Ask a Simple Question, get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Try removing Pokemon one at a time and replacing it with something like a Rattata, to see if a particular Pokemon is the problem.

I answer, if smogon is going tu use poke lab after ?
And in Pokemon online, when I look my ladder, I can't see it... Only in smogon server.

Last night I battled my way up to 1335 points (slightly higher than my last peak after the ladder reset), and today when I went to battle again everything was messed up.

My first battle's variation was "+67, -32" and although I won it, my points total didn't go up a single point. After bitching and moaning for several minutes I decided to give it another go since no one else seemed to have my problem, and of course this time, the variation was "+27, -62". Fortunately, my opponent forfeited immediately after choosing leads, so I went to check on my new ranking. Unfortunately, I suddenly had a mere 1094 points for no reason.

My previous rank/point total: http://i55.tinypic.com/fmv47l.jpg
First screwed up variation: http://i55.tinypic.com/4zyu4l.jpg
Second variation: http://i54.tinypic.com/35nbu2v.jpg
My current rank/point total: http://i51.tinypic.com/24ocdg9.jpg

Can someone give me my points back?

I am having the same problem as ghfhfgg. Unfortunately I am not at home right now so I cannot prove my claims but since ghfhfgg has provided his own story I hope my testimony will not only corroborate his claims but that I will also receive some help.

Last night I had a 1390 ranking on the Dream World OU and sz had 1391. I wanted to be number 1 again, so I understandably queued up against someone with a German sounding tag (DasNachtFuchs or something) with, like ghfhfgg said, a ridiculous variation (+54, -45 or thereabouts. Maybe because my "ranking" was -1/X?). I won the battle and, like ghfhfgg, my rating didn't go up a single point.

I then asked a mod about it and he said the rankings being bugged were a known issue. However, the mod said that he had never heard about a ranking no changing at all after a battle. I then decided to test out the system on another ladder, the Standard OU ladder.

I lost my battle on the Standard OU ladder and, sure enough, I lost a reasonable amount of points when I checked my ranking. Convinced that my first experience was a glitch, I queued up for Dream World OU again, this time against someone named Komoku or something like that. I won again, but the first red flag was the variation was something crazy again (+40 something, -40 something). The second weird thing was not only did I not gain any points, I actually fell off the rankings page. Now Keatonz is second and I literally cannot find where I "dropped" to.

tl,dr: I have the same problem as ghfhfgg, weird variations and all. In my first won battle I didn't change ranking and in my second battle I fell off the rankings page entirely. I hope this corroborates his claim, which he substantiated with pics, and that I receive some help as well. Is there anyone in charge of the rankings that can rectify this, or will the server magically rectify it when it resets?

Thanks for your time.

I have an problem. Whenever I start up Pokemon Online, and go to go online, I dont get a list of servers. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

EDIT: I get this error message: Disconnected from the registry: Connection timed out

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Two things: Firstly, did the way the rankings show change? Last week, I could type in my name and the rankings page would go to where I was, showing my rating and my ranking. Today, I tried to do it and unless the name is on the first page, nothing happens. The way I check my rating/ranking now is to type /ranking, then right-click challenge myself to check my rating. Does anyone have an easier way to do that?

Second, is Wobbuffet now banned on the Standard OU ladder?

Who is the hardest elite four member in pokemon white and black? I don't have the game yet like many, so I'm just curious about what they have.

Athenodoros

Who is the hardest elite four member in pokemon white and black? I don't have the game yet like many, so I'm just curious about what they have.
And this should be in the Uncharted Territory Simple Question Simple Answer thread, not here. This is just for the simulator.

Never mind, I finally found where I "am": no. 611 with 1089 points somehow after two wins at 1390. I think I was talking to TheFourthChaser and he can vouch for me that I was number 2 on the ladder with 1390 points at the time I asked him about the ladder issue.

I hope everything is rectified after the server reset, I don't want to be down 300 points for winning matches :(

Whenever I try to get on PO, it says:

"Disconnected from the registry: Connection refused"

This isn't the Smogon server. This is when I try to access the list of servers.

Is the entire simulator down?

Athenodoros

It is probably an update to the servers or something, which would require them all to stop for a bit, or potentially server overload, but I doubt that it would be for the whole simulator. It'll be up soon. This has happened quite a lot.

I've just downloaded Pokemon Online, and I can't seem to connect to any server. Whichever server I connect to, it disconnects me in 4 miliseconds (same every time). What do I do?

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I've just downloaded Pokemon Online, and I can't seem to connect to any server. Whichever server I connect to, it disconnects me in 4 miliseconds (same every time). What do I do?
Go to your router settings by typing in your IP address into your web browser. Unless your parents or you (if you're independent) have changed the login, it's admin and password to change your settings. Open port 5080 for Pokemon Online.

My question concerns critical hits. 1/32 is standard moves. I assume every increase divides the denominator in half? So 1/32->1/16->1/8->1/4->1/2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)