Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How can i get a sneasel with ice punch and pursuit in 5th gen?

If your answer is smeargle where do i find a pokemon that learns ice punch?
You don't have to post your question again right after another one is posted, but here's the answer:
Jynx in Giant Chasm.

I'm building up my in-game resources, deciding to leave my Ralts Synchronizers in Heartgold.

What is the best Synchronizer to hunt for? By best I mean most abundant to find.

I'm building up my in-game resources, deciding to leave my Ralts Synchronizers in Heartgold.

What is the best Synchronizer to hunt for? By best I mean most abundant to find.
The best pokes (and I think the only, bar evo's) are Munna and Elygem. Munna is found in the Dreamyard, Elygem has 50% chance of appearance on the top floor of Celestial Tower

Does the masuda methode still work if I give a pokemon a everstone?
And if I for an example own a english edition and use a english snover and a japanese ditto?

I'm breeding a female DW poliwag with a timid ditto with an everstone.

I've gone through 2 boxes without a poliwag with Swift Swim. Am I doing something wrong?

Cover or Plume Fossil? Plume fossils fully evolved pokemon blows Aerodactyl out of the water (or sky), but his ability makes him terrible. Cover domes fully evolved pokemon seems balanced, but i rather have a kabutops for a rock/water type. He has a high defense and in OU it seems to be specials are used more making his high defense stat rather wasted. Should i risk the crappy ability of plume fossile, or go for cover fossile which may actually have a hidden niche?

I'm breeding a female DW poliwag with a timid ditto with an everstone.

I've gone through 2 boxes without a poliwag with Swift Swim. Am I doing something wrong?
Make sure the Poliwag isn't hacked, since one with the DW ability won't pass down the ability if the DW flag isn't checked as it should be.

Also, try using a male Poliwag instead of a Ditto.

Cover or Plume Fossil? Plume fossils fully evolved pokemon blows Aerodactyl out of the water (or sky), but his ability makes him terrible. Cover domes fully evolved pokemon seems balanced, but i rather have a kabutops for a rock/water type. He has a high defense and in OU it seems to be specials are used more making his high defense stat rather wasted. Should i risk the crappy ability of plume fossile, or go for cover fossile which may actually have a hidden niche?
Archeop's ability isn't bad in-game since you can always heal them. It'd struggle in OU though, with that SR weakness.

Carracosta is nice for the Shell Break, which is really nice. Not as good as other Shell Break users, but Shell Break is still Shell Break.

The two aren't particularily similar to Aero/Kabutops either in terms of what they do, so don't compare them that much either.

What about the solid rock ability Carracosta has? Decreases super effective damage by 1/4th. He seems to be a good standard wall to me. It's the poor special defense that makes me not want to use him as a wall. I refuse to use blissey. Too common of a wall. I want to have a unique wall on my team. right now i am using Steelix even though he is underused.

What about the solid rock ability Carracosta has? Decreases super effective damage by 1/4th. He seems to be a good standard wall to me. It's the poor special defense that makes me not want to use him as a wall. I refuse to use blissey. Too common of a wall. I want to have a unique wall on my team. right now i am using Steelix even though he is underused.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Spikes

Simple to use. Leech Seed on the first turn, then use Substitute. Next turn, use Protect, and you will have regained all of your HP via Leech Seed and Leftovers. It is great for stalling things out. It's also really fun to use on a Sandstorm team in a similar fashion to Stallrein.

Yeah i already was thinking of him. I have a team composed of mostly steel/rock types including tyranitar and a gengar to counter any fighting types. Along with a jolteon to counter water types. I've just been looking at all the new pokemon to see if there is one that doesn't have a fighting type weakness.

Also, you sure about the 252 defense EVs? Ferrothorn's biggest weakness is fire. Many fire moves are specials. Should i not worry about sp def?

Yeah i already was thinking of him. I have a team composed of mostly steel/rock types including tyranitar and a gengar to counter any fighting types. Along with a jolteon to counter water types. I've just been looking at all the new pokemon to see if there is one that doesn't have a fighting type weakness.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

He works great with Ferrothorn. Cursed Body is awesome, because it has a chance of disabling the opponent's move, which is always nice. It is also part Ghost, so it is immune to Fighting altogether. Definitely one to consider using even if you are using a Sandstorm team.

Hi I'm attempting to get a perfect IV'd Timid Gengar that will use HP Fire, so far my speed IV's are increasing (upper 20's) but every egg so far has horrid SpA IV's
....so should I risk switching to a nontimid gastly that has high SpA&Spe IV's and hope for a Timid nature later on or just wait the crap out until i get a random high SpA gastly? Thanks:)

Also, you sure about the 252 defense EVs? Ferrothorn's biggest weakness is fire. Many fire moves are specials. Should i not worry about sp def?
Why put Sp Def EVs if the Fire moves will kill you regardless? Better to buff it's strong points than waste the EVs where it won't make as big of a difference.

Also, Blissey is FAR less common this gen, and Ferrothorn is now the omnipresent wall.

Hi I'm attempting to get a perfect IV'd Timid Gengar that will use HP Fire, so far my speed IV's are increasing (upper 20's) but every egg so far has horrid SpA IV's
....so should I risk switching to a nontimid gastly that has high SpA&Spe IV's and hope for a Timid nature later on or just wait the crap out until i get a random high SpA gastly? Thanks:)
Just use Dittos with the appropriate IVs so you don't have to just randomly breed eggs. Check out Smogon's guide here to save you time: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part2#ditto_master_breeder

Dumb question maybe but here it goes:

If you have a Gligar w/ the DW ability 'Immunity' and evolve it...will Gliscor's ability be 'Poison Heal' automatically?

Dumb question maybe but here it goes:

If you have a Gligar w/ the DW ability 'Immunity' and evolve it...will Gliscor's ability be 'Poison Heal' automatically?
Yes, a pokemon with DW abilities will still have DW abilities when evolved ( if the evolved form HAS a DW ability).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)