Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I posted this in the V-Generate thread, but it's kinda dead now.

It seems to me that the only reason we can't use V-Generate on PO (dream world tier) is because, prior to the past few days or so, Victini learning the move was unconfirmed. Therefore, it was not included in victini's movepool when gen V was added to PO.

Victini obtains V-Generate when the next pokemon movie is released. It's been confirmed, so we should be able to use it in the dream world tier, just like unreleased abilities (Shadow tag shandera, Antagonist jalorda) and pokemon (Keldeo, genesect & meloetta.) PO just needs to be updated.

Or have I missed something?

i tried to faint reshiram in-game assuming that i could get it to spawn again by beating the E4. as some of you may know, when you faint it, it doesnt actually go anywhere. he stays there, ready for you to face it again.

is there a way for me to not capture it so that i can try to rng it at a later date? if not, does anyone have a link to a place that i can see english translations for natures and traits (im assuming there's something on smogon but i havent looked yet)? at the very least id like to SR for a decent one.

thanks.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Why is the Lightning Rod + Heatwave duo banned? i keep seeing it everywhere, and can't figure out why.
In Zapdos' case, lightning rod is a dream world ability and heatwave is a gen IV tutor move. Therefore, it is impossible to obtain a Zapdos that has both heatwave and lightning rod.

Edit: ninja'd

Er, sorry if this has been asked, but when a DW pokemon evolves, and its evolution doesn't have the same ability, what ability does the evolution have?

is there a way for me to not capture it so that i can try to rng it at a later date? if not, does anyone have a link to a place that i can see english translations for natures and traits (im assuming there's something on smogon but i havent looked yet)? at the very least id like to SR for a decent one.

thanks.
Serebii was claiming something from a strategy guide in Japan that if you filled your boxes (yes, all 24 of them) and had a full party, you wouldn't be able to catch it and could reset for shiny/stats at Dragon Spiral Tower.

Of course, nobody has the patience to catch 680+ Minezumi/Yooterii to test it, so...

Serebii was claiming something from a strategy guide in Japan that if you filled your boxes (yes, all 24 of them) and had a full party, you wouldn't be able to catch it and could reset for shiny/stats at Dragon Spiral Tower.

Of course, nobody has the patience to catch 680+ Minezumi/Yooterii to test it, so...
I always figured it meant "filled"

You know, like how you have to "fill" your boxes to get the remaining boxes

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
No you have to capture Reshiram to proceed to continue in the game. You can't avoid it.
WRONG!!! You can avoid it IF you have full party and full boxes... Hope you like catching Pokemon >:D

(This was confirmed on Serebii

WRONG!!! You can avoid it IF you have full party and full boxes... Hope you like catching Pokemon >:D

(This was confirmed on Serebii
If this really works, then I can't imagine why anyone would go to this length rather than just RNG'ing Reshiram the first time round.

If you use bullet seed on a herbivore enemy, does its attack increase with each hit, or is it considered only one hit?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
If I make Politoed my Rain lead, what moves are to be used?
Also, how to EV Furiigio?
offensive of defensive version?

defensive usually goes best with 252 HP/252 SDef Calm and Boiling Water/Hypnosis/Ice beam/Haze(Perish Song)
He got some other options in Encore, Toxic etc. but it depends on your Team wich moves to use.
offensive is best with 252 Hp/ 252 SpA Modest Choice Specs with Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/ Focus Blast /HP Electric(Surf)

If you use bullet seed on a herbivore enemy, does its attack increase with each hit, or is it considered only one hit?
From the Research thread:
Multi-hit moves are treated as separate attacks, triggering some abilities multiple times. This includes recoil from Rough Skin\Iron Barbs\Rugged Helmet, Breakable Armor activation. However, if the ability makes the target immune to the attack, such as with Bullet Seed against Herbivore, the ability only activates once.
Basically you'd hit once, Herbivore would kick in, and then the attack would stop.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Okay, I have just one question. It's almost impossible to find a decent blissey with wish (that isn't hacked). However, I'm sure that if we knew more about RNG at the time the event occurred, there would be more of them around. Also, seeing as how the mechanics for wish have changed this generation, I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot more blissey's around. Do you think that we should be more lenient towards people who are using hacked blisseys??

My opinion on blissey is this-We should allow hacked blisseys to be distributed on trade threads, but before they are placed on a persons trade thread, a moderator (or someone else who knows a lot about hacking) has to confirm that it is a legal hack. After this is done, the pokemon should be allowed to be distributed just like any other pokemon.

Finally, I know how strict smogon is about hacks, but seeing as how it is very unlikely there will be another event with wish chansey, I think we should make an exception this generation. Anyways, what do you guys think about this??

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I posted this in the V-Generate thread, but it's kinda dead now.

It seems to me that the only reason we can't use V-Generate on PO (dream world tier) is because, prior to the past few days or so, Victini learning the move was unconfirmed. Therefore, it was not included in victini's movepool when gen V was added to PO.

Victini obtains V-Generate when the next pokemon movie is released. It's been confirmed, so we should be able to use it in the dream world tier, just like unreleased abilities (Shadow tag shandera, Antagonist jalorda) and pokemon (Keldeo, genesect & meloetta.) PO just needs to be updated.

Or have I missed something?
Could someone answer this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)