Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have fallen behind in the Generation V metagame, so a quick question: What are some common leads/anti-leads to expect and what are some common sweepers? I know to expect Roobushin, Randorosu, Erufuun, Nattorei and Shandera, but anything else to really watch out for?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I have fallen behind in the Generation V metagame, so a quick question: What are some common leads/anti-leads to expect and what are some common sweepers? I know to expect Roobushin, Randorosu, Erufuun, Nattorei and Shandera, but anything else to really watch out for?
http://91.121.73.228/Wifi/index.html

http://91.121.73.228/Dream World/index.html

i would like to give you some more information, but this is simple question/answer thread and it would take too long to explain everything and this should help you alot anyways^^

if your playing on the smogon server watch out for Darkrai/Skymin/Deoxys since they aren't banned (yet?) there and Inconsistent users (Octillery and Bibarel) are hugely hyped/hated atm, because their ability bypasses Evasion Clause and can be impossible to stop if the user got a little luck.

looking to get someone to trade with to evolve my dotekkotsu. ill help you in a similar fashion by trading to evolve or doing an IV battle or something. i have black so i can trade a monmen or gothimu as well.

hi. I'm making a stall/scout team using the ability Regeneration, and I was wondering some pokemon that take full advantage of wish support...

if your playing on the smogon server watch out for Darkrai/Skymin/Deoxys since they aren't banned (yet?) there and Inconsistent users (Octillery and Bibarel) are hugely hyped/hated atm, because their ability bypasses Evasion Clause and can be impossible to stop if the user got a little luck.
Thanks I appreciate it, but you could you at least give me a brief in-look, or PM me a longer one, of what leads are common/recommended? I've been watching battles on the smogon servers but Ive yet to find out what leads are common (the combatants are usually to their third Pokemon by the time I enter the battle)

Ive got a general idea on what Pokes to expect, not so much leads :/

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Has anyone had a problem on the Smogon Server of PO where their rank is negative one out of some number between zero and twenty? And I know this should be in the simulator forum, but no one is answering it there.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
So then how does the ladder (I can see people on it who do have a rating) and the requirements to vote in the suspect nominations work?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Thanks I appreciate it, but you could you at least give me a brief in-look, or PM me a longer one, of what leads are common/recommended? I've been watching battles on the smogon servers but Ive yet to find out what leads are common (the combatants are usually to their third Pokemon by the time I enter the battle)

Ive got a general idea on what Pokes to expect, not so much leads :/
well IMO the Suicide lead Concept died with Team Preview and if you see one it will be Deo-S/A(only on the smogon server) since they are pretty much the best options for this Job. Other Leads are usually Weather introducers and most likely Hippo/TTar cause of their ability to set up SR and being slower than the other weather leads. Machamp still works, but because of Team Preview its not as easy for him as it was in Gen 4. Nattorei/Forry/Skarmory all work as leads for their Ability to set up multiple hazards and general bulk/good typing. Heatran/Azelf/Aero are almost non existant as a lead since Heatran works better midgame with a Baloon and Azelf/Aero are outclassed by Deo-S and the Explosion nerf. Speed Boost Blaziken can work as a Lead in DW metagame, but in WiFi he lacks Baton Pass to pass his boost to ther sweepers (and hopefully never gets it). Magic Mirror Espeon isn't a Lead itself, but coupled with a fast U-Turner (like Kojondo,Sazandora, Randorusu) he can bounce back the entry hazards you want to set-up so be aware of it, because this strategy is easy to use and works good on the ladder if ppl pay less attention. Erufuun and the Electro Genie both work thanks to acces to priority Taunt and U-Turn. Everything with Sturdy and a Custap berry can work to Gigaisu being the most prominent one working in a similar fashion like Metagross last Gen but with a built in Focus Sash.
General Lead tips are that you shouldn't set your Lead to the first position to trick you opponent into a misprediction. Also even more than last Gen its important to have a Pokemon that works good with your lead Pokemon to handle other Leads or maybe have a fast U-Turner to get a good Lead match up.
However due to team Preview leading got a little more complex and i from my feeling i use my intended lead only about 50% of the time when i seee that it got a good mtch up against like 3 or 4 Pokemon on my opponents Team (depending on how much the team needs the hazards/weather my lead can set up). in the end due to the extreme popular weather teams you can expect the Weather starter to lead (still don't lead with Politoed if your opponent will lead with Hippo/TTar just switch it in the turn after to get your weather up ).

question time: can a pokemon with no guard, i.e. machamp, use moves like protect continuously without failing?

just wondering, since it would be nice if machamp got a reliable recovery option

i tried searching on google but couldn't find an answer, so i thought i'd ask here..

BurningMan

fueled by beer
question time: can a pokemon with no guard, i.e. machamp, use moves like protect continuously without failing?

just wondering, since it would be nice if machamp got a reliable recovery option

i tried searching on google but couldn't find an answer, so i thought i'd ask here..
no noguard only works for attacking moves/Moves that hit a target (like stat drops etc.)

Can Metronome bring up V-Generate?
I suppose the same could also be asked of Ancient Song and Sword of Mystery.

I'm guessing however the game handled Volt Tackle and the elemental hyper beams in gen 3 would be a good guessing point

Does anyone happen to know what happens if you use Doom Desire with an LO Jirachi and switch out? I mean, do you take LO damage or not and will the move be boosted by LO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)