Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to everyone who answered my question from earlier!

Another question: White Forest and Black City are beginning to confuse me. I'm trying to get Vincent and Shane to come over so that I may encounter Magby and Rhyhorn in my White version's White Forest, but...they simply won't come over. -_- When I Entralink over to Black City (while playing White version), I am able to communicate with them and everything, but they say stuff like "Oh, I wish I could go to White Forest." IIRC, Vincent says "I would be a good match for White Forest".

However, I'm able to get other people over. Off the top of my head, I've gotten the chick that lets you see Slakoth and the dude that lets you see Starly to come over, and at least three other people to come over. What gives?

And furthermore, what happens with all these people in my White Forest at once? Does that mean I'll end being able to see like seven different Pokemon and they all have really low encounter rates? I get the feeling that as long as the people are in my White Forest, I have to talk to them to "activate" their respective Pokemon (hope that makes sense). For example, if I want to see Slakoth, I have to talk to Lynette. But if I talk to the dude that allows me to see Starly, then I can no longer see Slakoth. Is that correct?

Is skymin banned at this point? Im too lazy too look to see if it is.

EDIT
What is generally the best Dragon / Steel combination at the moment?

There is only ONE pokemon of that type combination, that is dialga. So he is the best by default.

Hi everyone,
first i'm french so excuse my poor english lol
Well, i'm trying to organize a tournament IRL on pokémon B/W DS but i can't find the softwares which will help me to make it easier to schedule/make swiss rounds etc... So, if someone can help me and tell me where to find them, it would be very nice, thanks a lot.
And i'm sorry if i did not post my question in the right place.

Is there a list for the tiers in Gen 5? Or a list over what Pokemon is in what tier?

Ubers

Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Blaziken
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-N
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin-S
Arceus
Reshiram
Zekrom

OU
Venusaur
Ninetales
Machamp
Tentacruel
Cloyster
Gengar
Starmie
Gyarados
Vaporeon
Dragonite
Politoed
Forretress
Scizor
Skarmory
Porygon2
Blissey
Tyranitar
Swampert
Breloom
Salamence
Metagross
Latias
Latios
JirachiOU
Deoxys-S
Infernape
Bronzong
Garchomp
Lucario
Hippowdon
Toxicroak
Magnezone
Gliscor
Rotom-W
Heatran
Excadrill
Conkeldurr
Whimsicott
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Reuniclus
Jellicent
Ferrothorn
Chandelure
Haxorus
Mienshao
Hydreigon
Volcarona
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus

UU
Charizard
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Vulpix
Arcanine
Victreebel
Slowbro
Chansey
Jolteon
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Zapdos
Mew
Crobat
Xatu
Azumarill
Espeon
Heracross
Houndoom
Kingdra
Donphan
Hitmontop
Raikou
Suicune
Celebi
Flygon
Milotic
Dusclops
Registeel
Deoxys-D
Empoleon
Staraptor
Roserade
Ambipom
Mismagius
Spiritomb
Hippopotas
Abomasnow
Weavile
Tangrowth
Togekiss
Mamoswine
Froslass
Rotom-H
Azelf
Shaymin
Victini
Sigilyph
Zoroark
Sawsbuck
Escavalier
Bisharp
Cobalion
Kyurem

Everything else is RU. Sorry if I made any mistakes here.

He asked for a combination. I would say that the most common is Jirachi or Scizor with Garchomp or Latios.

And yes Shaymin-S is Uber

Thank you to everyone who answered my question from earlier!

Another question: White Forest and Black City are beginning to confuse me. I'm trying to get Vincent and Shane to come over so that I may encounter Magby and Rhyhorn in my White version's White Forest, but...they simply won't come over. -_- When I Entralink over to Black City (while playing White version), I am able to communicate with them and everything, but they say stuff like "Oh, I wish I could go to White Forest." IIRC, Vincent says "I would be a good match for White Forest".

However, I'm able to get other people over. Off the top of my head, I've gotten the chick that lets you see Slakoth and the dude that lets you see Starly to come over, and at least three other people to come over. What gives?

