1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!

Battle Frontier Max Stats Pokemon Database

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Peterko, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Kryuell

Kryuell

Heracross would like a word.
  2. W.T.

W.T.

If it's supposed to be the toughest place on earth, why is there a Magikar[ at the Battle Frontier?

And why are all the names TYPED LIKE THIS?

Anyways, I am pretty sure that Swampert (Swampert-554, according to the official list at upokecenter.com) is the most epic opponent I've ever run into. I only do the Factory on level 50, and seriously, Counter and Miror Coat without even being a Wobbuffet? He's a pimp awesome, man.
  3. Whiscash

Whiscash

I have always loved the battle frontier of emerald. I can't say it is tough though. Though, I can say it IS harder than the rest of the game. I have basicly mastered it though. Those are some good movesets though. Most of them. I wish I could make a topic like this. I have so many move sets I'd love to show. Sets and lines ups and constructions. :(
  4. vinni57

vinni57

This should help me out if I ever decide to restart and play through emerald, as well as ev training a proper quality team. :happybrain:
  5. BlazingGiratina001

BlazingGiratina001

This is a very good Thread! 5/5
  6. Donny Mae.

Donny Mae.

This is godly. Truely godly.
  7. Feraligaber

Feraligaber

I can't imagine how long this took you. Great job on this. I haven't played the BF in a long time, but if I ever do again, I'll be sure to look at this thread. Well done.
  8. Donny Mae.

Donny Mae.

Peterko, I want your babies.
  9. nikole.957

nikole.957

I don´t know exactly how swapping works...logically while working on this I swapped everytime I saw a "missing"pkmn...I guess the first time this could matter is at 28 wins, because that´s the point where everything gets mixed up..."strong" I think (not sure) means set 4 or higher...so if swapped enough you get like two set 4 pkmn in the 29-35 lineup (yeah I was right, according to serebii 22-28 trades/swaps gives you 2 strong, 4 normal)...another thing I don´t really get is why leggie sets come randomly...sometimes you get 3 legendaries in the 29-35 lineup and battle other leggies, sometimes this happens at 36-42, sometimes not even there...
  10. sople

sople

thanks for good posting
  11. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

list was a huge help, thanks peterko. managed to get emerald's gold symbol in <5 hours, which is kind of ridiculous considering im at close to 300 hours in platinum with no gold. i think the main thing that makes this one so much easier than platinum's (aside from the obvious '42 wins is easier than 49')is that there are mons/teams you can open with in your starting 6 that make it borderline impossible to lose. like, for my 35-42 i opened eq/psy/ib/tbolt latios, twave alakazam, and surf/dt/cm/rest suicune. the only conceivable way i could lose is if something gets lucky and forces me to twave with zam early and set up my cune, then their last mon turns out to be vap or something. beyond that, there just aren't enough scary pokemon in this factory.

compared to 4th gen where even the best teams have glaring counters (i've lost some pretty incredible teams to the focus sash/destiny bond misdreavus), so you can't coast nearly as easily on a good opening roster. oh well, back to platinum lol
  12. GreenWater10

GreenWater10

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I LOVE YOU! This was helpful for me. I still play battle factory, but the battle factory in Sinnoh stinks. I got over 200 BP using this guide, which I used to buy a Blastoise doll. I already had the gold symbol before reading this, but the points add up.
  13. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

this thread makes me want to try my luck again at BF, and yeah i agree BF in sinnoh stinks, as well as the other factories due to the brain's pokemon using the same pokemon generated in the latter parts of the SINNOH Battle frontier.
  14. eddylugia

eddylugia

This thread is really useful, maybe I will try to defeat again the BF (I already did but my cousin deleted the save file D:)
  15. roze1

roze1

my

good post:jump:
  16. cocomunga

cocomunga

My 338 speed Sceptile was outsped by a Salamence that knew Crunch and Double Edge. I didn't see the other moves. No Salamence is listed to be as fast as that, but it for sure was. It didn't Dragon Dance.

Edit: Ops. I see one has a Salac Berry. I didn't notice the berry activating, but that probably is what happened.
  17. Unbreakable

Unbreakable

Just thought I'd point this out:

1) Golem and Golduck are switched around in the OP in terms of alphabetical order.
    2) Noland's first encounter has him using set 3 mons, true to his promise of using rentals. I've never beaten the fourth set, so I wouldn't know about his gold symbol battle.

