Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeking a 3v3 Triples
Only NFE mons that have fought <2 Matches
Arena: ASB Arena
1 Day DQ
1 Sub
I will ref this when it is accepted, although I might be a little late on DQ once or twice.
So Mr.L and whoever accepts, PM me your pokemon!

Also,

OPEN CHALLENGE

1v1 Training LC Singles
1 Day DQ
All Abilities
Arena: WarioWare, Inc.
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions: No Water Source, No External Grass
Ref instructions: While not compulsory, you may wish to have characters from the WarioWare series issue the challenges. If so, here are some useful images: Wario, Mona, Jimmy T, Kat and Ana, Dribble and Spitz, Dr Crygor, 9-Volt, Orbulon, Ashley, Young Cricket

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

Just stole that right out of the compendium :)

NOTE: Also, please don't use a pokemon that will stall. Send an all out offensive LC Mon.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll take the above. (MrL's Triples).

Abilities: ALL
Items: ON (idc what you use but I'm using my exp share)
Switch: KO
Infinite Recovers / Chills

OPEN CHALLENGE

1v1 Training LC Singles
1 Day DQ
All Abilities
Ref instructions: While not compulsory, you may wish to have characters from the WarioWare series issue the challenges. If so, here are some useful images: Wario, Mona, Jimmy T, Kat and Ana, Dribble and Spitz, Dr Crygor, 9-Volt, Orbulon, Ashley, Young Cricket

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

NOTE: Also, please don't use a pokemon that will stall. Send an all out offensive LC Mon.
EDIT: Damn it Engineer Pikachu >.<

Reffing when this gets an opponent.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
OPEN CHALLENGE

1v1 Training LC Singles
1 Day DQ
All Abilities

Taking this.

Now that another slot slot is free, looking for a Single Battle.

1 Day DQ
One Ability
Arena: Unown Soup
1 Sub
NFE Only

The rest can be decided by my opponent.

Now that another slot slot is free, looking for a Single Battle.

1 Day DQ
One Ability
Arena: Unown Soup
1 Sub
NFE Only

The rest can be decided by my opponent.
Yea sure, why not.
Items = training
Switch = OK, cuz imma troll like dat

Edit: this is middlemons, not LC, correct? (I'm fine with either though)
Edit 2: 3v3 singles match still in need of a subref.

Open Challenge!

Relevé
5v5 Triples
5 chills / 2 recovery
2 subs per mon
NFE Mons
48 Hour Player DQ / 72 Hour Ref DQ
Each player will switch at least one pokemon per round with the one in his pokeball according to the order in which they released initially
(Player 1 sends out - Player 2 sends out > Player 2 switches - Player 1 switches > Player 1 Switches - Player 2 Switches > Repeat)

Babysitter ...
1 FE mon + x NFE mons
5 chills / 2 recovery
1 sub per mon + 1 extra sub
x is a number chosen by the challenger that is greater than two (2) and smaller than six (6)

Arena: The Moonfield

The moonlight shines over the entrance of wide underground arena inside in the middle of the crater caused by a mysterious meteorite, nature has taken its course and is now an underground cave, there is a strange vegetation in bright oranges and purple shadows, the grass is oft, and so is the mosty earth, and a beautiful cascade creates a clear lake in the middle of the crater the odd asteroid created when it collided this place years ago, most of the field is under the earth, with some kind of magic maintaining it sturdy even after repeated earthquakes, but even so the cave is full of light thanks to the exotic lighting, which comes from the hundreds of Clefable gathered there, oh yeah, there are hundreds of these angelic creatures of the cave alreador dancing and singing to the rhythm of the small compass of his magic fingers, this, like the energy released by the meteor has caused the sand has very peculiar properties, first, the gravity is reduced at this location increasing the level of "floating" almost all the pokemon, but it also has an opposite side, Gravity can also be increased, increase chances that everything changes, but those are just some of the effects, in fact any attaque affecting the field in a "ticky" way, will be more powerful than it would under normal conditions, have Clefable wary of floating around, will be nice but also very delicate, and you never know what attacks might come out of them.