And furthermore, what happens with all these people in my White Forest at once? Does that mean I'll end being able to see like seven different Pokemon and they all have really low encounter rates? I get the feeling that as long as the people are in my White Forest, I have to talk to them to "activate" their respective Pokemon (hope that makes sense). For example, if I want to see Slakoth, I have to talk to Lynette. But if I talk to the dude that allows me to see Starly, then I can no longer see Slakoth. Is that correct?
I'm not sure if this is your problem, but you are only able to have up to 10 residents in White Forest at one time, which means you are only able to encounter up to 10 different Pokemon at any one time. If you do have 10 people already, you'll have to wait for some of them to leave before you can invite more.

He asked for a combination. I would say that the most common is Jirachi or Scizor with Garchomp or Latios.

And yes Shaymin-S is Uber
Thank you.

Is there any other opinions on this? Or is this generally considered the best/ most popular?
Just trying to build a new team and wanting to start of with a decent Dragon / Steel core.
Also, would it be ok to use something like Gliscor alongside Dragonite or Garchomp? Or is that too much of an Ice weakness?
Thanks!

I'm really sorry if this has already been answered.

Does anyone know when the 5th gen Pokemon analysis pages will be put on Smogon? If they already have been, can you send me a link? I want to start playing 5th gen, but without strategy pages I'm too afraid of messing everything up. I'd like a little guidance on the new metagame before making the jump from 4th gen.

Thanks! :)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm really sorry if this has already been answered.

Does anyone know when the 5th gen Pokemon analysis pages will be put on Smogon? If they already have been, can you send me a link? I want to start playing 5th gen, but without strategy pages I'm too afraid of messing everything up. I'd like a little guidance on the new metagame before making the jump from 4th gen.

Thanks! :)
Hey there! While they are not officially up yet, they are all being written about and debated in the OU Analysis forum of fifth generation. This topic specifically has an Index of every OU Pokemon that has an analysis in the works. How neat is that?

Okay so here is a question. I just started messing around with the whole Entralink and Black City stuff. I need to get the people with the evo stones. I connected to my brother's White game and brought ken to my Black City. Ken marks the first transfer between my brother and I. Hebrings my count up to 4 people residing my city. I cannot bring any more people over while connected to my brother's game and he has not yet and cannot bring any people from my Black City to his White Forest. The games won't allow us to. Does anyone have any advice or explanation as to why we can't transfer people over any more?

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but you are only able to have up to 10 residents in White Forest at one time, which means you are only able to encounter up to 10 different Pokemon at any one time. If you do have 10 people already, you'll have to wait for some of them to leave before you can invite more.
That can't be the problem. Shane and Vincent were the 3rd and 4th people I talked to, and neither of them gave me the opportunity to bring them to White Forest. When I moved on to other people, they asked if they could go to White Forest as well.

Either way, my Forest is probably full now. I think I will have to wait for people to leave, like you suggested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Do I increase the amount of grass in my White Forest by connecting to someone else's Entralink using my White Version? Or does the amount of grass increase when someone else conncets to my Entralink? I'm puzzled. ?_?

Is there a guide somewhere that lists what the hack-checks in random matchup wifi battles are? My pokemon are all legally obtained but ev's and iv's are done by hacks and it won't let me in.
If it helps, these are the pokemon i was bringing:

Murkrow - Eviolite - poke ball
Ability: Prankster
moves: Mirror move/Calm mind/Roost/Foul Play

Sawk - Choice Scarf - Quick Ball
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Poison Jab/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Close Combat

Aerodactyl - Focus Sash - Dream Ball
Ability: Unnerve
Moves: Stone Edge/Taunt/Earthquake/Stealth Rock (DW move)

Marowak - Thick Club - Quick Ball
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Double-Edge/Swords Dance/Stone Edge/Earthquake

Vaporeon - Leftovers - Poke Ball
Abilty: Water Absorb
Moves:Toxic/Protect/Scald/Wish

Jolteon - Air Balloon - Poke Ball
Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves: Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power/Thunder Wave

Thanks in advance

@wuzzywuz

If you edited the IVs in-game with an AR or something, the game won't let you play because their PID/IV combination isn't valid. You either need to make them from scratch, or catch them in-game and train.

I'm curious, has anyone tried breeding a DW Ditto (hacked, obviously) and seeing if it passes on it's DW ability to it's offspring? Pair it up with a male (or genderless, since IIRC they act as a male when breeding with a ditto) and see if the DW tag gets passed down... would be rather silly, if it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)