Base Stats, Move Data, Egg Moves, and Dream World Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shroomish and Tamagetake both get Spore, now.

And Hihidaruma with Belly Drum... Doryuuzu with Swords Dance/Rapid Spin... oh my!

Also, Special Electric U-Turn. Interesting.
holy s*^%, how'd i miss that one?

So if I read all of those right . . . there are no new priority attacks? Interesting . . .
yeah, i was kinda sad at this one, too. nearly every priority is physical, and... it remains that way. meh.

also, i realised a while ago that accuracy was going to be more used this generation, but all these moves that lower accuracy as a secondary effect along with damaging... seem to have a lot of potential, especially for stall, assuming any relevant walls learn them.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Note that it learns both Recover and Water Spout.
I saw Water Spout but didn't realize how potent that combination is together until you said it.

Effectively makes that pokemon go "IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER"

Also special electric U-turn... GG Gyarados?

[M510]: Fire Special Power: 30 / Accuracy: 100
Destroys target's Berry

Victini disappoints me.

It better get that 180 base power Fire move.

[M553]: Ice Physical Power: 140 / Accuracy: 90
May cause paralysis

[M554]: Ice Special Power: 140 / Accuracy: 90
May cause a burn

No one said anything about these yet?? I saw them and was like *Asploded*

May cause paralysis

May cause a burn

Thats most likely from the Aborted fetus legendary pokemon. He's obviously uber and does not matter. XD
( sorry dble post :( )

Does that mean it goes off of sp.att and hits the opponets defense? or vice versa?
I think it's fired from the SPATK stat, but hits the DEF stat.

Here's a fun little stat: Timid Azelf with a life orb after Nasty Plot can OHKO Blissey with this attack (91.6-108%). Modest guarantees it.

I'm going to love the hyper offensive metagame this gen.

May cause paralysis

May cause a burn

O.o I just saw them. WTF? I hope their distribution is very low or they have a nasty side effect we don't know yet...

May cause paralysis

May cause a burn

I was wondering about these too, besides the fact that these may? not have negative effect(if so WOW), an ice move that paralyzes I'm not sure how, maybe freeze the nerves ?_? as for burn, I guess cold burn.

So what news do we have about Stealth Rock? Someone said nothing changed...
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2992616&postcount=19

Stealth Rock: Other Rock Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: During effect, whenever an opposing Pokémon becomes active, that Pokémon loses X/8 of total HP, where X is the type effectiveness of the Rock type against that Pokémon's types.

It doesn't seem to have changed, it's just appears to be a lot rarer, as it's no longer a TM.

May cause paralysis

May cause a burn

Third legendary's signature moves, taking power from both Reshiram and Zekrom

Wow some of these new moves are just plain crazy.

Anyway, I think most of these have been posted already, but here's what I noticed from the new Pokemon's level up moves.

Desukan: Haze
Chirachino: Rock Blast
Berunkeru (Jellyfish): Recover (It gets Water Sport not Water Spout)
Natorei (Grass/Steel): Explosion (no Rapid Spin, yet)
Chanderaa (Chandelier): Memento and Pain Split
Ononokusu: Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Outrage
Tsunbea (Polar Bear): Super Power
Kojondo (Fighting with Regenerate): Fake Out and Aura Sphere
Wargle: Brave Bird, Superpower
Sazando: Outrage, Crunch
Steel/Fighting: Swords Dance, Close Combat
Rock/Fighting: Swords Dance, Stone Edge, Close Combat
Grass/Fighting: Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Close Combat
Reshiram: Outrage, Crunch
Zekrom: Outrage, Crunch
Dragon/Ice: Outrage
Water/Fighting: Swords Dance, Aqua Jet, Close Combat
Normal/Psychic: Perish Song, Close Combat
Bug/Steel: Bug Buzz, X-Scissor, Self Destruct
Rotom Forms: No special moves.

I bolded the ones I thought were most important.

Edit: The third legend might actually be useful with those moves, as long as SR is less common, which I don't think it will be.

Garchompi

Banned deucer.
If you pay attention to the two Ice moves, one is special and may burn and the other one physical and may paralyze.
It's an obvious reference to Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyuremu.