Every Move is allowed

Moves powered up by the field:

• Permanent Night (Moves that need light still can use the Moon's as it's the Sun's)
  • Every non-weather field effect has their duration increased in one round (Rooms, Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Safeguard, Tailwind, Screens)
  • Guard/Power/Skill Swap last an extra round
  • Moonlight always restore 35 Hp while Morning Sun does 15 Hp
  • Cosmic Power gives a permanent boost
  • Lunar Dance fully restores the pokemon it's given to

IF Gravity IS NOT in effect (regular effect):

• Pokemon with the Levitate ability are completely immune to Ground attacks
  • Pokemon with the ability to Levitate on Command act as if they had the Levitate Ability
  • Pokemon with a WC of 3 or lower can Levitate on Command
  • Magnet Raise is a permanent status
  • This takes place as soon as the pokemon goes out of the ball, just before it enters the field
IF Gravity IS in effect:

• All pokemon vulnerable to Ground Attacks
  • The Acc of every move is Doubled
  • Pokemon with a WC of 5 or lower have round attacks moved to the next level of weekness (2x ressistant goes to neutral, neutral goes to 2x week, etc...) unless they are affected by the normal level of gravity (Flying types and Levitators (both Ability or by Command))
  • This in addition to regular effects

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I FINALLY REUPHOLSTERED MY TEAM WITH THE STATS THEY'RE MEANT TO HAVE
From August :P
My team is infinitely more proficient now~~

Battle request time~~~~

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles Weakmons
3 Day DQ
No Items
All Abilities

ARENA: Default. There you go, Alch~
I've got this.

Two subs, standards recoveries / chills.

So! I think I'mma set up a 4-player tag battle to ref. Here's the details:
6v6 FE tag doubles (3 pokemon per player)
2 days DQ
2 subs
Recoveries/chills: Up to first player to accept
Items: Up to second player to accept
Abilities: Up to third player to accept
Switch: Up to last player to accept
And the arena is...
The Tower of Heaven (♫Stairway to Revelation)
Field Type: Flying
Complexity: Intense

Restrictions: No water source, No digging, No rain or hail, No Grass Knot

Description: About 20m in diameter, this battlefield is the aerie of the Tower of Heaven, a colossus that extends high into the atmosphere, and home to an entity simply known as the Deity. Golden blocks litter the battlefield, about two to three meters apart, and are both a size and weight class of 1. The battlefield is so high up that it pierces the clouds, which makes rain and hail impossible, but the open sky and all the dust atop the tower make sun and sandstorms viable. The floor is made of tough, thick stone, and is thus impossible to dig through. It's also devoid of water or vegetation, so Grass Knot or certain water moves like surf are impossible. While a pokemon that can fly or levitate can return to the battlefield if s/he is thrown off the tower, those who can't will fall to their deaths (translation: instant KO). Seismic moves are allowed, as the tower somehow repairs damage to it by itself. Finally, since the Deity does run this tower, you must adhere to whatever law He dictates, or else He's gonna smite ya.

The Book of Laws: At the end of each round, the ref will rng d20. Whatever number it hits, the corresponding law in the list below will be in effect for the following round. If a law is explicitly defined to take place on a certain round (e.g. "thou shalt not waste my time" in round 20), then that law will be in effect instead. Only one law will be in effect at a time.

Each pokemon involved in the battle has an individual smite counter, which is set to 1. At the end of each round, if a pokemon at some point in the round has broken the law currently in effect, the deity will smite the offending pokemon, dealing a typeless (10 * smite counter) in damage. Following penalty, the offending pokemon's smite counter will be increased by 1, to a maximum of 5. Switching the pokemon out will reset its smite counter to 1.

The potential laws are as follows:

