, I know how strict smogon is about hacks, but seeing as how it is very unlikely there will be another event with wish chansey, I think we should make an exception this generation. Anyways, what do you guys think about this??
New Page

Flame (Shandera) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Incinerate

Can this be an effective revenge-killer? Should Overheat go over Incinerate?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Flame (Shandera) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Incinerate

Can this be an effective revenge-killer? Should Overheat go over Incinerate?
yes it can be a good revengekiller, but i really would change to overheat as it gets a lot of OHKOs and incinerates lackluster accuary is not something you want on something as frail as Shandera

yes it can be a good revengekiller, but i really would change to overheat as it gets a lot of OHKOs and incinerates lackluster accuary is not something you want on something as frail as Shandera
What about:

Voltage (Zapdos) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Change

Should I even use the Flying STAB?
Also, how should I EV a Bulk Up Gallade?

cosmetic question:
If you play Gen 5's Wii game and give Digglet a baloon, how will it look like?
Will we finally discover what the heck is under the little mole?

Of course, assuming some items will appear during the battle.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
What about:

Voltage (Zapdos) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Change

Should I even use the Flying STAB?
I know its up to preference, but i would really advise you to run U-Turn instead of Volt Change because Ground Types often are an inital switch in to Electric Types especially to choiced Electric types and in this case Volt Change often will cause a loss of momentum instead of gaining it this won`t happen with U-Turn and even if its lacking Damage your main goal with U-Turn should be getting momentum not dealing damage as you could use T-Bolt for that anyways.

Also especially offensive Zapdos versions face serious competition from Boroterusu (Electro genie) who got higher Speed and an arguably better special Move Pool.

Flying Stab often isn't needed as your only special option is Hidden Power and you don't get better coverage nor will you need that stab very often. HP Ice hits the very common Dragons that resist your other moves SE while Flying maybe hits Roobushin SE but i doubt it would KO while he would clearly KO back with Stone Edge.

tl;dr I would use Boroterusu and consider U-Turn over Volt Change on a Choiced Set and flying Stab isn't worth it.

@Pombo propably like this http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/129112905161123558.jpg
on a more serious note i doubt you will see items in the wii game as it would take away the suprise factor (though Pokemon with Choice Specs would look so hilarious it would be worth it)

Zoroark.
Every time I look at this guy, I love him more.
What would be a good Pokemon to have Zoroark be an illusion of? I mean, Illusion-ing as Blissey and prepping a Counter might be sick, but I'm just asking to get OHKO'd from a Fighter.
On a simpler note, what exactly does Brute Force do? Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but Bulbapedia's description of it seems to make no sense.

Zoroark.
Every time I look at this guy, I love him more.
What would be a good Pokemon to have Zoroark be an illusion of? I mean, Illusion-ing as Blissey and prepping a Counter might be sick, but I'm just asking to get OHKO'd from a Fighter.
On a simpler note, what exactly does Brute Force do? Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but Bulbapedia's description of it seems to make no sense.
Me, personally, I'm liking the idea of having Zoroark pose as a Weezing, and run a special attacking set including Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball and Flamethrower. Zoroark is immune to the one type Weezing's weak to, as well. Once the jig's up (I.E, your foe's Psychic attack doesn't affect "Weezing"), Nasty Plot up and sweep. Just my idea, based quite a bit on the fact that Weezing's my favorite Pokemon.

Also, Brute Force boosts the power of all attacks that have secondary effects, but prevents those secondary effects from occuring. For instance, a Hihidaruma's Flare Blitz would be boosted. It would still give recoil to Hihidaruma, but it can't burn the foe. Earthquake has no secondary effect, so no boost there. High critical hit ratios don't count as secondary effects, so stuff like Stone Edge and Cross Chop wouldn't get the boost. Effects on the user, such as Superpower's stat drops and Take Down's recoil damage, also don't count as secondary effects. Flare Blitz's burn chance is the only thing allowing Brute Force to work on it. I'm not sure if this negates the speed increase from Nitro Charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)