Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Will Infernape stay OU in gen 5? Did it fell from grace?
As it looks now he will likely be UU since most PPL prefer Speed Boost Blaziken for Wall Breaking due to higher offenses.
Infernape still makes a good Suicide Lead though thanks to acces to SR and Fake Out and U-Turn and can decently work as a Scarfer for general revenge killing and he is still one of the fastest U-Turners around.

However never say never so he might get a comeback if the metagame shifts wich is likely since there will propably be some bans.

Is there a guide anywhere I could use for some ideas as to a Blizzard Spam team for doubles, or maybe some old RMTs (besides UU BlizzSpam by WhiteQueen)? If not, what are some good candidates for this type of team?

Kyurem has base 130 Special Attack and STAB on Blizzard. I've heard slapping a Scarf on it does all kind of damage on Hail teams in Singles. I don't think Choice items are as viable in Doubles but since nothing is immune to Ice it may be worth a shot.

I hear Blizzard Spam is more viable in doubles, as it hits both opponetents twice a turn, assuming both are using Blizzard. Is there an authority on this style of play?

What Infernape sets still work? Is Infernape really not good anymore? If I run a lead set, how should I EV it, now that it ties with Kerudio?

Also, must Shadow Tag Shandera hold a Choice Scarf?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you are running a traditional set and you want to tie with Kerudio you could change the nature to Adamant, Fire Blast to Flare Blitz and the EV spread to Max Atk/Spd so as not to sacrifice the power llost by maxing speed.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
If you are running a traditional set and you want to tie with Kerudio you could change the nature to Adamant, Fire Blast to Flare Blitz and the EV spread to Max Atk/Spd so as not to sacrifice the power llost by maxing speed.

Actually i would always use a +Spe Nature since outspeeding/tieing with the new legends can be game saving and Infernapes Stabs are SE against all but Kerudio.

Also, must Shadow Tag Shandera hold a Choice Scarf?
It doesn't have to although if you are using it to revenge things then it does. If your using it to set up on choiced moves its immune to, or stuff like Blissey that can't hurt it then your best using another move like leftovers or Lum Berry.

ok i want to build a team and i want to build it around robooshin(yea is cheap so what?) but i want to know what are his common counter and what are good partners for him?

Rankurusu is probably the best counter to Roobushin right now. It can OHKO with STAB Psychic. Takes laughable damage from Fighting attacks and it is actually slower than Roobushin so Payback doesn't bother it.
Tyranitar seems like it would be a good partner since it can easily take out Psychic types and Ghost types such as Shandera that give Roobushin a hard time.

It doesn't have to although if you are using it to revenge things then it does. If your using it to set up on choiced moves its immune to, or stuff like Blissey that can't hurt it then your best using another move like leftovers or Lum Berry.
What moves should a Scarf Shandera carry?

I was thinking of ordering a Japanese version, but I can't read the language at all. How easy would it be to be able to get through the game blind? And also, will Japanese games work in an English DSi?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I was thinking of ordering a Japanese version, but I can't read the language at all. How easy would it be to be able to get through the game blind? And also, will Japanese games work in an English DSi?
Pretty easy i can't read Japanese too and played through the whole game easily and if you are stuck there are a lot of walkthroughs that can help you, but i think you could just wait till the game gets released in america during spring.

1) Pretty easy - there's good walkthroughs out there.

2) No.

I'm sorry guys, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but I wasn't really sure where else it would belong either...

1. I saw a mention somewhere that Custap Berry was "unreleased" and therefore unusable in the competitive metagame. Is this true? Furthermore... when would/how this Berry be released? And also, what other Berries (or Held Items in general) are in the same situation as Custap Berry?

2. Are ALL Pokemon legal to use (in their respective tiers) in the competitive meta? I hear Pokemon such as Keruido, Meloetta, Genesect are only released through events and thus are not playable yet. Is this true? And if so, are there other such Pokemon?

I apologize if this is in the wrong place... and thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to help :)

Another quick question: If I'm playing through a flashcart, can I still access the Dream World and do things like battling over Wi-Fi?

what set is better Bulk up zurusukin or DD set?
Definitely the Bulk Up set. Zuruzukin is very slow, even after +1. It's best to abuse its great bulk with BU, Shed Skin is my ability of choice also since it makes it much harder to take down through passive damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)