Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you play with Dream World abilities outside of Dream World i.e. in the D.S. and will their likely be a Dream World clause for Shoddy/Pokemon Online.

Already asked and the answer is never. Shoddy's successor will eventually get Generation V but that depends on both the programmers' time and how quickly research gets down so we can put in the attacks, abilities, Pokemon, and formulae accurately.
Addendum: It is looking like Pokemon Online should have Gen 5 up in just a few weeks.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can you play with Dream World abilities outside of Dream World i.e. in the D.S. and will their likely be a Dream World clause for Shoddy/Pokemon Online.
You catch the Pokemon outside Dream World after encountering and befriending them there. So yes, you'd use them in your DS game. And of course there won't be a "Dream World" clause on any battle simulators. This is one of the most interesting things to happen IMO as it has completely changed many of our old favourite Pokemon. There's no reason to ban them from play whatsoever.

You catch the Pokemon outside Dream World after encountering and befriending them there. So yes, you'd use them in your DS game. And of course there won't be a "Dream World" clause on any battle simulators. This is one of the most interesting things to happen IMO as it has completely changed many of our old favourite Pokemon. There's no reason to ban them from play whatsoever.
Please allow me to rephrase that . Will you use the Pokemon with their Dream World abilities in the DS games or will it revert back to its original abilities upon reentering the DS game from the computer.

Is smogon gonna start caring at all about any form of battling outside of singles? Doubles has been around for quite a while and now they have triples. Doubles play is significantly different than singles, as I'm sure triples will be. If not, can anyone direct me to a site that covers more than a third of the available competitive game play? Also there is no excuse to hate all over dragons like garchomp and salamence or even latias anymore, so they are comin back right?

Is smogon gonna start caring at all about any form of battling outside of singles? Doubles has been around for quite a while and now they have triples. Doubles play is significantly different than singles, as I'm sure triples will be. If not, can anyone direct me to a site that covers more than a third of the available competitive game play? Also there is no excuse to hate all over dragons like garchomp and salamence or even latias anymore, so they are comin back right?
Not too sure about the dragons but I think i might be a good idea to unban pretty much everything and test them out (though I am sure there are obvious ubers such as the weather trios and what not). As for the other forms of battling, Shoddy 2 will have doubles (not sure about triples). I will send you a link to the other site that covers those battling.

Who said you're banned from discussing doubles or triples play? If you want, start a doubles discussion thread. And nobody was "hating" on dragons, they were banned to ubers by players far more experienced in the metagame than yourself, after months of testing.
He wasn't trying to criticize smogon for banning the mentioned dragons.
No need to bash him.

Who said you're banned from discussing doubles or triples play? If you want, start a doubles discussion thread. And nobody was "hating" on dragons, they were banned to ubers by players far more experienced in the metagame than yourself, after months of testing.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
VGC which has traditionally been doubles and might be triples in the upcoming season is now considered an official metagame at Smogon. You won't be seeing as much on it until the new rules are announced though as The Pokemon Company controls the metagame. We have a VGC forum and Shoddy Battle's successor will have a VGC ladder. There's already a topic concerning multi-battles in this very subforum and there's a VGC subforum as well. You should look around the site a bit.

As far as tiers go, this is a brand new metagame. Read the Policy Review forum. Salamence and Garchomp are not banned. We are in Generation V now, not IV.

Blumey said:
Please allow me to rephrase that . Will you use the Pokemon with their Dream World abilities in the DS games or will it revert back to its original abilities upon reentering the DS game from the computer.
Like I said, you catch these Pokemon in your actual game in Isshu. They will have those abilities.

Firestorm

I mean to say that smogon doesn't offer proper doubles analysis. and thank u lordkira.
If you mean individual Pokemon, then the chances of that happening are low. The main doubles metagame is VGC which has different rules every year. It's also very competitive with many people not willing to give up their strategies until they put them into play at the events due to the prizes at stake.

If you'd like to develop content for it, you are free to write it up and post it in the VGC C&C board. However, with doubles, it's more about how Pokemon work with one another rather than individual analyses like in Singles.

It says on the main page at pokebeach.com that you are given whichever elemental monkey your starter is strong against. Does this mean that you can't find the other two in the wild? I was hoping to have the fire starter and the water monkey on my team, but if I can't make it happen I'll have to settle for Basurao or something.

OK so Game Freak figured out that they made this gen.s pokemon way to powerful so the decided to give out super-powerful abilities to all previous pokemon if you caught them in Isshu which will likely be made possible by event. And they also gave some of the fifth gen.s some to but they are generally not as favorable. Si?

It says on the main page at pokebeach.com that you are given whichever elemental monkey your starter is strong against. Does this mean that you can't find the other two in the wild? I was hoping to have the fire starter and the water monkey on my team, but if I can't make it happen I'll have to settle for Basurao or something.
I believe this refers to the fact that you be given the elemental monkey that you're starter is good against to face in the first gym.

Sorry for double posting.

I believe this refers to the fact that you be given the elemental monkey that you're starter is good against to face in the first gym.

Sorry for double posting.
From what I see, you're given the monkey after defeating the first gym. So that can't be it. And I think they gave old pokemon new abilities so that they could cause as much change to the metagame as possible without changing the base stats of old pokemon.

Is Cute Charm viable on Milotic at all? I know it's a silly question with Marvel Scale at such a high, but I suspect with Rain Dance + Hydration running rampant, people will be carrying less status. Milotic could run Surf + Ice Beam + Refresh + Recover with Cute Charm, no?

Is Cute Charm viable on Milotic at all? I know it's a silly question with Marvel Scale at such a high, but I suspect with Rain Dance + Hydration running rampant, people will be carrying less status. Milotic could run Surf + Ice Beam + Refresh + Recover with Cute Charm, no?
That decision is entirely up to you, but just make sure it's a female Milotic. Rain isn't going to be the only weather running around rampant though, there will be Drought and Sandstorm up for stiff competition, as well as some occasional Hail weather.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
In the Pokemon B/W Pokedex on Serebii, this is what it states for the Ability - Pickup: Pickup: Has a 10% chance of finding and holding an item after battle. Will not work if this Pokémon is already holding an item.
Well, I've been noticing that Youteri has been getting an item when the opponent uses it, and it's the same item the foe just consumed. I wanted to know if I was seeing things.

From what I see, you're given the monkey after defeating the first gym. So that can't be it. And I think they gave old pokemon new abilities so that they could cause as much change to the metagame as possible without changing the base stats of old pokemon.
You can get it before the first gym and it will always be the one your starter is strong against. So far its unknown if you can get the other two in the wild at any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)