Back to the Basics [RBY Tournament] ROUND 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Lost 5-0, because my half team already died to hax after 13 turns #__#

An unlucky man like me shouldn't play rby ~__~

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Trust me, man, even with the sucky start you got with eggy (which the chance of that happening was about the same luck as wrap missing once, so I was a lucky jerk), I was still a bit nervous. I've watched almost certain wins hit the crapshoot thanks to some clutches.

Either way, you still played pretty darn well, especially after getting screwed at the beginning =(.
don't worry, we'll be meeting again in the finals :)

man, what do you mean with ridiculous luck? -_-

never played rby before or what

Begin Turn #21
(sXe) Ice's Chansey used Softboiled!
(sXe) Ice's Chansey regained health!
---------------------------------
jira's Snorlax used Body Slam!
(508 damage)
A critical hit!
(sXe) Ice's Chansey fainted!
(sXe) Ice sent out Alakazam (Lv.100 Alakazam)!
End of turn #21
jira's Snorlax: 80% HP (Par)
(sXe) Ice's Alakazam: 313 HP

Begin Turn #22
(sXe) Ice's Alakazam used Reflect!
(sXe) Ice's team's Reflect raised Defense!
(313 damage)
A critical hit!

0.3% chance of happening, and it happened to both of my staple Pokemon on my team.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
buddy you were letting lax hit that chansey, it wasn't doing shit for long anyway.

plus jira's point was: its rby, live with it.

I'm just creating some friendly cockiness to spark some interest in the tournament. =)

And also, I had little to switch to safely against Snorlax. I wanted to save my Exeggutor for later since I had lost the Sleep war in a Jynx ditto.

Begin Turn #21
(sXe) Ice's Chansey used Softboiled!
(sXe) Ice's Chansey regained health!
(508 damage)
A critical hit!
(sXe) Ice's Chansey fainted!
(sXe) Ice sent out Alakazam (Lv.100 Alakazam)!
End of turn #21
jira's Snorlax: 80% HP (Par)
(sXe) Ice's Alakazam: 313 HP

Begin Turn #22
(sXe) Ice's Alakazam used Reflect!
(sXe) Ice's team's Reflect raised Defense!
(313 damage)
A critical hit!

0.3% chance of happening, and it happened to both of my staple Pokemon on my team.
0.3% chance of happening? What?

As Shiv said, you were letting that Chansey get hit. This is RBY, you've got to expect CH's.

0.3% chance of two Critical Hits in a row by Snorlax.

And just one is a 5% chance, while paralysis is 25% chance. Across 20 turns, 1 would be Critical and 5 would be fully paralyzed. I figured that (at least on average) I could get a few hits in, and then finish off Snorlax with another Pokemon, such as Alakazam.

Won 1-0 against batpig. Clutch prediction on his part at a specific time made the match much closer than I wanted it to be.

Good game, sir.

Guys, stop being little bitches and do your battles. It isn't that hard to set time aside. If I can work, look for a new job, apartment hunt, go to Vegas for a weekend, AND fight crime while still finding time to fit in a freaking RBY battle which takes no more than 15 minutes, you guys can do it too.

What the hell kind of percentage is 9 out of 32 less than a week from the deadline? I'm a damn sub for crying out loud. If you don't get moving we're going to outsource your spots to Brazil. They play Pokemon a lot down there so believe me, they'll do it for even lower wages.

Okay I don't really know what I'm talking about anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)