Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[I'm running Claw Sharpen (Is it a TM? Sorry if it sounds ridiculous, but I haven't looked into it)/Earthquake/Fire Fang/Dragon Rush (for consistent move changes and coverage, with Claw Sharpen to back it up).]
Dragon Claw + Swords Dance will hit harder than Dragon Rush + Claw Sharpen, and benefit your other attacks more.

Is Salamence as strong in this Gen as he was in the last?

Yes, but he has a lot of things that have him opposed him since it's "5th Gen wall destructioness." This includes things like Scarfed Eccentric Ditto, Terakion, Nattorei (bar Fire Blast), DD Ononokusu, Sazandora, Roobushin, etc. He did get a great ability in Overconfidence. Invest in Max Speed with Jolly/Naive and proceed to rack up KOs for the sweep.

Reposting since I need the help.

1)Where can I find the tm for Swords Dance in B/W? I need it for Cacturne, but I am not going to be able to get it in Platinum.

2)Is there any change to Garchomp's familie's level up move-pool? I'm going to try to breed a nice one with 31 Atk and 31 Spe with the power items, then ev train, but I wanted to make sure nothing would be necessary in 5th Gen [I'm running Claw Sharpen (Is it a TM? Sorry if it sounds ridiculous, but I haven't looked into it)/Earthquake/Fire Fang/Dragon Rush (for consistent move changes and coverage, with Claw Sharpen to back it up).]

3)Similar to the above, are there any changes for Skarmory and Cacturne's (I know it loses Drain Punch) movepools that would effect me raising them in 4th Gen?

You get Swords Dance TM from a Sage. I'm pretty sure is from the one in the Dream Lot, but you can bulbapedia > TM75. :3
As for the movepools, Ill check those out, hold on.

Upon level up, Garchomp does not miss any level up moves. He does however lose some TMs and Move Tutors that are exclusive to Gen IV, such as Aqua Tail.
Same goes for Cacturne (Drain Punch is Gen IV only) and Skarm, according to serebii.

Hmm, actually, I think I'm against Toxic Spikes because they conflict with boiling water and sleep powder and toxic. Hmm, maybe Ferrothorn could work here. I should also note that this is by no means a sunny day team--I wouldn't be using a water type if it were.

Lilligant/Doredia-Butterfly Dance
Chandelure/Shandera-Choice Scarf
Ferrothorn/Nattorei-Spikes
Milotic- Bulky Water

This group of Pokemon actually have a hefty set of resistances between them. Now, does anybody have advice for a physical sweeper (not weak to fire, so no Lucario or Scizor) and a Stealth Rock setter (perhaps Garcomp)? Maybe a lead?
Trying to make a bulky offense team with Spikes and Stealth Rock. I need a lead, a physical sweeper, a stealth rock setter, and a phazer in these last two slots.

Yes, it is possible to breed Overconfidence and DD on Salamence. The mother should have Overconfidence as her ability and the father should know DD.((or it may be the other way round lol)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
What happens if a Ditto with Eccentric breeds with a Male? How about a Female? Is it just that the offspring has a normal ability?

Are there any Salamence analyses that have a DD set? The only Salamence page I see just has one Mixed set.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85246

There you go. DD Salamence is generally the same as last gen. A more fighting-centric and less Stealth Rock reliant metagame are both good for it, but the popularity of 101+ Speed Scarfers hurts its viability somewhat (Terakion, Garchomp, Latios, Latias, Landorus), and the speed of some weather sweepers does the same, as it is a very weather based metagame (Excadrill, Venusaur).

Setting it up can be difficult, but the rewards are often well worth it.

You can only get Dream World abilities through the Dream World, so the other abilities will be determined the same way as they were in Gen IV.
But what about breeding? You can get DW abilities by breeding too? Or am I wrong?

Some questions;

I have read that we can use the Rotoms forms over WiFi, but what about the other forms? Like Giratina-Origin and Shaymin-Sky?

And do we know how the abilities are calculated from the PID? So I can determine if my Emerald bred stuff will have to evolve before sending them over...

And if I send a Pal Parked Latios (In D/P/Pt/HG/SS, it says Arrived from Hoenn) what will the location be when I send it to B/W? Will it still be Arrived from Hoenn?

I'm currently SR a Mewtwo.. Should it be Timid and Have high IVs in Speed and Sp Atk?

I'll work on move sets in a few months.

I will be restarting the game in a few in the next 24 hours anyway.

What item is better on leadGross-Balloon or Occa Berry?
Dedicated leads are kind of out this gen given the choice of team preview. You'd probably be better off just running Leftovers. If you must, though, pick Balloon, as it is a full immunity to ground moves and various attackers (SpecsTran, LODarmanitan) can KO through the berry, I believe.

I'm currently SR a Mewtwo.. Should it be Timid and Have high IVs in Speed and Sp Atk?
Virtually all Mewtwo sets run Timid, so yes.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I have read that we can use the Rotoms forms over WiFi, but what about the other forms? Like Giratina-Origin and Shaymin-Sky?
Yes

And if I send a Pal Parked Latios (In D/P/Pt/HG/SS, it says Arrived from Hoenn) what will the location be when I send it to B/W? Will it still be Arrived from Hoenn?
Pretty sure it's still Hoenn

I'll work on move sets in a few months.

I will be restarting the game in a few in the next 24 hours anyway.
#150 Mewtwo [Docile]
IVs: 17 / 16, 17 / 9 / 27 / 29 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.70: 240|0 / 170|0 / 137|0 / 239|0 / 151|0 / 208|0

Neutral Nature- Keep or SR?

Seriously, where's the "banned from OU" list? Sure, the Suspect testing round 2 thread mentions some, the latest additions to it, but the base of the list is not there, nor in any sticky thread, and I don't think Arceus is allowed in OU even in the current state of testing.

Edit: Ok... I got my question answered and... found it was in the first page all along... sorry ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80940 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)