Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they can't breed. I tried a couple of dittos, and unless they have to be the same nature, you get the "they prefer to sexx0r with other pokemon" message.

Is this something new in DP? Because Ditto hasn't been able to breed with other Ditto since breeding was introduced.
I'm just going by what the Serebii dex says here, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in a Nintendo Guide (Not D/P, Crystal maybe?) that the only Pokemon that can breed with Ditto is another Ditto.

This wouldn't be the first error in the Serebii dex though, so I could be wrong here.

EDIT: Yeah, I was wrong ;[ Guess I'll have to roam Emerald for some good Ditto's then.

I dont think anyone saw my question on other page.

My question : When trying to find out Ivs in wifi lvl 100 battle before i make my first attack I should go look at summary and check Ivs then when im done do I just run or soft-reset? I ran and i recieved a loss.

I dont think anyone saw my question on other page.

My question : When trying to find out Ivs in wifi lvl 100 battle before i make my first attack I should go look at summary and check Ivs then when im done do I just run or soft-reset? I ran and i recieved a loss.
you check the ivs and then you and your opponent both run. that results in a tie.

Where do you get Choice Specs?

Heh, and now that I complained, I've just chained 7 dittos in a row. Thanks for the shiny tip, I think it may have helped.

In Pearl/Diamond, when breeding can you still have a 50% chance of passing the Nature from the mother to the egg if the mother holds everstone?

Basically, did they keep that in the game or does it ONLY work in Emerald?
Where do you get Choice Specs?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925601/45858*In the house in the far
(kodawari MEGANE) only stick to one attack. northwestern corner of
Celestic city, talk to
the man wearing glasses
anytime between 4am and
10am to receive these.
*Trade from Pokémon
Battle Revolution (7200
pts).

Yes, it still works, rokman, as long as you do English/English or Japanese/Japanese Pokemon breeding.

Also, I just chained 14 dittos (caught 12 or 13 I think) and could have gotten more had I noticed a patch of grass behind my head, probably... >_>

I recently hatched 2 Bagons which I think are acceptable and have modest natures. As an added note, I'm going for a special attacker (aka SpecsMence). They have the IVs:

Bagon 1:
HP: 28
Atk: 24
Def: 20
Sp. Atk: 30
Sp Def: 14
Speed: 18

Bagon 2:
HP: 5
Atk: 24
Def: 20
Sp. Atk: 30
Sp Def: 14
Speed: 30

Basically, Bagon 2 is identical to Bagon 1 except for a way lower HP stat, but much higher speed stat, and as far as I know, speed is more important on a Salamence than HP. I'm pretty tired of continuous breeding so I'd like to stop soon, but if these are way too crappy then go ahead and tell me. If they're acceptable, tell me which one I should go for. xP Thanks a lot.

With the first bagon, you can get up to a max speed of 286. If that looks good to you, then go with the first one. If you want more speed, then you can try the second one (298)

My question: What has the most powerful fire attack in the game, assuming STAB and sunny day?

Trying to get a good IV'd Adamant Hitmonchan with Iron Fist, but I've raised three Keen Eye'd Chans thus far ~
Is the Keen Eye trait always going to pop up for the same Hitmonchan, or can I just soft reset and keep trying for the Iron Fist trait?

Trying to get a good IV'd Adamant Hitmonchan with Iron Fist, but I've raised three Keen Eye'd Chans thus far ~
Is the Keen Eye trait always going to pop up for the same Hitmonchan, or can I just soft reset and keep trying for the Iron Fist trait?
You need to breed a Tyrogue with Steadfast as its ability, and i guess that Natures, Abilities and Gender are set before you take the egg, at least that's what happened with me everytime on Emerald.

I'm not sure if Arceus gets a 20% type boost from his plate, but if he does Fire Plate Overheat is the most powerful. If not, Heatran's Overheat is.
Arceus gettin the 20% boost from its Plate makes complete sense, CSArceus with Draco Meteor and the Dragon Plate seems like the Uber version of CSMence, and it is : P

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if Arceus gets a 20% type boost from his plate, but if he does Fire Plate Overheat is the most powerful. If not, Heatran's Overheat is.
Give Heatran the same Fire Plate. Duuuuh. ;)

(Also Flash Fire boost.)

EDIT: And if you want to get really long-winded, Moltres with Skill Swapped Sniper (assuming all hits are critical hits) and Mimicking Blast Burn is the winner.

He asked about Sunny Day and STAB, nothing else. If you include items, trait boosts, etc. then Heatran wins since he could just use Choice Specs.

quick question, does rapid spinning away spikes damage the oppoent? I so, dowhat is the damage if there is x3 spikes x1Stealth rock, and 2x toxic spikes?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
He asked about Sunny Day and STAB, nothing else. If you include items, trait boosts, etc. then Heatran wins since he could just use Choice Specs.
Just arguing that if items aren't factored in, technically Arseus doesn't count.

I was trying to figure out the most amount of damage that one pokemon could do in one hit. It would be said fire pokemon using overheat or blast burn/eruption holding choice specs with +6sp. atk on a -6sp. def. rash paras with STAB, sunny day, and a critical hit. (Yeah... There's no realy point, but I still want to find out. The last one I did was 3rd gen Kyogre on geodude)

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Does life orb hit you with recoil if you select a damaging attack with sleep talk?

[edit] - I believe the current record for max damage was a Deoxys FR using earthquake on a digging lvl 1 magnemite. The Deoxys was baton passed +6 attack and the Magnemite had its defense lower to -6. Deoxys then mimiced conversion to make it a ground type, had pure power skill swapped onto it and then was tricked a choice band. It then chose earthquake while its partner used helping hand. This might be beaten if that pokemon with the helping hand trait can boost the damage further.

[edit 2] - though I still dont see how this would beat a last roll of rollout.. It would be damn hard to do though..

[edit 3] - it might also be that it was a marowak with thick club transformed into a deoxys.. It was pretty impressive anyway..

Have a nice day.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Arceus gettin the 20% boost from its Plate makes complete sense, CSArceus with Draco Meteor and the Dragon Plate seems like the Uber version of CSMence, and it is : P
What? Choice Specs Arceus with a Dragon Plate...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)