1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classical

Classical

Who wants to fight le caterpie?
  2. Arcanite

Arcanite

I will!
    Using my Sandile.
    Megumi 'Shades' Kitanigi the Sandile (open)

[​IMG]
    Megumi 'Shades' Kitanigi (M) Sandile

Musical Theme: '
    Twister'

Nature:

Adamant:
    +1 Atk, -1 SpA

Type:

• Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 6 per action Energy Cost to 5 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
    • Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
    Abilities:

• Intimidate: (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.
    • Moxie: (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
    • Anger Point: (DW) (Innate) (Not yet Active) When struck with a critical hit, this Pokemon becomes enraged and its Attack rises to maximum (Stage 6). However, its Attack will drop up to two (2) stages at the end of each round instead of one (1) stage until it reaches stage zero (0). Critical hits from self-targeting moves do not activate Anger Point.

Stats:
    HP: 90
    Atk: Rank 4 (+)
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 1 (-)
    SpD: Rank 2
    Spe: 65
    Size Class: 1
    Weight Class: 2
    Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 2/9
    MC: 0
    DC: 1/5

Attacks: (--)
    Leer
    Rage
    Bite
    Sand Attack
    Torment
    Sand Tomb
    Assurance
    Mud Slap
    Embargo
    Swagger
    Earthquake
    Crunch

Fire Fang
    Pursuit
    Thunder Fang

Taunt
    Rock Slide
    Protect

Need A Ref for that, and these also:

Open Challenge A (Vs. Gerard):
    2 Vs 2 Doubles Training Battle
    Bring 3 Pick 2
    2 Day DQ
    Training Items Only
    Open Challenge B (Vs. The Wolfe):
    2 Vs 2 Singles Training Battle
    Bring 3 Pick 2
    2 Day DQ
    Training Items Only
  3. King Serperior

King Serperior

Still need a ref
  4. Espeon65

Espeon65

Still need a subref

Still need a ref
  5. The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Still lookin' for one.
  6. ThePhalanx

ThePhalanx

Aright. Because of the lack of refs, I've become suicidal and will ref the above challenge (Wanderer vs EndQuote), as well as the one above that (Hartwig vs Espeon).

All four of you PM me your mons.

Why am I doing this
  7. waterwarrior

waterwarrior

I'm insane.

Taking ALL THREE of Arcanite's battles. Arcanite, Wolfe, and Gerard, PM me your mons! (already there for Arcanite vs Classy, so I'll have that up in a moment :3)

While I'm at it, time to promote my own battles!

This still needs a ref.

While I'm at it, OPEN CHALLENGE!

2v2 FE doubles (<=35 moves)
    2 Day DQ
    2 subs
    Switch = KO
    Abilities = All
    Opponent decides the rest
  8. Complications

Complications

Waterwarrior if you change your most recent challenge to 2 vs 2 Doubles I'll accept.
  9. Eternal Drifter

Eternal Drifter

Still awaiting a referee for this...
  10. Complications

Complications

Ok, accepting Waterwarrior's challenge.
    Items=All
    Switch=Derp
    Arena: Boxing ring of heaven!
    Description: In the middle of the dessert, a rectangular pillar of earth 30 feet by 30 rises ten miles into the air. At the top... A Pokemon battling arena! As the arena is made of earth, all seismic attacks are allowed. A thin line of grass along the edge and a five-inch wide moat provide just enough water and vegetation to use grass and water type attacks that require external sources of water. As the arena is so high in the air, all weather bar rain is available. (The arena is above the clouds.) This may all sound nice, but here's the catch: because of the size of the arena, critical hits and attacks that deal 30 damage or more will cause the opponent to fall of the side of the arena. If this happens, the opponent must use their next action to climb back in, at the cost of five energy, negating the command for that action. (This can be subbed against- ie, "If Poliwrath gets knocked out of the stadium, cling on that action and climb up on the following acting in a sense as a form of evasive move.) Because of their innate abilities, flying Pokemom and Pokemon targete by the moves Storm Throw and Frost Breath are not affected by this, and if the opponent uses Focus Energy, only the first instance of attack will knock the target off of the pillar.
    Summary: -All attacks bar Rain Dance are legal
    -Critical hits or attacks dealing 30 or more damage knock the opponent out of bounds.
    -If the opponent is knocked out of the arena, their next action is negated and they must spend that action and 5 energy climbing out
    -The above effect can be subbed against
    -Flying types are immune to the above effect
    -Frost Breath and Storm Throw do not knock the opponent out of the arena
    -Only the first direct attack after Focus Energy knocks the targe out of the arena