Knowing that these same Pokemon show up all throughout the Frontier as cpu opponents (save for the non-factory brains, which can be looked up on Serebii and consequently counter-teamed) is incredibly useful! Damage calculation is a bit of a pain, however, seeing as the stats are given as if they all have max EVs and the given nature...
  18. xiaoguo421

xiaoguo421

Appreciate all the things learned from here and congratulations for that great work.
  19. Jellicent

Jellicent Ambien Trance
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I moved this to OI for all you Frontier nerds ^.^
  20. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Got bored and decided to dump the exact EV/IVs of the Brain's mons. For variable ability mons the ability is randomly determined.

Anabel Silver
    Alakazam: Modest, 24s all IVs, 104HP/152Def/100SpAtk/152Spe EVs
    Entei: Lonely, 24s all IVs, 100HP/152Atk/152Def/100SpAtk/4SpDef
    Snorlax: Adamant, 24s all IVs, 152HP/152Atk/104SpAtk/100SpDef

Anabel Gold
    Raikou: Modest, 31s all IVs, 156HP/252Def/100Spe
    Latios: Modest, 31s all IVs, 252HP/252Def/4Spe
    Snorlax: Adamant, 31s all IVs, 252HP/252Atk/4SpAtk

Tucker Silver
    Salamence: Adamant, 20s all IVs, 152HP/152Atk/104Def/100Spe
    Charizard: Quiet, 20s all IVs, 100HP/152Atk/104Def/152Spe
    Swampert: Brave, 20s all IVs, 152HP/152Atk/104Def/100SpAtk

Tucker Gold
    Swampert: Brave, 31s all IVs, 252HP/252Atk/4Def
    Metagross: Brave, 31s all IVs, 252HP/252Atk/4Def
    Latias: Modest, 31s all IVs, 252HP/252Def/4Spe

Brandon Silver
    Regirock: Adamant, 16s all IVs, 152HP/152Atk/4Def/100SpAtk/100SpDef
    Registeel: Adamant, 16s all IVs, 152HP/152Atk/4SpAtk/200SpDef
    Regice: Modest, 16s all IVs, 104HP/152Def/100SpAtk/152SpDef

Brandon Gold
    All 3 birds have the exact same spread: Mild, 31s all IVs, 4HP/252Def/252Spe

Lucy Silver
    Seviper: Brave, 16s all IVs, 252HP/252Def/4SpAtk
    Shuckle: Bold, 16s all IVs, 252HP/104SpAtk/252SpDef (yes that's 100 more EVs than possible)
    Milotic: Modest, 16s all IVs, 152HP/100Def/152SpAtk/100SpDef

Lucy Gold
    Seviper: Bold, 31s all IVs, 252HP/252SpAtk/4SpDef
    Steelix: Brave, 31s all IVs, 252HP/4SpAtk/252SpDef
    Gyarados: Adamant, 31s all IVs, 252HP/4Atk/252SpDef

Greta Silver
    Heracross: Jolly, 20s all IVs, 104HP/152Atk/100SpDef/152Spe
    Umbreon: Calm, 20s all IVs, 152HP/100Def/152SpAtk/104SpDef
    Shedinja: Adamant, 20s all IVs, 252Atk/4Def/252Spe

Greta Gold
    Umbreon: Calm, 31s all IVs, 252HP/252SpAtk/4SpDef
    Gengar: Modest, 31s all IVs, 252HP/252Def/4SpAtk
    Breloom: Jolly, 31s all IVs, 4HP/252Atk/252Spe

Spenser Silver
    Crobat: Adamant, 16s all IVs, 152HP/100SpAtk/104SpDef/152Spe
    Slaking: Hardy, 16s all IVs, 152HP/152Atk/100SpAtk/104Spe
    Lapras: Quiet, 16s all IVs, 252Def/104SpAtk/152SpDef

Spenser Gold
    Arcanine: Hasty, 31s all IVs, 4HP/252Atk/252Def
    Slaking: Hardy, 31s all IVs, 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    Suicune: Hasty, 31s all IVs, 252HP/252Def/4Spe

Noland Silver
    Random team from set 3, IVs all 15s

Noland Gold
    Random team from any set, IVs all 31s

As an aside the IV spreads for mons are always flat (as in all 6 are equal), starting at 0 (?) and going up as the streaks go on. So it is possible, given a set of stats, level, and nature, to work out the exact EV spread for a given Pokémon. Working with the assumption that all 508 EVs are used one can find a solution that gives a flat set of IVs with 508 EVs used.
  21. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Decided to figure out the Battle Factory sets and I noticed something different than I expected: the enemy has completely random IVs. The first Pokémon seems to be straight Method 1 but I can't figure out the second and third ones.

