Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

On pokemon channel, is it one jirachi per game Ruby/Sapphire cartridge or is it one jirachi allowed per game file? Meaning that if one restarts Pokemon Ruby, would they be able to download Jirachi from Channel with that cartridge?

This may sound like a stupid question, but how does the game calculate who goes first in a wild Pokemon battle in Emerald? It seems like answer should obviously be "whichever Pokemon has the higher speed," but when I was trying to catch a Rayquaza with a +Speed nature by seeing whether it went first against my own Pokemon. When I used something that had a lower speed than a +Speed nature Rayquaza with a pretty good IV (I don't remember what it was at the moment, it was a while ago), Rayquaza never went first unless it used Extremespeed. Then, when I finally gave up and used a Pokemon with a somewhat lower speed stat (but that required a pretty good IV from a neutral natured Rayquaza to be outsped), I found that ALL of the Rayquaza that outsped my Pokemon had a +Speed nature, and a higher Speed IV than would be necessary to outspeed my Pokemon if the Rayquaza had had a neutral nature (so if a 20 or higher IV neutral natured Rayquaza was required to outspeed my Pokemon, every Rayquaza I caught, which were all of the ones that outsped me, had a 20 or higher speed IV and a +Speed nature). This led me to believe that the game does something weird in calculating who goes first in a wild Pokemon battle in Emerald, like using 90% of the wild Pokemon's speed stat for the speed check, or something. Of course, it's possible that it was absurd luck, but that's nearly impossible; I caught Rayquaza more than 10 times, and the pattern held every single time. I suppose this may not be a "simple question," but it theoretically could have a really simple answer; I've just never heard of this phenomenon (until it occurred in my game), let alone any explanation for it.

Too long; didn't read at bottom. Quite a while ago, I bought Blue version used from Gamestop and played it for a good amount of time. I encountered M'/Missingno. plenty of times (item duplication glitch) and I caught plenty of M'/Missingno. just for fun and to get things like Sky Attack Kangaskhan. Just about a month ago, I turned on Blue version to discover that the save file corrupted and was deleted entirely. The game is completely normal again, except that every once in a while, the colors of the game load incorrectly and almost everything appears pink and blue. My plan is to clone Rare Candy, vitamins, and Nuggets on Blue version, (I will not catch M'/Missingno. any more,) and then trade my completed Pokémon to Yellow version, which I don't use any glitches on.

Too long; didn't read: Will my Blue version be safe just using item duplication, or will it still be prone to data corruption?

Also, is there a chance that my games will die altogether, being old and not very well manufactured?

Can Wobbuffet learn mimic? I know it sounds like a ridiculous question to ask but I was looking at his entry in the G/S/C strategy pokedex and the entry claims he can. I looked further into this and found that a few other reliable pokemon websites claimed Wobbuffet could not learn mimic. Normally, this question sounds like it could be answered with a single google search but I seem to be getting conflicting answers here.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can Wobbuffet learn mimic? I know it sounds like a ridiculous question to ask but I was looking at his entry in the G/S/C strategy pokedex and the entry claims he can. I looked further into this and found that a few other reliable pokemon websites claimed Wobbuffet could not learn mimic. Normally, this question sounds like it could be answered with a single google search but I seem to be getting conflicting answers here.
That strategy dex is wrong, Wobb has never been able to learn anything outside of his level-up moves.

Just curious
Did Ruby and Sapphire have game data for Volt Tackle? And what would happen if a Pokemon with it was traded over?
I know that in Emerald you breed two Pikachus with a light Ball for it, and once, with Togepi using Metronome, I was able to use it in FRLG.
But... in Ruby and Sapphire, what happens?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just curious
Did Ruby and Sapphire have game data for Volt Tackle? And what would happen if a Pokemon with it was traded over?
I know that in Emerald you breed two Pikachus with a light Ball for it, and once, with Togepi using Metronome, I was able to use it in FRLG.
The game data for Volt Tackle exists in R/S but you can only get it onto Pikachu in Emerald. Trading a Volt Tackle Pikachu to R/S means it will still have the move but you can't pass it onto your offspring, much like the ExtremeSpeed Dratini in HG/SS etc.