I think it's safe to say that these are the best drawback-free attacks in the game, other than for the 90% accuracy (which is still not bad for moves powerful like that).

If Kyuremu learns these moves it's officially a monster...

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2992616&postcount=19

Stealth Rock: Other Rock Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: During effect, whenever an opposing Pokémon becomes active, that Pokémon loses X/8 of total HP, where X is the type effectiveness of the Rock type against that Pokémon's types.

It doesn't seem to have changed, it's just appears to be a lot rarer, as it's no longer a TM.
What's stopping Gen IV pokemons, who are transfered to Gen V from having stealth rock via TM?

Berunkeru (Jellyfish): Recover (It gets Water Sport not Water Spout)
592: Lv1: Bubble, Lv1: Water Sport, Lv5: Absorb, Lv9: Night Shade, Lv13: Bubblebeam, Lv17: Recover, Lv22: Water Pulse, Lv27: Ominous Wind, Lv32: Brine, Lv37: Rain Dance, Lv43: [M506], Lv49: Hydro Pump, Lv55: Wring Out, Lv61: Water Spout

593: Lv1: Bubble, Lv1: Water Sport, Lv1: Absorb, Lv1: Night Shade, Lv5: Absorb, Lv9: Night Shade, Lv13: Bubblebeam, Lv17: Recover, Lv22: Water Pulse, Lv27: Ominous Wind, Lv32: Brine, Lv37: Rain Dance, Lv45: [M506], Lv53: Hydro Pump, Lv61: Wring Out, Lv69: Water Spout
It does, actually.

some fun moves

might be slightly off on the "who gets what move" part cause my excel sheet is a little messed up but i don't care enough to fix it (this is just for fun after all) -- also keep in mind i'm just going by level up which is just a pretty minor part of a movepool

Code:
M533    Fighting    Physical    90    100    Target's stat changes don't affect this attack
curselax/curse miltank killer; 638-640 and 647, the fighting quartet, are the only ones who get this move by level-up. speaking of which, maybe this is a case of what someone mentioned about data being in earlier versions of games -- 647 might be something that is going to be released in the third game of this gen, so while it's clearly in the same series as the other three, its # is not consecutive.

Code:
M483    Bug    Other    ---    ---    Raises user's Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed
jeez this attack is ridiculous it's calm mind + special dragon dance combined.

pokemon who get it:

butterfree, venomoth, beautifly, dustox, masquerain, bastiodon (lol what), dotekkotsu [physical fighting] (533), kurimugan [physical dragon] (621) -- unfortunately not very good distribution, as to be expected by the bug type i guess.

Code:
M487    Water    Other    ---    100    Changes target's type to Water
doesn't do damage so it is probably competitively worthless

Code:
M500    Psychic    Special    20    100    The more the user's stats are raised, the more powerful.
reverse punishment, looks like the majority of the usual psychics get this by level-up. if it goes like the boost for punishment, it's 60 bp after one cm, 100 bp after two cm... so possible could be competitively useful (depends on whether psychic still sucks as an attacking type though lol)

Code:
M504    Normal    Other    ---    ---    Lowers user's Defense and Special Defense, raises user's Attack, Special Attack and Speed
M526    Normal    Other    ---    ---    Raises Attack and Special Attack
interesting but probably not very useful because you'd have to split attacks/evs

Code:
M508    Steel    Other    ---    ---    Raises user's Attack and sharply raises user's Speed
dragon dance 2.0... lol what a troll only gi/gi/gear gets it

Code:
M521    Electric    Special    70    100    Switch with ally
uturn! but with an immunity (i'm not sure if immunities block the effect though) -- emonga is the only one who gets it

Code:
M473    Psychic    Special    80    100    Causes Physical damage
M540    Psychic    Special    100    100    Causes Physical damage
M548    Fighting    Special    85    100    Causes Physical damage
now i'm not sure how these work but they sound kind of interesting. my interpretation is that they allow a special attacker to use his/her special attack stat against the defender's defense stat... in this case, it'll help a lot against blissey.

mew gets 540
basically every psychic type gets 473
548 is not a level up move

i'll leave it to those who know about breeding to guess about which pkmn might get the more competitively viable moves as egg moves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)