Be Unpopular or Die! PE Umbreon Dan wins!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Lightwolf

Welcome to Unpopular or Die! Prize Edition. The rules are simple. Each round I will list four fabulous prizes. Contestants private message me with one prize to be added to their Gift Basket. But watch out, everyone who picks the most popular options will be eliminated and lose everything. Prizes start small but get more valuable in later rounds, however in no round are the prizes equal. Will you pick your prizes out of honest greed, or attempt for unpopular options to stay in the game?

Player List
Ace Emerald
Agape
Altair
Aura Guardian
billymills
Blue_Tornado
ButteredToast
Captain Bagman
Cereza
Classical
coolking49
Crux
Da Letter El
Darkpenguin67
Dogfish44
Dr. Eyepatch
Earthworm
Engineer Pikachu
Eo Ut Mortus
evan
Fatecrashers
Flamestrike
HiipFire
Infinity.Cypher
Jalmont
Kharozz
kingofkongs
Lady Salamence
Lightwolf
little gk
Mastadi
Metal Bagon
NidokingKing
Nightmare Jigglypuff
Noodlez
Orcinus Duo
Pernicious
Pwnemon
Quagsires
Raseri
Rediamond
Reyscarface
Rodan
shade
smashlloyd20
Snunch
ssbbm
StevenSnype
TalkingLion
Tan
theangryscientist
Tonykantos
Triangles
Umbreon Dan
UncleSam
Veedrock
Vintage Books
Walrein
waterwarrior
Wild Eep
YAYtears
zorbees

However, the following 29 players all signed up with the same post, simply "In", for a 48% majority.

Engineer Pikachu, Lady Salamence, Altair, Eo Ut Mortus, Da Letter El, Reyscarface, Triangles, Quagsires, Darkpenguin67, smashlloyd20, Jalmont, YAYtears, Snunch, Noodlez, Pernicious, Tan, little gk, Infinity.Cypher, Rediamond, Raseri, TalkingLion, ssbbm, Orcinus Duo, kingofkongs, Blue_Tornado, Mastadi, shade, Ace Emerald, Classical

This is your last warning to stop being so popular.

Crux was the most unpopular, being the only player to post twice. Everyone should start working together to knock this ringer out of the competition.

This competition is brought to you by the unpopular letters G and X.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Round 1

Let's start this off with some cheap and simple prizes. There's nothing here worth getting kicked out of the competition over, and yet more players will probably be eliminated in this round than any other.

Prize #1 Gardettos

This General Mills product dates back to 1931 and was once referred to be the New Yorker as "the gentleman's snack food". With its delicious blend of pretzels, special seasoning, and rye chips (or Dog Biscuits in youth vernacular), a bag of Gardettos is sure to bring gravitas to any frat party or wine tasting.

Prize #2 Crunch Bar

When Hans Crunch first approached Nestle with the idea to mix rice inside of their chocolate, he was laughed out the door. But when America entered the Second World War, Nestle was ordered to produce thousands of candy bars for military rations and the new Crunch Bar was able to fit into two food groups. You too can honor American heroes by winning the only Candy Bar with red white and blue packaging.

Prize #3 Whoopee Cushion

When making your perfect Gift Basket, the rule is to keep it classy. So what is classier than Ancient Rome? That's right, the whoopee cushion was first invented by Roman Emperor Elagabalus. This young emperor was also known for prostituting himself and being assassinated at the age of 18. When you bring this fine prize home to your children, make sure to educate them on its regal origins.

Prize #4 Sushi

Wait, typo...

Prize #4 Sushi Stickers

Stickers are great because they have so many applications. You can decorate your house with them. You can stick them on your friends when they aren't paying attention. You can vandalize public property. You can use them as fake currency in a game of Three Dragon Ante. With Sushi Stickers, you can tactically place them in spots where you are likely to see them when hungry, thus telling yourself that you want to go buy actual sushi (I mean shit Sushi won't keep if I have to ship it to you).

All contestants must PM me with their choices. Deadline is in 48 hours. All who choose the most popular result are eliminated, as are any who fail to PM me their choice.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yo dawgs a coin told me to take the Gardettos.

I highly suggest everyone take something else or you'll have a smaller chance of getting to the better prizes later on.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
voting for Gardettos, highly suggest that everyone who votes for Gardettos says so, just so that we can make sure that we don't go over 15 people, since that would be very very bad for all of us.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
i'm gonna take these sushi stickers! they look so alluring and alluring and useful and make me hungry for sushis!!!!1 i specialy realy like the raw fish sushys sticker theyre nice!!! :3

please plese pleasee let me have them and vote sonething else !!! be nice - i'm new and i have'nt even beaten the game yet....!!

Actually, on second thoughts, I wouldn't mind that Crunch bar.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yo kingofkongs and Cereza why the fuck would you vote Gardettos after I literally just said I was voting for it.

There are no votes for woopie cushion or Crunch Bar yet and you two vote something with votes on it already?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Yo kingofkongs and Cereza why the fuck would you vote Gardettos after I literally just said I was voting for it.

There are no votes for woopie cushion or Crunch Bar yet and you two vote something with votes on it already?
I actually changed my mind before sending the PM and ended up voting for the bar =3

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Yeah, they really better try harder this round.

EDIT: "Largest subset if more than half" is to plurality what supermajority is to majority, but with an arbitrary value rather than a variable. Even in politics where the distinction is supposed to matter plurality is usually called "relative majority" these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)