Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - TCG edition

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Catchers... as in the uncommon card that switches the opponent's active pokemon with one of his or her benched pokemon? Please do excuse me, as I, too, have recently been getting into the game.
Yep. This guy. Same function as Gust of Wind from Base Set which had a way cooler name and image.

This is more of a suggestion than a question, but I still think that it should be posted here. Would it be possible to create a TCG tutoring program here on Smogon? I have read a lot of articles for beginners on TCG, but still struggle with some aspects, and I'm sure that many others also feel the same way. A tutoring system could be helpful, but I'm not sure if there would be enough interest and/or tutors to get it started.

Cassie

giant claw
I've actually seen a few people ask about this on IRC. I assume that until the forum has grown more it isn't doable, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to set up later on when the forum is more established.

You could always ask someone to help you without it being part of a tutoring program, I'm sure someone would be willing to help.

This is more of a suggestion than a question, but I still think that it should be posted here. Would it be possible to create a TCG tutoring program here on Smogon? I have read a lot of articles for beginners on TCG, but still struggle with some aspects, and I'm sure that many others also feel the same way. A tutoring system could be helpful, but I'm not sure if there would be enough interest and/or tutors to get it started.
I wouldn't mind tutoring at all, but I don't know how to officially go about it in terms of the smogon tutor system. Feel free to shoot me pm's or head onto the IRC in the TCG room.

Cassie

giant claw
Cybertron has a pretty good list here. The other place I would suggest is eBay. Troll actually sells on eBay too so you can usually find their stuff there too. The only other way to go about getting cards that probably saves money is talking to friends about trading/buying from them.

This place needs to grow before tutoring happens. When you still struggle to get 32 for a tournament, you're simply overextending beyond your grasp to look legit. Plus, you don't need a tutoring program to learn how to play - just get on IRC and talk to people. I've taught like 10 people how to play.

So I move, flip, opponent move, flip, I move?
Your turn ends. In between turns you would flip a coin for sleep (or burn). Heads you wake up. Your opponent then takes their turn. If you didn't wake up, when they end their turn you flip again before your turn begins.

Confusion flips are done as soon as you announce an attack by the way. And the attack is only successful if you flip heads.

You can do it on this forum (awesome obv), or on some other forum like Pokegym (mostly dumb people), 6P (somewhat smarter people while still beginner friendly) or HeyTrainer (mostly smart people but they can be rude etc).

You can do it on this forum (awesome obv), or on some other forum like Pokegym (mostly dumb people), 6P (somewhat smarter people while still beginner friendly) or HeyTrainer (mostly smart people but they can be rude etc).
Thank you, but I suppose I should have explained myself better. I meant to ask whether I should make a different thread or post here in terms of asking advice for my deck, or if there even is any place for me to do so on this forum.

If it's one of the decks already being discussed, like Zekrom/Eelektrik or Darkrai, I recommend posting in those threads. If not, feel free to make a new one.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Kind of a debatable question, but what is a cheap, budget friendly deck? I'd like to build my little brother a cheap deck he can play and win some games with, but I don't know anything outside of Durant. Any suggestions?

Kind of a debatable question, but what is a cheap, budget friendly deck? I'd like to build my little brother a cheap deck he can play and win some games with, but I don't know anything outside of Durant. Any suggestions?
Well there's the budget thread Here

But it also really depends on your definition of budget due to how subjective that statement is.

Hi ! I want to know more on the official pokemon tcg online. It's there any obbligatory payment ? Or i can decide to buy gems for buying things ? I also see that my little brother have found a code to get a packet on the internet. I want to know if i can play the official pokemon tcg online completely free and if i can get a competitive deck without the obligation to have to pay. Thanks :D

Well you need to buy packs in order to get cards unless you hack into ptcgo, so you actually have to pay money (grrrr).
Also don't bother trying that since the PvP is shut down so you cant even play with your cards vs other people.

Yeah if there's already a thread about the deck just post it there, otherwise open a new one.
Thanks for the answer. I had the final post in the Zeels discussion, so I edited the post to add my current decklist :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)