Beartic

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Mad cute~?

I'll give you Seed Bomb because GF went completely hog-wild with the Move Tutor for that. Though Needle Arm makes more sense with frozen fur, disregarding the Grass typing, but I hope GF doesn't waste a tutor on that.

The only non-water-type Pokemon with Aqua Tail with a short tail than Beartic is Rhyhorn, who has no tail but evolves to have a massive tail like all the other non-water-type Pokemon. They could change his HM learn-set for the next game and allow him to learn Waterfall, but that's the best chance he has for a decent Water attack.

We've had a Fire-type with Water moves, Water-types with Electric moves, why not another Bear with Fire Punch? If you look at all the Ice-types, Beartic is the only one that could throw a strong punch (Weavile has sticks for arms) and one of 5 that could even make a fist. (Jynx, Weavile, Froslass, & Abomasnow)

Typing should really have nothing to do with the punches. By that logic, no Non-Ice-type should ever learn Ice Punch because nothing has the ability to freeze opponents into a solid block of ice with a punch. Same concept applies to the other punches & the fangs.

Since 3rd Gen they've been giving Pokemon just their realistic moves, then throwing that idea out the window and goes completely Digimon giving them freaking crazy moves, leather jackets, guns, and everything they could never dream of getting with the move tutors every gen.

Realism aside, I hope they give Beartic everything he could want. Agility, Elemental Punches, Seed Bomb, Aqua Tail, Waterfall, just everthing. But for now, Encore, Taunt, & Swords Dance are Beartic's only niche, and not a good one at that. Make the best of it I guess. :/

It's looking pretty grim for my favorite bear (no not Ursaring). Here's to hoping that the inevitable 3rd version makes Beartic better.

At least it still looks badass. Ya gotta give it that. ;)

@Katakiri

He's a scorpion bat, as well as being Ground/Flying before Landorus. I'm pretty sure this thing would eat itself if it were real. It outclasses Landorus on the wut scale.

I agree with Kindrindra. I'm a big trick room and Beartic fan myself, and I've used this thing in a trick room enviorment. It has some potential. Screw Swift Swim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)