1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Be Unpopular or Die! PE Umbreon Dan wins!

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by vonFiedler, May 6, 2012.

1. vonFiedler

vonFiedler NOT ULLARS ROLE
    is a Community Contributor

Approved by Lightwolf

[​IMG]

Welcome to Unpopular or Die! Prize Edition. The rules are simple. Each round I will list four fabulous prizes. Contestants private message me with one prize to be added to their Gift Basket. But watch out, everyone who picks the most popular options will be eliminated and lose everything. Prizes start small but get more valuable in later rounds, however in no round are the prizes equal. Will you pick your prizes out of honest greed, or attempt for unpopular options to stay in the game?

Player List
    Ace Emerald
    Agape
    Altair
    Aura Guardian
    billymills
    Blue_Tornado
    ButteredToast
    Captain Bagman
    Cereza
    Classical
    coolking49
    Crux
    Da Letter El
    Darkpenguin67
    Dogfish44
    Dr. Eyepatch
    Earthworm
    Engineer Pikachu
    Eo Ut Mortus
    evan
    Fatecrashers
    Flamestrike
    HiipFire
    Infinity.Cypher
    Jalmont
    Kharozz
    kingofkongs
    Lady Salamence
    Lightwolf
    little gk
    Mastadi
    Metal Bagon
    NidokingKing
    Nightmare Jigglypuff
    Noodlez
    Orcinus Duo
    Pernicious
    Pwnemon
    Quagsires
    Raseri
    Rediamond
    Reyscarface
    Rodan
    shade
    smashlloyd20
    Snunch
    ssbbm
    StevenSnype
    TalkingLion
    Tan
    theangryscientist
    Tonykantos
    Triangles
    Umbreon Dan
    UncleSam
    Veedrock
    Vintage Books
    Walrein
    waterwarrior
    Wild Eep
    YAYtears
    zorbees

However, the following 29 players all signed up with the same post, simply "In", for a 48% majority.

Show Hide
    Engineer Pikachu, Lady Salamence, Altair, Eo Ut Mortus, Da Letter El, Reyscarface, Triangles, Quagsires, Darkpenguin67, smashlloyd20, Jalmont, YAYtears, Snunch, Noodlez, Pernicious, Tan, little gk, Infinity.Cypher, Rediamond, Raseri, TalkingLion, ssbbm, Orcinus Duo, kingofkongs, Blue_Tornado, Mastadi, shade, Ace Emerald, Classical

This is your last warning to stop being so popular.

Crux was the most unpopular, being the only player to post twice. Everyone should start working together to knock this ringer out of the competition.

This competition is brought to you by the unpopular letters G and X.
  2. vonFiedler

Round 1

Let's start this off with some cheap and simple prizes. There's nothing here worth getting kicked out of the competition over, and yet more players will probably be eliminated in this round than any other.

Prize #1 Gardettos

[​IMG]

This General Mills product dates back to 1931 and was once referred to be the New Yorker as "the gentleman's snack food". With its delicious blend of pretzels, special seasoning, and rye chips (or Dog Biscuits in youth vernacular), a bag of Gardettos is sure to bring gravitas to any frat party or wine tasting.

Prize #2 Crunch Bar

[​IMG]

When Hans Crunch first approached Nestle with the idea to mix rice inside of their chocolate, he was laughed out the door. But when America entered the Second World War, Nestle was ordered to produce thousands of candy bars for military rations and the new Crunch Bar was able to fit into two food groups. You too can honor American heroes by winning the only Candy Bar with red white and blue packaging.

Prize #3 Whoopee Cushion

[​IMG]

When making your perfect Gift Basket, the rule is to keep it classy. So what is classier than Ancient Rome? That's right, the whoopee cushion was first invented by Roman Emperor Elagabalus. This young emperor was also known for prostituting himself and being assassinated at the age of 18. When you bring this fine prize home to your children, make sure to educate them on its regal origins.

Prize #4 Sushi

[​IMG]

Wait, typo...

Prize #4 Sushi Stickers

[​IMG]

Stickers are great because they have so many applications. You can decorate your house with them. You can stick them on your friends when they aren't paying attention. You can vandalize public property. You can use them as fake currency in a game of Three Dragon Ante. With Sushi Stickers, you can tactically place them in spots where you are likely to see them when hungry, thus telling yourself that you want to go buy actual sushi (I mean shit Sushi won't keep if I have to ship it to you).

All contestants must PM me with their choices. Deadline is in 48 hours. All who choose the most popular result are eliminated, as are any who fail to PM me their choice.
  3. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

I voted Sushi, wait, it was a typo.

Shoot.
  4. vonFiedler

Fucking autocomplete
  5. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatordefeated the Smogon Frontier

by the time the food reaches some of the participants that live in the other side of the world, it will be perfectly rotten
  6. vonFiedler

Non-perishable prizes only.
  7. UncleSam

UncleSam

Yo dawgs a coin told me to take the Gardettos.

I highly suggest everyone take something else or you'll have a smaller chance of getting to the better prizes later on.
  8. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

yet another messed up name :D voting Gardettos!
  9. kingofmars

kingofmars
    is a Past SPL Winneris a VGC2 Winner

voting for Gardettos, highly suggest that everyone who votes for Gardettos says so, just so that we can make sure that we don't go over 15 people, since that would be very very bad for all of us.
  10. Triangles

Triangles

i'm gonna take these sushi stickers! they look so alluring and alluring and useful and make me hungry for sushis!!!!1 i specialy realy like the raw fish sushys sticker theyre nice!!! :3

please plese pleasee let me have them and vote sonething else !!! be nice - i'm new and i have'nt even beaten the game yet....!!

Actually, on second thoughts, I wouldn't mind that Crunch bar.
  11. UncleSam

UncleSam

Yo kingofkongs and Cereza why the fuck would you vote Gardettos after I literally just said I was voting for it.

There are no votes for woopie cushion or Crunch Bar yet and you two vote something with votes on it already?
  12. Mekkah

Mekkah watashi wa kirai every single one of you kisamas
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Just invent a new strategy and accept this "claiming" one is getting old already.
  13. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

i voted for the bag of fritos as i said in my signup post
  14. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

I just chose completely randomly and ignored what everyone posted. I encourage everyone else to do the same.
  15. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I voted gardettos before it was cool
  16. Vintage Books

Vintage Books

Gosh those sushi stickers are amazing.
  17. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

farts are funny
  18. NidokingKing

NidokingKing

Crunch bar is always the way to go, don't know what everyone else is smoking...
  19. Pernicious

Pernicious

hey I'm gonna pick something and you better not pick the thing i picked

ok i picked it don't pick that thing now
  20. Tan

Tan

I wanted sushi!
  21. UncleSam

UncleSam

If this were any old Unpopular/Die contest I'd agree with you.

But when Fritos and Crunch Bars are on the line I really don't care how "old" a strategy is.
  22. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

I actually changed my mind before sending the PM and ended up voting for the bar =3
  23. TalkingLion

TalkingLion

Guys why don't we all go for the Crunch Bar since we all know that everyone wants that.
  24. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

Just noticed this.

Really?

EDIT: For double clarity
  25. vonFiedler

Yeah, they really better try harder this round.

EDIT: "Largest subset if more than half" is to plurality what supermajority is to majority, but with an arbitrary value rather than a variable. Even in politics where the distinction is supposed to matter plurality is usually called "relative majority" these days.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)