Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

That does happen sometimes. I'm not sure what the chance is, or whether it varies with ball or with HP or status of the legendary. It shouldn't happen every time though. Try throwing 20 more balls - if they all miss, then maybe something's weird.
I tried using 20+ ultra bals, along with a few pokeballs. I'm thinking its if they are a higher level then the pokemon you have out, you cant catch it.

In red and blue version, when I use dig on Venusaur, it's super effective. What I am curious of is this a glitch in the game, and does the game just think it's super effective, or did the typing not cancel out in Gen 1?

It SAYS it's SE, but that's a bug. What the screen says will depend on one of the types (not sure how it determines which). The damage will actually neutrally effective.

There should be a game shark code to either evolve the trade evolve pokemon or allow you to catch them in the wild.

I'm copying Red except I'm using the Johto equivalents of his pokemon. What is the Johto equivalent of Snorlax?

I was thinking in a UU team, and then I saw Machamp. But maybe Vaporeon there is not a counter to it, as everything that resist Submission and EQ is weak to RS. Is Machamp really an UU? I think it should be a BL...

A good electric type in 200 is kind of an oxymoron.

Magneton maybe, but it's difficult to use outside of taking down steels. (won't be seeing Forretress or Scizor, so he's limited to beating Skarmory only)

I'm not sure how good Manectric is.

For an electric type attack, I'd suggest using Starmie or something. I dunno.

Does anyone know if in XD Gale of Darkness, the legendary bird's IVs stay the same every time you battle them, or if they change after you beat them once?

Probably Sudowoodo for the way it blocks the paths in the same manner as snorlax. I'm also curious, what's replacing pikachu?
I'm using Ampharos, unless you have a better suggestion. :naughty:

Snorlax is the big, powerful, slow normal type - so the closest Johto counterpart is Ursaring I think.
Thank you for your prompt reply. If anyone want's to know my planned team just ask. :pimp:

Well given what you've said, I'm guessing it's Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Umbreon, and Ursaring.

No, but you said you were using the 'Johto equivalents' to Red's team. His Espeon is of course Johto itself, but Umbreon is the obvious 'counterpart'.

Snorlax is the big, powerful, slow normal type - so the closest Johto counterpart is Ursaring I think.
Or, in terms of Sp.Def, I'd say that Blissey comes in quite close as well. Granbull is another alternative if you're looking for decent Attack.

I have a vague idea for this, but what pokemon/items/moves are banned in Little Cup? Also, is it possible to EV train the babies in game?

I have a vague idea for this, but what pokemon/items/moves are banned in Little Cup? Also, is it possible to EV train the babies in game?
I'm no expert, but the item deep sea tooth is banned, and the moves sonicboom and dragon rage are banned. The pokemon are scyther, murcrow, sneasel, yanma, meditite, and tangela. In game, you can ev train them, by using 6 exp shares cutting down the EXP given, and pokerus, against low level pokemon, like bidoof and starly

In red and blue version, when I use dig on Venusaur, it's super effective. What I am curious of is this a glitch in the game, and does the game just think it's super effective, or did the typing not cancel out in Gen 1?
It SAYS it's SE, but that's a bug. What the screen says will depend on one of the types (not sure how it determines which). The damage will actually neutrally effective.
I think if the attacking move is SE against at least one of the defender's types, it gives the SE message.

Does this also occur in Yellow and/or Gen II?

Also, some moves in Gen I still give an SE/NVE message even though it doesn't actually double/halve the damage, like OHKO moves. Do any others moves do this?

Oh, also, I caught a Modest Latias just now, and I plan on using it in the Tower. I'm going to give it CM/BoltBeam/Recover, and it has the following IVs:

HP: 8-9
Att: 25-27
Def: 25-27
SpA: 20-22
SpD: 20-22
Spe: 0-2

It really sucks that its HP and speed are pitiful, but whatever, it'll work. My question is, what EV spread should I give it?

I'm not sure where to post this, but I have a suspicion that came up in conversation with a friend that I'm having trouble figuring out if it's true.
Basically, I was talking about how strange it was that all the Generation 1 and 2 legends have pressure as their ability, and, cynical bastard I am, I figured that might be because Game Freak didn't want to bother creating new abilities for Pokemon that weren't originally available in Ruby and Sapphire. So my question is, of the one hundred eighty something Pokemon not available in Ruby and Sapphire, do any of them possess an ability that a pokemon already in the hoenn dex doesn't already have?
For example, Dugtrio isn't originally in the Hoenn dex, but both of his abilities, Arena Trap and Sand Veil, are - Trapinch has Arena Trap, and Cacturne has Sand Veil. Is there any case where this isn't true?

Actually, Corsola has Hustle, the Marill family gets Huge Power, and Vulpix's line has flash fire. To be fair, Sandstream and Water Absorb are both exclusive to non-Hoenn dex Pokemon, but they are both variations of abilities already in the Hoenn dex (Drizzle/Drought and Volt Absorb). I'm sure there are a couple of others like that (Limber is the first to come to mind), so my question is a bit more complex - are there any abilities outside the Hoenn dex that aren't in any way related to ones already in it? For example, Ditto, Hitmonlee, and Persian all get Limber, and aren't anywhere in Hoenn, but Limber is basically Water Veil for Paralysis. On the other hand, Clefairy only has Cute Charm in Gen III, which is a fairly well-distributed ability, and gets the entirely unique Magic Guard in Gen IV.

On Emerald, when are your egg's IVs created? When you press 'Yes', or after you stop talking to the man (when you press A after he says 'Take good care of it')? I've had different sources say different things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)