Autumn Friendly 2012

I've got 5-0-0 so far, although three of my wins were against clearly in-game teams (Zebstrika using Thunder while Rhyperior was out three times was a highlight), and the last one was a trick room team that fell apart after a taunt.

Really surprised I haven't had any ragequits yet. Last time I literally had twice as many ragequits as finished matches.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that in-game teams seem to get an extraordinary amount of luck. Double Blizzard crit with one freeze. What the hell was that?

hey someone here has problems with disconectors? In my last three matches people keep on disconeccting when they were losing. Do they get actually punished?

Just uploaded my first ever battle video. I thought it was a pretty decent battle at least.

ID: 70-86330-68404

Edit:No they dont get punished at all I think B2/W2 will punish disconecters on wifi though.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
D/Cers would only get punished in B/W2. For this reason I hope all future tournaments will be B/W2 only.

Lost my first 3, then won 10 in a row! Rating 1615

No d/cers yet.

Stalled out a trickroom with my excadrill though lol

check this out : 90-96664-58876

Was worried that last eq wouldn't ko...too close!

I will win because I am the best! :D :$

34 - 1 - 3

Robby (1485) from Italy: 4-0 WIN
Pablo (1470) from Spain: 3-0 WIN
KUBA (1407) from ?????: 2-0 WIN

Javier (1514) from Spain: DC me
PEDRITO! (1562) from Spain: 4-0 WIN
elsy (1489) from Spain: 3-0 WIN

J.L (1500), from Spain: 0-2 Loss
A korean Player (1489): 3-0 WIN
JACOB (1500), from ???: 4-0 WIN
Blaze (1542), from US: 3-0 WIN
Babak (1541), from France: 4-0 WIN
aSH (1468) From Spain: 3-0 WIN
Steven (1516), from UK: 2-0 WIN
Pablo (1477), from Spain: 3-0 WIN

Ben (1500), from UK: DC me
Patrick (1564), from Germany: 4-0 WIN
LEA (1500) from Germany: 4-0 WIN
Seb (1456), from ????: 4-0 WIN
David (1466) from Spain: 3-0 WIN

ALE (1500), from Spain: DC me
Kuzkan (1594) from ?????: 4-0 WIN
Sergio (1500), from Spain: 4-0 WIN
Capi (1519), from Spain: 4-0 WIN
CRIS (1470) from Spain: 4-0 WIN
eddy (1487), from Italy: 2-0 WIN
ash (1500) from Germany: 4-0 WIN
Felipe (1550), From Chile: 1-0 WIN
aLEXEI (1463) FROM Mexico: 3-0 WIN
Omar (1438), from Spain: 4-0 WIN
JORDAN (1500), from France: 4-0 WIN
Christ (1445) From Panama: 3-0 WIN
joshua (1516), from US: 4-0 WIN
sHAUN (1645), FROM uk: 3-0 WIN
KLEL (1557), from Republic dominican: 2-0 WIN
Antonio (1529), from Spain: 2-0 WIN
carmen (1481), from Spain: 4-0 WIN
Brian (1481), from Indonesia: 4-0 WIN
Gio (1616), from ????: 4-0 WIN

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps if I didn't face this guy twice in a row on RM a few days ago I would have lost (his strategy was usually Encore from Toed + Disable from Dusclops)... Real dick move using a hacked XD Dusclops though. Particularly because the original one was a SR by Zari. 9-3-2 atm.

The Vs. Player is wrong with Moody boosts btw. First boost was +Spe -Def, second boost was +SpAtk -Acc. It died on turn 4 rather than having two misses on it in a row. You can see it if you watch the actual battle video.

4-1 now. Darn.

Pretty close matchup. I'm playing SunTerrakion (Whimsicott has Sunny Day to pump Erruption), and he put out Hitmontop and Abomisnow. I should have led with Typholsion, but did Terrakion instead...

... long story short his Gastrodon's sun-weakened Muddy Water killed my HP Grass typhlosion a turn too early.

Edit:
4-2

Wait... can a Choice Scarfed Chandelure outspeed a Jolly Weavile? WTF?

Edit:
5-2

Re:

D/Cers would only get punished in B/W2. For this reason I hope all future tournaments will be B/W2 only.
Does this count accidental wifi disconnects? If so, that could hurt me.

That said, if this is true, I should DQ against hax on BW1, right?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you saved the battle video you can upload it to the GTS then here to see what's going on there. Of course if it can't go on the GTS it's pretty obvious what happened.