Edit: Confirming EV spreads are either 255/255 or 170/170/170 depending on how many stats have EV investments.

Edit 2: On the first and second streak enemy IVs are random except for the 7th battle where they're all 0. The 6 Pokémon offered at the start have IVs of straight 3s, while on the second round they have IVs of straight 6s...
  22. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Alright, I compiled a list of the Open Level Battle Factory sets into this spreadsheet. I have personally confirmed (read: found, noted down, calculated EV spread) every single set on the first page except for 9 of them, 5 of which may or may not be incorrect as they're similar to another spread that exists. The spreadsheet lists the nature, moveset, EV investment, as well as the round that I found it from the initial offering of 6 Pokémon. Frequent swapping allows one to run into an opponent with a Pokémon from a higher streak, which can skew results. Most notably, there is no round 4 set for Dragonite, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Tyranitar, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, and Latios.

The document also contains the moveset/nature/EV/item info of the Frontier Brains from the other 6 facilities.

As for the missing movesets... hopefully I can figure them out myself, or another user can submit enough information to complete it (item/nature/moveset/stats). I have doubts about certain sets existing though... (R5 Quagsire, R5 Kingdra, and R5 Blissey).

Please read the notes on the first sheet as there is some important information on it.

Edit: I did find some spreads that weren't listed on the main page at all, such as a CB Ursaring.

509 unique sets listed, 9 sets missing (5 of which might be due to confusion with other sets that exist)

Edit 2: Updated to show the max possible speed for each set listed (this assumes speed IV of 31). That way people can plan their spreads ahead.
  23. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

FINALLY a ROM dump of the Frontier sets data. Complete with everything including max stats at level 100 and 50, and a separate column for speed for sorting purposes. I HIGHLY recommend you save the page as a .txt file, and import into Excel using | as the delimiter. The end of the document lists the spreads of the Pokémon used by the Frontier Brains, with the stats from their first encounters being calculated with the actual IVs rather than all 31s.

Sets 373-468 are for Open Level Factory first streak, 469-564 is second streak, 565-660 is 3rd streak, 661-756 is 4th streak, and after that all of sets 373-882 are available to be chosen from.

For the Level 50 Factory sets 249-372 seem to be the sets offered, though I don't know the cutoff points for each streak. I think from the 5th streak onwards it uses sets 372-882 again.

For what it's worth of the 510 sets available to the Factory from streak 5 onwards I found 509 of them before figuring out how to extract the data from the ROM. The ones that I thought didn't exist didn't exist either.

For the Factory the IVs of the enemy are completely random, with the last round always being flat 0s. Noland has all 15s the first time, and all 31s the second time though. The 6 Pokémon offered at the start have flat IVs at the same progression as the Battle Tower, meaning they (and the Tower and probably other facilities?) follow this pattern:

Set 1 - All 3s
    Set 2 - All 6s
    Set 3 - All 9s
    Set 4 - All 12s
    Set 5 - All 15s
    Set 6 - All 21s
    Set 7+ - All 31s

This info is REALLY important so if it could reach the OP that would be great.

Credits to this page (and the links within) for the info I needed to dump the data, and to Kaphotics for helping make my document be both more readable and easier to work with.

Edit: I think that sets are associated with specific trainers like how the B/W Battle Subway does it. I can't be bothered to figure that out.

Edit 2: Changed the order of the sets to reflect their position in the ROM rather than placing the Open Level Factory sets first.

Edit 3: Strange. I think all instances of Return are actually Frustration. I ran into a Gyarados with Frustration in the Factory and when I took it it matched set 460 Gyarados except with Frustration over Return. Perhaps the game picks between the two based on happiness, which tends to be 0, leading to Frustration. Odd because the ROM says it should have Return.

Edit 4: Here is an Excel spreadsheet if you're lazy and don't want to format it nicely. :P

Edit 5: Added Trainer associations to specific sets to both the .txt and the Excel spreadsheet. Disclaimer: Factory seems to be different, though it appears to work for the Battle Tower. Very strange...

Edit 6: Though I have no evidence I've come to the conclusion that the Factory has no trainer associations to specific sets at all. Why would I have been put against a trainer who doesn't have a single Pokémon that is used in the Factory at all?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)