Also withdrawing my previous challenge.
  11. Classical

Classical

1v1 battle
    Viridian Forest
    Items: training
    one ability
    switch = ragequit
    no chills/recovers

Viridian Forest (open)

A lush forest full of great bug type pokemon, the caterpie and weedle evoloution lines originated here and thus they gain the abilitiy to Hide, as well as a +2 BAP to all attacks

Hide - If the opponent is focusing on themselves and not on their opponent these pokemon can slip away into the forest, lost forever as one of the numerous other's of it's species.

You will fight Lovely
    Lovely the Caterpie (open)

[​IMG]

Lovely the Caterpie

Nature: Modest (+1 SpA -1 Atk)
    Typing:Bug
    Bug: Bug STAB; more mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gains one extra attack on multi-hit moves, with a cap of five (5).

Abilities

Shield Dust - This Pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)

DW LOCKED - Run away This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Stats
    Atk: Rank 1 (-)
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 2 (+)
    SpD: Rank 1
    Spe: 45
    Weight Class: 1
    Base Rank Total: 10

EC: 0/6
    DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Damaging Moves
    -Tackle
    -Electroweb
    -Bug bite
    -Snore

Non Damaging moves
    -String Shot

I'm sending out two of these challenges.
    One of them is a challenge to matezoide
    The other is open
    Cmon guyz. why you scareddd
  12. Matezoide

Matezoide

Confirming that i accept the battle with Caterpie, the terrible.

Only Mordecai could possibly stand up to that beast's overwhelming mighty.

Show Hide

[​IMG]
    <Omanyte> [Mordecai] (M)
    Nature: Modest (+ Sp.Attack, - Attack)

Type:

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Rock: Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

About: Recently born (and brought back to life), Mordecai has very little memories of his life before the meteor destroyed the world, because of that, he had very little problem accepting Matezoide and his pokemon as a family. Mordecai is very curious to learn about the world he lives in. He is also extremely shy to everyone else, prefering the company of his teammates.

Abilites:

Swift Swim (Innate):

The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.

Shell Armor (Innate):

This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.

Weak Armor (DW LOCKED, Can be enabled):

The Pokemon can loosen its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense and increasing their Speed by one (1) stage for each hit.

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
    Def: Rank 4
    SpA: Rank 4 (+)
    SpD: Rank 2
    Spe: 35
    Weight Class: 1

EC: 1/6
    DC: 1/5

Attacks:

Constrict (*)
    Withdraw (*)
    Bite (*)
    Water Gun (*)
    Rollout (*)
    Horn Attack (*)
    Leer (*)
    Mud Shot (*)
    Ancient Power
    Protect
    Brine

Rain Dance (*)
    Surf (*)
    Hidden Power (7, Electric) (*)

Bide (*)
    Toxic Spikes (*)
    Spikes (*)

13. Eternal Drifter

Eternal Drifter

I'll take your other open challenge. I really need to train this particular Poke'mon.