Edit: At level 50 Jolly Weavile tops out at 194 speed, while a Timid Chandelure tops out at 145, and Modest max speed reaches 132. It needs a speed stat of 130 at the bare minimum to be faster with Scarf/Tailwind.

4-1 now. Darn.

Pretty close matchup. I'm playing SunTerrakion (Whimsicott has Sunny Day to pump Erruption), and he put out Hitmontop and Abomisnow. I should have led with Typholsion, but did Terrakion instead...

... long story short his Gastrodon's sun-weakened Muddy Water killed my HP Grass typhlosion a turn too early.

Edit:
4-2

Wait... can a Choice Scarfed Chandelure outspeed a Jolly Weavile? WTF?

I'm questioning that one cause weavile is like one of the fastest pokemon but it might but just by a little

Anyways my Current record:27-10-10
Day 2 record:3-0-0

just beat Sejun, (Top8 Worlds 2012 and 2nd Worlds 2011) after a close match, unfortunately as I wanted to save the battle my Wifi sucked and I got a DC, well, the points came so its okay lol
im at 1707 atm

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Re:

Does this count accidental wifi disconnects? If so, that could hurt me.

That said, if this is true, I should DQ against hax on BW1, right?
Personally I would D/C against someone that I know for a fact has a hacked Pokémon (legal or not) just on principle. I wouldn't do it on bs luck like double para from Discharge. But yes any D/C in B/W2 gives a 1 hour penalty.

Read my previous post for more info regarding Weavile and Chandelure.

I'm questioning that one cause weavile is like one of the fastest pokemon but it might but just by a little

Anyways my Current record:27-10-10
Day 2 record:3-0-0
Nice record! This is day 1 for me (?), so 5-2's not terrible IMO. Still, I was shocked it was even an option to run Choice Scarf, but whatever.

Anyways, looks like I'm going to lose this - I switched out my Terrakion (after Tailwind) to avoid a fly that hit my whimsicott. WTF? And he ice beamed my salamence when I taunted him! I'm currently Terrakion (protected, +3) and tail winding against half off cresselia and full latios...
Edit:
+6 Terrakion survived a ice beam from Cresselia after missing, but taking out Latios under tail wind. Next came Terrekion (lol), who protected while Cressy bit it, but took a Beatup/Close Combat to the face.
6-2 now!

Ok so taking a break for now,

14-3-3

2 of my 3 losses were pretty bad hax but it's down to winning and losing in the end xD I guess taking it a lot less serious helps not having any rage haha.

My 1 legit loss was a 3-0 versus Cheeryl from Singapore....predicting every move I made even when trying to over predict, I tip my hat to you.

Personally I would D/C against someone that I know for a fact has a hacked Pokémon (legal or not) just on principle. I wouldn't do it on bs luck like double para from Discharge. But yes any D/C in B/W2 gives a 1 hour penalty.

Read my previous post for more info regarding Weavile and Chandelure.
So does that mean that people with bad internet are going to get penalized for being dced even if they didnt just shut off their game because they were about to lose?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I believe that is the case unfortunately. Unless a communication error is handled differently? But even then once can force that by shutting off their internet. Bleh.

That is why the rules recommended that players use a stable internet connection for this tournament. Well not the D/C time penalty, but the excessive D/C penalty of being removed from the rankings.

Edit: At level 50 Jolly Weavile tops out at 194 speed, while a Timid Chandelure tops out at 145, and Modest max speed reaches 132. It needs a speed stat of 130 at the bare minimum to be faster with Scarf/Tailwind.
I guess that's a reason to use scarfed heatwave chandy?

So, I'm 10-2 now. Just beat a trickroom team. Gah!

I'm playing Terrakion so I can be the proactive player, not them! But no, whenever I see Trickroom, my whole strategy becomes "stop them"... and and they should be thinking that about me!

Nice record! This is day 1 for me (?), so 5-2's not terrible IMO. Still, I was shocked it was even an option to run Choice Scarf, but whatever.

Anyways, looks like I'm going to lose this - I switched out my Terrakion (after Tailwind) to avoid a fly that hit my whimsicott. WTF? And he ice beamed my salamence when I taunted him! I'm currently Terrakion (protected, +3) and tail winding against half off cresselia and full latios...
Edit:
+6 Terrakion survived a ice beam from Cresselia after missing, but taking out Latios under tail wind. Next came Terrekion (lol), who protected while Cressy bit it, but took a Beatup/Close Combat to the face.
6-2 now!
Nice not bad my new day 2 record is 6-1
Rating is 1667+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)