Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Out of curiousity, instead of doing a complex ban that is obviously confusing a lot of people, why didn't we just ban drizzle in OU??
Blah blah rain stall diverse playstyles. Basically the voters decided that the benefits Drizzle provided to the metagame without Swift Swim made it worth keeping.

can someone please help me with IVs?

I'm playing with Trick Room, and I need my pokemon to have Hidden Power Fire. Provided that the Speed IV must remain 0, what is the most efficient IV spread I could use to get full (or near full) powered HP? Thanks ahead!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
31/30/31/30/31/2 or 31/30/31/30/31/0, which gives a slightly lower base power for Hidden Power (64). They are ordered HP/Att/Def/SpA/SpDef/Spe

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does a Tricked away item come back if it switches out and back in, after the Tricker was defeated?
Trick is permanent.

The exception is if you're playing on a cartridge and doing multiplayer/Battle Subway/etc., in which case it returns at the end of the battle (in the same way that consumable items are returned), but is still permanent for the duration of the battle.

okay so i heard that black and white no longer give you the option to round your pokemon up to level 100 when battling other people but i also heard that there is a level 50 cap on battles. Does this mean that you can't use pokemon over level 50 when battling your friends or does it round all pokemon up/down to level 50 when you battle?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
okay so i heard that black and white no longer give you the option to round your pokemon up to level 100 when battling other people but i also heard that there is a level 50 cap on battles. Does this mean that you can't use pokemon over level 50 when battling your friends or does it round all pokemon up/down to level 50 when you battle?
Any Pokemon over Lv50 will be rounded down to Lv50 for the battle, those under Lv50 will stay at their current Level.

Outside of battling and trading, what other ways are there in B/W to interact with other people/games? i.e. R/S/E Secret Bases, Sinnoh Underground, PokéBlock Blending, Berry Crush, Poffin Cooking, Contests, Super Contests, Pokéathlon, Sevii Island minigames, G/S/C Mystery Gift, PokéWalker's "Connect" feature, etc.

31/30/31/30/31/2 or 31/30/31/30/31/0, which gives a slightly lower base power for Hidden Power (64). They are ordered HP/Att/Def/SpA/SpDef/Spe
Thank you so much for this! ^^
I was hoping that it would not affect my SpA, and that the base power would be 65 - 70. But i guess it's just not possible? If so, then I'll have to deal with it then.

If I run leadMamo with SR/EQ/Ice Shard, what should be the last move-SE or Icicle Drop?
Icicle Drop, the only thing you'll be missing out on is Gyarados. Unless Drop+SR is illegal.

Does PO not have mail as a holdable item? Because Trick-immune Reuniclus seems legit enough to take for a spin.

The exact same way as Pal Park.
So, Pokemon sent via shifter will not change anything. At all. Unless they evolve, that is. They have a 50/50 chance of changing their abilty after evolution.
So can you soft reset and evolve it again if the ability changes to the wrong one?

Also, would I get completely flamed for using a non Drizzle Politoed in UU or even NU? I mean apart from Scald, Drizzle is it's only real improvement(I think) so with all the new shit running around I'd expect it to be around the same level as in 4th gen without it.

So can you soft reset and evolve it again if the ability changes to the wrong one?

Also, would I get completely flamed for using a non Drizzle Politoed in UU or even NU? I mean apart from Scald, Drizzle is it's only real improvement(I think) so with all the new shit running around I'd expect it to be around the same level as in 4th gen without it.
I'm not sure but I think it's determined by the OT's secret ID, so after you send it over it'd always evolve the same way.

Politoed was excellent in NU last gen, but it is by no means good in terms of PO's UU tier currently. Milotic amongst other things pretty much completely outclass it, sadly. Their UU has a lot more power in it that UU did last gen. I'm also fairly sure Politoed itself is OU on PO, so you wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

I'm not sure but I think it's determined by the OT's secret ID, so after you send it over it'd always evolve the same way.

Politoed was excellent in NU last gen, but it is by no means good in terms of PO's UU tier currently. Milotic amongst other things pretty much completely outclass it, sadly. Their UU has a lot more power in it that UU did last gen. I'm also fairly sure Politoed itself is OU on PO, so you wouldn't be able to use it anyway.
Sooo, outside of PO it'd still be ok to use it in the lower tiers without Drizzle? It's just that it's one of my fav pokes and I wouldn't want the two Politoeds I bred and trained to go to total waste. xP

Any Pokemon over Lv50 will be rounded down to Lv50 for the battle, those under Lv50 will stay at their current Level.
Thank. God. Yes. I thought I was gonna have to train them all up to lv 100.>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)