Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer (Read FAQs in First Post Before Asking)

I'm not a big fan of trying to Iron Head hax with Rachi in Ubers. It's just so weak and spreading para is meh for a stall team as it doesn't have the fire power to take out the crippled threats. Toxic/Protect/Wish/U-Turn or SR or some other filler is my favorite way to run Spdef Rachi. There is also SpDef Latias that can switch into anything M2 wants to use and stall it out or KO with Dpulse. TTar can Pursuit trap it if you can get it in safely. Otherwise you just prey on its weakness to passive damage and lack of switch-in opportunities by forcing it out with checks.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Are there any prominent Ubers Pokemon that commonly have moves with +1 priority in their movesets? (Other than Giratina-O.)

Off the top of my head the Only Pokemon that I can think of are the prankster users (whimsicott, thundy I, Torn I, and Sableye) but the only pokes that use attackin moves of plus 1 priority excluding garitina O are scizor and bisharp, that are (if you ever play Ubers at all) you know are not that big.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Off the top of my head the Only Pokemon that I can think of are the prankster users (whimsicott, thundy I, Torn I, and Sableye) but the only pokes that use attackin moves of plus 1 priority excluding garitina O are scizor and bisharp, that are (if you ever play Ubers at all) you know are not that big.
Yeah I know (I've played Ubers for a couple years now) I was just making sure. Also, Bisharp uses Sucker Punch (+2), so just Scizor lol.

I now have a question of my own. What is the standard set for F sash Espeon on A sun team?
I don't think you should be running sash Espeon but if a standard set did exist I suppose it would be something like Psychic(shock) / Grass Knot / HP Fire / Baton Pass.

Yeah, in general if you're using it for its magic bouncing abilities I'd recommend using Xatu; greater bulk and its Ground immunity let you switch in on Groudon and take miscellaneous attacks better. It's not completely unviable, but I'd recommend reconsidering whether Espeon is the best one for the role.

Bryce

Lun
Espeon is suited for more offensively oriented team as it can at least hit hard enough to not allow free turns against pokes like Groudon and Kyogre.Also the standard set is the one Faint posted except with Yawn over Baton Pass.

The "standard" as far as standard sets goes on Espeon in Ubers is:

Espeon @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Yawn
- Grass Knot

The moves grant maximum coverage against common SR setters like Groudon, Dialga, Tyranitar and Ferrothorn and even though the latter is hit harder by a sun boosted Hidden Power Fire, Espeon's niche lies in its usage on hyper offensive sun teams where team mates like Ho-oh, Reshiram and Kyurem-W can easily threaten it (along with threatening the common Forretress of course). Psyshock and Yawn goes hand in and as they makes Espeon impossible to be set up on. Examples like Ho-oh and CM-Arceus will usually be able to "wall" Espeon, which means that a well timed Yawn forces a switch instead. Sash is important as Espeon is frail, and in situations where you are facing a lead Kyogre while expect a SR Dialga, you can just hit Kyogre with a strong Grass Knot and prey on the offensive momentum to win the game. But in a scenario where you face a lead Dialga, you should hit twice with Hidden Power Fighting to weaken it, and let you team mates offense presence deny rocks. Hope my answer helps.

Yeah I know (I've played Ubers for a couple years now) I was just making sure. Also, Bisharp uses Sucker Punch (+2), so just Scizor lol.
Can't let this go unnoticed: Sucker Punch only has +1 priority. It fails if the opponent uses a priority move first.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Can't let this go unnoticed: Sucker Punch only has +1 priority. It fails if the opponent uses a priority move first.
Awww crap I always thought Sucker Punch had +2 priority (granted I've never really used anything with Sucker Punch lol). Just looked it up everywhere it says Sucker Punch is +1. Thanks for clearing this up for me. :3

This is a very subjective statement, and its hard to get what you mean by "rain swtich ins." In terms of Kyogre checks, you should have at least one of the following: Latias, Palkia, Arceus-Water or Grass, Gastrodon (lol) unless your team is insanely hyper offensive.

If you could clarify what you mean by "rain switch ins" then I could answer better.

SDef Giratina-A works pretty well as a Kyogre check as well, just putting it out there. Arceus-Dragon has the typing, but it sucks overall. Don't use it.

SDef Kyogre works well too, and if you have a Deoxys-S lead with SR and an attack not resisted against Kyogre I guess Ferrothorn could work too.
Chansey also can survive, but I'll really not recommend using it for that purpose.