Too long; didn't read at bottom. Quite a while ago, I bought Blue version used from Gamestop and played it for a good amount of time. I encountered M'/Missingno. plenty of times (item duplication glitch) and I caught plenty of M'/Missingno. just for fun and to get things like Sky Attack Kangaskhan. Just about a month ago, I turned on Blue version to discover that the save file corrupted and was deleted entirely. The game is completely normal again, except that every once in a while, the colors of the game load incorrectly and almost everything appears pink and blue. My plan is to clone Rare Candy, vitamins, and Nuggets on Blue version, (I will not catch M'/Missingno. any more,) and then trade my completed Pokémon to Yellow version, which I don't use any glitches on.

Too long; didn't read: Will my Blue version be safe just using item duplication, or will it still be prone to data corruption?

Also, is there a chance that my games will die altogether, being old and not very well manufactured?
Catching M'/Missingno. has been known to cause corrupted data. Anyways, it should be safe just using item duplication, as long as the battery in the game cartridge doesn't run out. My Red did that, so my save was gone..

What do you mean it's not very well manufactured? The game itself should last as long as you take care of it... But if it saves or not depends on the internal battery

Just curious
The same occurs with ! and ? Unown; the data exists in RS, but you can only get them in FRLG.

I have 2 important questions i need straight answers too.
1. Can The Celebi from the Japanese Disk or The Jirachi from the American one ever be shiny? I really need to know this

2. This one concerns emerald's broken RNG. Ive read on some sites that getting an early shiny frame depends on your ID, and that if you have an ID with a 3 at the beginning or end you will get a shiny starter pokemon early. I need to know if this is true or not, is it also true that in order to tell if you have an early shiny frame, you need to see the uncatchable shiny Zigzagoon when SRing for a shiny starter in Emerald version. I need to know if both things are true

For all you continuing Emerald players out there.. is this game still fun to play? Even after all the newer games out now, graphics and all. can you still enjoy it? I'm wondering if i should pick it up.

Yes, it's worth buying. Fun storyline, bad guys (as usual), and of course when you're finished with the main game you can always test your skills in the Battle Frontier (which is bigger and more creative than the Battle Frontier in Pt/HG/SS).

There's also the ever-popular Cloning Glitch.

Emerald is good. The Battle Fronteir and Cloning is awesome, and you can catch both Groudon and Kyogre, pick which Lati you catch, and when you catch all 200 pokemon you can get a Johto Starter, i still like it

Emerald is, personally, my favorite Pokemon game and one of my favorite games of all time. The music is excellent, the sprites are clean (and the battle sprites are simply superb and very detailed), and overall it's very fun.

so i heard that if i complete the pokedex in ruby i can get a certificate from some guy in lillycove and then go to the department store and wait for some clearance sale and buy a trainers ticket for 999,999 and then go to some guy on pacifilog and say yes to him. then i can go choose to catch jirachi or deyoxys. is this true?

another question.. with these gba games.. do the internal batteries die and whatnot.. dry out.

should i be worried? Because i just got FR and Emerald from ebay.

In regards to counters for Mewtwo, wouldn't he be a great counter to himself? If someone sends out Mewtwo, it should go like this.

1. Opponent's Mewtwo uses Amnesia
2. You send out your Mewtwo
3. Opponent's Mewtwo uses Amnesia
4. Use submission/Hyper Beam (Hyper Beam if it would OHKO)
5. Opponent uses Blizzard
6. If you used Submission, use Hyper Beam.

Would your Mewtwo still be alive after on psychic? I'm not sure how well a non boosted special would deal against a 999 special, but surely even not boosted his Special attack is so beast that it would survive? Again, not sure. Those moves also depend on which Mewtwo go first, as I'm assuming both would have the same speed. I've only recently started playing RBY in this way, so I'm not sure.

And also, if your Mewtwo wouldn't survive the 999 Blizzard, then couldn't our Mewtwo use Amnesia as well and even the field? After it's maxed, the opponent's Mewtwo wouldn't totally destroy ours, or would there just not be enough time to get off the attacks? But if that's the case, Recover should be used, as then we would heal up.

Again, I haven't tested this at all, and am just wondering if this would be a viable Mewtwo counter. So sorry if this is seen as obnoxious.

In regards tot he move relearner, can he reteach any move that pokemon could have learned, or did that pokemon have to have learned it at one point in order to get it back?

It didn't have to learn the move. As long as it could have learned that move by leveling up, the move tutor can re-teach it to your Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)