Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
K, I got two.

1) I have a Macbook Pro as my laptop, and I have PO on it. The newest version. However, for some reason, I can't seem to get more than 1 or 2 battles done before I DC. I never remember having this problem before the server went down for a week. I did a virus check on my computer, and it's clean. I know for a fact that it's not my internet connection. Does anyone know why I'm constantly DC'ing, or how to fix it?

2) I also have the newest version of PO on my family's iMac, a "home computer". You know, like, a non-laptop computer. I can build a team on it, but then I go to connect to the SU server, and I can't. I can't connect to any server. It doesn't say "Host has removed the connection" or whatever. It just doesn't do anything when I try to go into a server. It stays on the server selection screen. It's as if I'm not clicking on the button. It's as if my mouse doesn't work, although I know that my mouse does work. I tried using the Return and Enter buttons on my keyboard; nothing. Does anyone know how I can get the computer to enter a server?

It's ironic, because the laptop can enter just fine. It just can't stay connected.
Anyway, I finally made a really good team last week. I typically make mediocre teams, and that's why it's so frustrating. I'm finally capable of winning my way up the ladder, but these problems prevent me from doing so. If the kind people of Smogon would help me out here, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks!

ok, im ticked. ive ran route 8 several times and havnt found facade. is it winter only? or is serebii wrong? even youtube has yielded me nothin. >:( anyone have any directions?

Hello all! New here, and I have a question. I've been doing searches for awhile now, but I'm either searching with the wrong words, or I genuinely can't find the answer to my question.

I have the Japanese guidebook that includes the Hoenn Starters password for the Dream World. How can I utilize this code in the United States? Will I need to use the password on a Japanese Global Link account, or can I use it on a U.S. account? Once the code is used, can I get the Pokemon on a U.S. version of the game, or will I need a Japanese version of the game?

Basically, my goal is to get the Dream World starter onto my U.S. version of Black. I am new to Black as a whole, so I know little about the Dream World stuff, and how it works. Any help is much appreciated!

Hello all! New here, and I have a question. I've been doing searches for awhile now, but I'm either searching with the wrong words, or I genuinely can't find the answer to my question.

I have the Japanese guidebook that includes the Hoenn Starters password for the Dream World. How can I utilize this code in the United States? Will I need to use the password on a Japanese Global Link account, or can I use it on a U.S. account? Once the code is used, can I get the Pokemon on a U.S. version of the game, or will I need a Japanese version of the game?

Basically, my goal is to get the Dream World starter onto my U.S. version of Black. I am new to Black as a whole, so I know little about the Dream World stuff, and how it works. Any help is much appreciated!
you have to wait. eventually it will say something about starters in the dreamworld. like with the eeveelutions, munna skin, and pikachu skin. also, what is the pikachu password?

you have to wait. eventually it will say something about starters in the dreamworld. like with the eeveelutions, munna skin, and pikachu skin. also, what is the pikachu password?
What exactly do I have to wait for? What will say something about the starters in the Dream World? Like I said, I am entirely new to all this, so I have no prior knowledge of any functions, etc.

What exactly do I have to wait for? What will say something about the starters in the Dream World? Like I said, I am entirely new to all this, so I have no prior knowledge of any functions, etc.
ok, on the main page to the bottom left, it has all sorts of bars. right now they are:

decorate your c gear with pikachu
site maintenance on july 12th

your waiting for something on there like

befriend a starter pokemon

I have a few questions about the Dream World...

I've read that you get some points (20 I believe) every time you log into the PGL. Can I just keep logging in and out over and over again to quickly get points, or are the points only available once per day or something?

Also, if my computer freezes while playing and has to be restarted, if I log back in, will I have lost all Pokémon that I had available to pick from when I make it to the tree? I assume the same answer would apply to items.

does Wonder Room swap the actual Def/SpD stats, or just boosts?

(I ask because my Wonder Roomed Blissey STILL took massive damage from physical attacks on PO)

I have a few questions about the Dream World...

I've read that you get some points (20 I believe) every time you log into the PGL. Can I just keep logging in and out over and over again to quickly get points, or are the points only available once per day or something?

Also, if my computer freezes while playing and has to be restarted, if I log back in, will I have lost all Pokémon that I had available to pick from when I make it to the tree? I assume the same answer would apply to items.
It's 50 points for every time you log in, once a day, only if you actually go in the dream world. That basically means you can't log in and out and expect to gain a lot of points.

You won't lose your pokemon or items if you need to restart your computer.

I'm going to need some help setting up an Ad-hoc network to connect my DSi to wifi if that is even possible. VM me at some point if you can hep, I won't be on again tonight but I will tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

I'm EV training a Timid Volcarona and I'm going with a special sweeper set. I'm wanting to give it HP Ground 70 but I know using an IV spread of every stat being a flawless 31 except the useless Attack stat for this moveset is impossible as that would give me either HP Dragon or Dark, not Ground.

I was told the best spread to use is 31/x/31/30/30/31 because Volcarona would only lose 1 Special Attack IV and 1 Special Defense IV and it wouldn't lose a Speed IV, thus letting me train it up to the max Speed for a benefitting nature. Is this correct? Does losing the 1 Special Attack IV and 1 Special Defense IV make too much of a difference or is making sure I have the 31 Speed IV more important?

In other words, is the 31/x/31/30/30/31 IV spread the absolute best one to use for a Timid Volcarona with HP Ground 70?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)