I am trying to make a sandstorm team, and had a couple of questions.
First, it may sound weird, but will a Sand Force Choice Band Excadrill be viable as a wall breaker? I mean, an EQ in sand from that thing is an absolute nuke, and it also makes Iron Head and Rock Slide better.
On a more serious note, I'm thinking of using the a core of SD Excadrill, SubSD Garchomp, and a Terrakion in the team. All these 'mons seem to deal with pretty much everything nicely, so my question is what Terrakion set should I use? Double Dance, SubSD and Scarf all look good.

the problem with that is sand rush is just too good not to use, as doubled speed > 1.3x bonus to power. besides, after a swords dance even without a boosting item, its stronger than cb sand force. it also sets up on walls due to immunity to toxic and thunder wave, while sand rush allows a sweep

I am trying to make a sandstorm team, and had a couple of questions.
First, it may sound weird, but will a Sand Force Choice Band Excadrill be viable as a wall breaker? I mean, an EQ in sand from that thing is an absolute nuke, and it also makes Iron Head and Rock Slide better.
On a more serious note, I'm thinking of using the a core of SD Excadrill, SubSD Garchomp, and a Terrakion in the team. All these 'mons seem to deal with pretty much everything nicely, so my question is what Terrakion set should I use? Double Dance, SubSD and Scarf all look good.
It would not be viable as a wall breaker, most significantly it is slower than base 90s. SD LO Excadrill is better because of its versatility in move choice, sweeping power, and speed.

In regards to your core: SD Excadrill, SubSD Garchomp, and Terrakion. I would suggest Scarf Terrakion to give you a late game cleaner if sand happens to be down and give you an answer to SD Arceus/Rayquaza. However, the problem with this core is that you have 3 water weak pokemon already. Including the inducer (Hippo or TTar) you now have 4 water weaks. It really restricts your last two choices. A better option would be to run something like scarf Palkia or Dialga which offer synergy to the team. Even Genesect would be better. If you decide not to change Terrakion, consider Latias, Latios, non-choice Palkia, Ferrothorn, Giratina, Arceus-Grass, Arceus-Water

It would not be viable as a wall breaker, most significantly it is slower than base 90s. SD LO Excadrill is better because of its versatility in move choice, sweeping power, and speed.

In regards to your core: SD Excadrill, SubSD Garchomp, and Terrakion. I would suggest Scarf Terrakion to give you a late game cleaner if sand happens to be down and give you an answer to SD Arceus/Rayquaza. However, the problem with this core is that you have 3 water weak pokemon already. Including the inducer (Hippo or TTar) you now have 4 water weaks. It really restricts your last two choices. A better option would be to run something like scarf Palkia or Dialga which offer synergy to the team. Even Genesect would be better. If you decide not to change Terrakion, consider Latias, Latios, non-choice Palkia, Ferrothorn, Giratina, Arceus-Grass, Arceus-Water
Actually, Garchomp isn't water-weak iirc (but he still isn't switching into Kyogre anytime soon, so nvm)
I'm thinking of pairing my offensive core with the defensive Sandstorm one in the Smog #21, that is Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and Giratina. Alternatively, I can use double weather (Tar+Hippo) with a solid anti-weather 'mon (Grass Arceus/Latias). Any suggestions on that?

Actually, Garchomp isn't water-weak iirc (but he still isn't switching into Kyogre anytime soon, so nvm)
I'm thinking of pairing my offensive core with the defensive Sandstorm one in the Smog #21, that is Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and Giratina. Alternatively, I can use double weather (Tar+Hippo) with a solid anti-weather 'mon (Grass Arceus/Latias). Any suggestions on that?
Yeah, I meant just weak to Kyogre rather than weak to water.

The problem with running only 1 solid anti-weather mon is that you will end up relying on that mon too heavily and a well built team, that offensively or defensively puts a lot of pressure with hazards or moves like u-turn, will wear down that mon and give the pokemon it is meant to counter an opportunity to sweep. Generally, your team should have more than 1 way to deal with threats and be more balanced in that sense.

Is kyogre by itself a good special wall breaker, or should I be using something like kyurem white or lati@s instead?

Kyogre is still the most powerful special attacker in Ubers. Nothing comes close to the raw power of a Rain boosted Choice Specs Water Spout. However, what special wallbreaker you should be using really depends on the team. In general, Kyogre is the better pick since it brings weather but Lati@s have Levitate which allows them to come in and out repeatedly to nuke stuff. Kyurem-W has a lot of power but it's held back by that SR weakness and DM drops which make it a lot less flexible than the others. Again, it really depends on your team.

What are some good paralysis spreaders in Ubers? Some that to mind are Jirachi, Grass Arceus, physically defensive Kyogre and lolspeciallydefensive Groudon, but I'm not sure which one to use. Is there any particular defensive core that can do this, which I can use?

Bryce

Lun
What are some good paralysis spreaders in Ubers? Some that to mind are Jirachi, Grass Arceus, physically defensive Kyogre and lolspeciallydefensive Groudon, but I'm not sure which one to use. Is there any particular defensive core that can do this, which I can use?
Thunder wave is a commonly distributed move in Ubers,so anything with decent bulk and typing makes a good paralysis spreader. Dialga is a common and prominent Para Spreader. Giratina-O can act as a good Paralysis spreader as well.Thundurus-I gets a mention for priority Thunder wave .Ferrothorn,Groudon, GrassCeus,Kyogre are all good options.

Now I have a question,why in 4th Gen was Arceus's EV distribution was restricted to 100 per stat?

It was because of the way EVing worked in Gen 4 and the fact Arceus came at level 100. Back then you could only get EVs by gaining experience with the exception of items like HP up, Protein, etc. However, these items could only boost a stat to 100 before they stopped working. The EV system changed in BW where even level 100 Pokemon could gain EVs as they were instantly applied after battle and were no longer linked to gaining experience points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)