Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IV battling involves taking low levelled pokemon to the wifi battle tower and choosing the level 100 option. This allows a person to check the exact IVs of a pokemon.
Goddammit...another thing that requires Wifi, why could they have that feature allow in non-wifi battles, it would help people with no good wifi connection able to do this too.

It's more than +6, I know that much. You can be intimidated 4 times and still get +6 after Belly Drum, so it's at least +10..
It doesn't matter if it's +6 or +10, it raises your attack to 400%, and it seems it's not affected by intimidate, or at least it need 5 intimidates to decrease a level. But it won't happen in a true battle.

I know it was already posted, but I was summarizing it to make it clear.

And do you know if charm works the same way as intimidade or would a single charm decrease the attack to +4?

If a pokemon is infected by pokerus, how long do you have to keep it on your party to make the virus disappear?
At midnight, the game checks all pokemon you have that aren't in the computer. If any of them have pokerus, it gets rid of the pokerus and prevents them from ever getting it again

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see why not. If you used three Swords Dances (which I believe maximizes attack) and then a Salamence came in on you, your attack would still lower by one stage, correct? Think of Belly Drum as 3 SD's in one, an intimidate will lower your attack down to +5 stages instead of +6.
Well, I really want a confirmation. Since I've found myself being intimidated but still OHKOing a Salamence with Bellyzard Fire Punch (Blaze, STAB, Belly Drum) which shouldn't KO except with +6 attack boost.

I know Yoshiking already answered this, but did you mean what happens if you are already intimidated, and are on -1 attack? If so then Belly drum always maximises it, and you will still go up to +6.
Yeah, I know that one. Belly Drum maxes attack to +6 no matter what stage you're at.

Breeding Tips? I only know a few things, but I would like to know if there is more. It took me 2 days to get a poke with a certain nature and ability, and out of those 2 days I only got 3 females. :|

Anyway, all I know is:

1) An Everstone on a Female will make it so the baby has the females nature 50% of the time.

2) Putting an Egg near a Poke with "Magma Body" (or whatever, slugma 4tw!) cuts the hatching time in half.

What I want to know:

1) Along with the first thing I know, Is this also true if you make a Ditto hold it and breed it with a Male? Are there any other benefits to using an Everstone in some way? I got like 6 from the Underground. :\

2) Is there any way to kinda "force" the Egg to be a Male or Female when you get it? How about Ability?

3) IV's. How does it work exactly with breeding? From my understanding, you breed 2 parents with high IV's and it takes like 2 from each of the parents and passes it on. Something like that. Clarification would be excellent.

4) Is there anything else that could help me out here?

i dont think this had been asked; i asked it before in the cloning thread but got no reply.

1. is it possible to do the cloning GTS trick by simply deposting the pokemon ONCE, rather than depositing it, withdrawing, then depositing it AGAIN into the GTS (at this time youd reset)? i cant do the router trick either.

2. anyone else having trouble with cloning recently? i had problems last week (spent an hour trying to clone weavile; i got the blue screen but he was only in my box and there was only "deposit pokemon" option on the GTS instead of summary.

Gosh, this is probably answered in the breeding guide, too, but this is the place for weird questions too so..

Can you pass on move tutor moves from previous gens through breeding? I'm almost positive it's no, but eh, I wanna be sure.

The answer I've heard, which I assume is correct, is that no, you can't pass move tutor moves from previous generations on unless those moves are compatible (egg moves/whatever) with the pokemon in question in D/P.

Sadly, magma armor etc. don't cut hatching time in half. For me, it cuts it down to 66% or 70something% sometimes.

Probably by some people.

I don't really care... :P But then, I don't really care about evade either.

I'm currently amusing myself (at times) by using quick claw machamp to hax the battle tower.

The answer I've heard, which I assume is correct, is that no, you can't pass move tutor moves from previous generations on unless those moves are compatible (egg moves/whatever) with the pokemon in question in D/P.

Sadly, magma armor etc. don't cut hatching time in half. For me, it cuts it down to 66% or 70something% sometimes.
The breeding guide explains exactly how much it reduces it by. And yea it's not 50%.

Yes it's a hax item.

My question: where abouts in the Safari Zone is Croagunk / Toxicroak? I looked through the binoculars for about 10 minutes and couldn't find it. Is there any special thing to do to find them?

How much does X Attack raise the stat by?

I thought those items were really useless, until I saw my sister's Empoleon do about 45% to the E4 Milotic with an XA'ed Drill Peck

1) Along with the first thing I know, Is this also true if you make a Ditto hold it and breed it with a Male? Are there any other benefits to using an Everstone in some way? I got like 6 from the Underground. :\

Worked for me. The only other use for everstone I've had was training Eevee to level 36 for batonpass without having it evolve into either Espeon or Umbreon

2) Is there any way to kinda "force" the Egg to be a Male or Female when you get it? How about Ability?

Not that I know of. IIRC the Ability and Gender are set in stone once the egg is made.

3) IV's. How does it work exactly with breeding? From my understanding, you breed 2 parents with high IV's and it takes like 2 from each of the parents and passes it on. Something like that. Clarification would be excellent.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20653
4) Is there anything else that could help me out here?

Ditto. Er, no pun intended.

Alright, I have a question about Garchomp. With 27 speed IVs and a nature that doesn't affect speed, how much Speed EVs should it have with a Choice Scarf?

What about without a Choice Scarf?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Should I go with a Naughty or Lonely Electivire? (Mixed Sweeper)
Lonely is generally preferred because while Electivire isn't going to survive physical attacks with its poor base 67 Defense anyway, it can and will survive random Surfs and stuff with its Special Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)