1: The Book of Laws is blank - No law is in effect this round. Go nuts! By default, this law will be in effect during the first round of battle.
2: Thou shalt not touch the golden blocks - The pokemon may not touch any of the golden blocks littered on the battlefield. If a pokemon is knocked to the ground or hit with a critical, the ref will rng d6. If a 6 is rolled, the pokemon accidentally touches a golden block and will be penalized. Moves that employ telekinesis to throw golden blocks at a foe will not result in a penalty - in fact, connecting such an attack will penalize the enemy!
3: Thou shalt not shake the earth - The pokemon may not use any seismic moves.
4: Thou shalt not touch another living being - The pokemon may not make physical contact with each other or any other living being (e.g. bullet seed, leech seed). If one pokemon touches the other, both will be penalized.
5: Thou shalt not leave the ground - The pokemon may not fly, levitate, jump, or otherwise be in the air. If a pokemon is knocked away or hit with a critical, the ref will rng d6. If a 6 is rolled, the pokemon is lifted from the ground briefly and will be penalized.
6: Thou shalt not walk - The pokemon may not walk, run or slither across the ground. The pokemon may, however, jump across the ground, fly or otherwise travel through the air, provided it doesn't need to walk or run to get momentum going.
7: Thou shalt not tamper with the weather - The pokemon may not use any weather-changing moves or abilities, like sunny day, sand stream or the weather-clearing command of cloud nine. Any current weather in play will not be affected.
8: Thou shalt not incapacitate - The pokemon may not use moves that induce status ailments. Any status inducing moves (e.g. toxic spikes) that were in play before this law came into effect are excluded.
9: Thou shalt not flee - Switching pokemon is prohibited in this round. If a pokemon does switch out, the deity will smite it before the switch takes effect, rather than at the end of the round like usual. If the ref rngs this law in a battle where switching out results in a KO, then s/he will treat it as if s/he rolled a 1 instead.
10: Thou shalt not invoke [type] - Moves of the type specified by the law are prohibited. The ref will rng d17 to determine the type:
1: Normal
2: Fire
3: Water
4: Electric
5: Grass
6: Ice
7: Fighting
8: Poison
9: Ground
10: Flying
11: Psychic
12: Bug
13: Rock
14: Ghost
15: Dragon
16: Dark
17: Steel
11: Thou shalt not be a coward - The pokemon may only use damaging moves. You may use non-damaging moves in a combo attack, provided the combined attack does damage (e.g. Weather Ball with Will-o-wisp). Moreover, the cooldown that follows a combo move will not result in a penalty.
12: Thou shalt not kill - The pokemon may not directly KO the opponent. KOing a pokemon through indirect damage (e.g. Toxic, Leech Seed) will not result in a penalty.
13: Thou shalt not heal - The pokemon may not use recovery or chills. If the ref rngs this law in a battle where recovery is prohibited to begin with, then s/he will treat it as if s/he rolled a 1 instead.
14: Thou shalt not harm - The pokemon may only use non-damaging moves. Indirect damaging moves like toxic or leech seed are allowed.
15: Thou shalt not protect thyself - The pokemon may not dodge or otherwise attempt to prevent damage done to itself (e.g. using barrier to deflect contact moves).
16: Thou shalt not employ thine talents - The pokemon may not use ablilties that can be activated or enabled. If an ability can be disabled, it must be disabled before the end of the round to avoid penalty. Traits and innate abilities will not be penalized.
17: Thou shalt not overpower thine foe - If the percentage of the pokemon's HP exceeds the percentage of its foe's HP by at least 40% by the end of the round (e.g. yours is at 90% HP while your foe's is at 12%), the pokemon will suffer a penalty.
18: Thou shalt not be a weakling - If the percentage of the pokemon's HP is less than the percentage of its foe's HP by at least 40% by the end of the round (e.g. yours is at 12% HP while your foe's is at 90%), the pokemon will suffer a penalty.
19: Thou shalt not speak - Sound-based moves are prohibited.
20: Thou shalt not inflict grievous damage - If a pokemon's attack lands a critical hit, it suffers a penalty.

There's also a law that always takes effect on the 20th round, and again every additional ten rounds:

Thou shalt not waste my time
- The deity is pissed at how long the fight's taking, and smites both pokemon at the end of the round. What an asshole!

So who's up to the task?
Edited it to make it a tag battle instead of a standard fight, but I'm still looking for players to partake in this fight. Anyone?

I'm coming back from retirement, so for my first battle I'm challenging my good friend AxMaster!
1v1 (each player only brings 1 mon)
Singles (duh)
DQ: 2 days (for everyone)
5 Chills, 2 Recovers
Arena: Capture Arena
This is the Capture Arena from Pokemon Ranger 1. It is a basic rectangular indoor arena with a ceiling and no water. The battlefield is a simple grassy field with the ranger logo in he middle. The arena is surrounded with stands filled with eager spectators. Try not to hit them. ;) The catch to this arena is that at the end of each round a random Pokemon will appear. Here are the possible Pokemon and there chance of appearing:

Chikorita
30% Chance
Atk: Rank 2
Attack: Razor Leaf

Torchic
30% Chance
SpA: Rank 3
Attack: Ember

Mudkip
30% Chance
Atk: Rank 2
Attack: Bubble

Rhydon
9% Chance
Atk: Rank 5
Attack: Earthquake

Charizard
Chance: 1%
SpA: Rank 4
Attack: Fire Blast

The Pokemon don't do anything except sit there, however, if a player's attack hits that mon, it will attack the user of that used the attack that hit it. At the end of the next round, a Ranger will capture that mon and it will disappear. A new one will then appear. Make sense? Let me know if you have any questions.

Let's go Ax!

Seeking an open challenge
Basic NFEs only
2 vs 2 singles
Switches= KO
Chills/Recoveries= 0
Items= No
Abilities= 1
Arena: Fallen Stadium
The CAP ASB stadium! With a twist >.> <.< It is dusk, 40 years in the future. A massive Earthquake wrecked the stadium 10 years ago, leaving it in disarray. Vine grow over collapsed pillars that litter the field, and the water evaporated long ago...

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seeking an open challenge
Basic NFEs only
2 vs 2 singles
Switches= KO
Chills/Recoveries= 0
Items= No
Abilities= 1
Arena: Fallen Stadium
The CAP ASB stadium! With a twist >.> <.< It is dusk, 40 years in the future. A massive Earthquake wrecked the stadium 10 years ago, leaving it in disarray. Vine grow over collapsed pillars that litter the field, and the water evaporated long ago...
Let's fight!