Fear the Deino
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Deino (Fear) (Female)
    Jolly Nature
    Type: Dark/Dragon
    Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
    Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Ability:
    Hustle: Type: Can be Enabled
    This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Atk: 3
    Def: 2
    SpA: 1 (-)
    SpD: 2
    Spe: 44 (+)
    Weight Class: 2
    Base Rank Total: 13
    Accuracy: +7% (6.6758620689655172413793103448276% Unrounded)

EC: 1/9

Attacks: (19 Moves Known)
    Tackle
    Dragon Rage
    Focus Energy
    Bite
    Headbutt
    Dragonbreath
    Roar
    Crunch
    Slam
    Dragon Pulse
    Work Up
    Dragon Rush
    Body Slam

Fire Fang
    Ice Fang
    Thunder Fang

Toxic
    Protect
    Thief
  14. Imanalt

Imanalt WHY BUNNELBY DO HAVE FUR?
    is a Tiering Contributor

open challenge
    3v3 nfe triples (im bringing 3 mid stage mons)
    acceptor can decide everything else becuase im lazy

(this may need to wait until my trade to get an electabuzz is done)
  15. Espeon65

Espeon65

I'll ref Rediamond vs. Waterwarrior (the arena will be Mr.Heefloot's Magical Type Shop) and Classical vs. Matezoide. PM mons everyone. (Sorry Eternal Drifter and EndQuote, but I suck at reffing triples, and hate it with a passion)

EDIT: Also, sorry waterwarrior vs. Complications; the arena is suicidal for me as a rather unexperienced ref.
  16. Matezoide

Matezoide

No need to PM mons for me and Classical, we already posted the stuff we shall use.
  17. Biobizbarto

Biobizbarto

Open Challenge:
    3 Vs 3 Singles
    2 Day DQ
    Items=Training
    Abilities=All

The rest is up to whoever accepts
  18. TheWolfe

TheWolfe

We still need refs. :D

And

19. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

These still need refs.
  20. Matezoide

Matezoide

Accepting.

Arena = WarioWare.
    Switch = KO
    2 Recovers/5 Chills

Edit: Reffing Alex vs Wolfe.
  21. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

CHALLENGING IAR
    4v4 NFE Singles
    DQ: 2 Days
    Items: ON
    Abilities: ALL
    Switch: OK
    Subs: TWO
    Infinite chills / Recovers

IAR, pick a fun arena!
  22. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

[​IMG]
    "I accept the above!"

Bloons (open)
    Arena: Bloons
    Field Type: Neutral
    Complexity: Moderate
    Format: All
    Restrictions No Water Source, No External Grass, No External Rocks, No Digging

The pokemon are high in the sky on a circular wooden platform with a 100ft diameter. No external water source, rocks or grass can be found on this platform. The platform is too thin to dig through as well, but the wood is strong enough to allow seismic moves.

In addition to any items the pokemon may be holding, each pokemon starts the battle equipped with 5 darts. Once per round, a pokemon may throw a dart for 5 energy with the Throw Dart command. This cannot be Encored or Disabled, but can be prevented by Taunt, Torment and Embargo. The thrown dart will pop a randomly-chosen balloon and that balloon will have a specified effect. Here are the balloons along with their chances of being popped and their effects:
    • Normal balloon (25% chance): no effect
    • Tack balloon (10% chance): deals 10 damage to all opponents
    • Spike ball balloon (10% chance): deals 25 damage to the opponent with the highest health*
    • Bomb balloon (10% chance): deals 25 damage to the opponent with the lowest health*
    • Ice balloon (10% chance): freezes the opponent with the highest health* for 1 action
    • Bee balloon (10% chance): does 10 damage per action to the opponent with the highest health* for 3 actions, shifting between pokemon each action if necessary
    • Extra dart balloon (10% chance): gives the pokemon 1 dart
    • Triple dart balloon (5% chance): gives the pokemon 3 darts
    • Boomerang balloon (5% chance): gives the pokemon 1 boomerang and allows them to use the Throw Boomerang command, which works like throwing a dart except it also does 10 damage to the opponent with the highest health* and can be used while taunted but cannot be used if the pokemon is throwing a dart in the same round
    • Lightsaber Balloon (5% chance): pops 2 balloons from this list (if one of those is another lightsaber balloon, reroll for that balloon)
    * If it's a tie, choose randomly among the tied pokemon with an equal chance for each.

Ref?
  23. Complications

Complications

Still could use a ref please.
  24. UllarWarlord

UllarWarlord

25. Biobizbarto

Biobizbarto

I'll try my hand at reffing IAR and Engineer Pikachu.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)