One substitution; if I've forgotten anything else then just keep it to the standard.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Let's throw down, anonymous person.

1v1 LC Singles
ASB Arena
1 Day DQ
All Abilities
No recovery / 5 chills / 2 Subs
Training items only

I challenge............someone who wants to accept!!

3v3 singles all NFE.
2 day DQ
All abilities
Recovery? None
5 chills
1 sub
Arena: The DBZ plieminaries room!!!

Arena description:
The arena is 500x500 feet. It turns out that because this is the 1000 martial arts tourney, over 3000 participants have entered!! This means that our battle may have some consequences if our moves miss O_O

Anyway, as we are in an enclosed room, there will be NO weather, water source, digging, or any grass source!! If Seismic moves are used (EQ, Earth Power, Magnitude), then the mon that used it gets a KO warning from the judge for disturbing the other participants. If a mon gets 3 at any point, that mon is considered to be fainted and no KOC is given to the foe. This also applies to damaging moves that miss (Hydro Pump fo example). Fighting moves use no energy in this place.

If a non-damaging move misses, fighters who can sense Ki will retaliate. Here they are: Piccolo, Yamcha, Goku, Trunks, and Vegeta. They will use the following moves on the mon that missed the non-damaging attack:

Piccolo - Special Beam Cannon (treated as a Hyper Beam from Porygon-Z)
Yamcha - Wolf Fang Fist (treated as a Brick break from a Machop)
Goku - Kamehameha (treated as a Hydro Pump in the rain from a Ludicolo)
Trunks - a Sword attack (Treated as a Leaf Blade from a Sceptile)
Vegeta - Big Bang Attack (treated as an Aura Sphere from a Lucario)

These attacks will hit regardless of evasion or immunities. Also, these attacks will be treated as though a neutral nature is of the mon that is attacking.

Who here will brave the arena? Who wants to be the Champion of the World?

Doubles, but Singles is Ok if you want to
Doubles works. Now we just need a ref.

The skinny for any potential refs said:
Babysitter ...
4v4 doubles (1 FE mon + 3 NFE mons)
5 chills / 2 recovery
1 sub per mon + 1 extra sub
Switch = KO
Items = No
Abilities = All

Arena: The Moonfield

The moonlight shines over the entrance of wide underground arena inside in the middle of the crater caused by a mysterious meteorite, nature has taken its course and is now an underground cave, there is a strange vegetation in bright oranges and purple shadows, the grass is oft, and so is the mosty earth, and a beautiful cascade creates a clear lake in the middle of the crater the odd asteroid created when it collided this place years ago, most of the field is under the earth, with some kind of magic maintaining it sturdy even after repeated earthquakes, but even so the cave is full of light thanks to the exotic lighting, which comes from the hundreds of Clefable gathered there, oh yeah, there are hundreds of these angelic creatures of the cave alreador dancing and singing to the rhythm of the small compass of his magic fingers, this, like the energy released by the meteor has caused the sand has very peculiar properties, first, the gravity is reduced at this location increasing the level of "floating" almost all the pokemon, but it also has an opposite side, Gravity can also be increased, increase chances that everything changes, but those are just some of the effects, in fact any attaque affecting the field in a "ticky" way, will be more powerful than it would under normal conditions, have Clefable wary of floating around, will be nice but also very delicate, and you never know what attacks might come out of them.

Every Move is allowed

Moves powered up by the field:

• Permanent Night (Moves that need light still can use the Moon's as it's the Sun's)
  • Every non-weather field effect has their duration increased in one round (Rooms, Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Safeguard, Tailwind, Screens)
  • Guard/Power/Skill Swap last an extra round
  • Moonlight always restore 35 Hp while Morning Sun does 15 Hp
  • Cosmic Power gives a permanent boost
  • Lunar Dance fully restores the pokemon it's given to

IF Gravity IS NOT in effect (regular effect):

• Pokemon with the Levitate ability are completely immune to Ground attacks
  • Pokemon with the ability to Levitate on Command act as if they had the Levitate Ability
  • Pokemon with a WC of 3 or lower can Levitate on Command
  • Magnet Raise is a permanent status
  • This takes place as soon as the pokemon goes out of the ball, just before it enters the field
IF Gravity IS in effect:

• All pokemon vulnerable to Ground Attacks
  • The Acc of every move is Doubled
  • Pokemon with a WC of 5 or lower have round attacks moved to the next level of weekness (2x ressistant goes to neutral, neutral goes to 2x week, etc...) unless they are affected by the normal level of gravity (Flying types and Levitators (both Ability or by Command))
  • This in addition to regular effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)