I used this set in RU once.
Shelgon @Eviolite
252 Def, 252 HP, 4 SpD
+Def, -SpA
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic
-Dragon Claw

No one expected it. Wish support Dragons!

wheres munchlax? I swear that thing is beast with eviolite

Munchlax@Eviolite
252hp 252 def 4spd
bold
-toxic
-counter
-protect
-rest
that moveset sucks when you die to alakazam, one of the first things that you're supposed to win against. in fact, that moveset means that you die to roserade and nidoking as well, which is strange considering munchlax is supposed to be a special wall. and finally, snorlax exists with his way better offensive presence.

arguably speaking this brings nothing to the table, using this just makes me feel "god, chansey is like over 9000x better". i wouldn't mind eviolite munchlax but there really needs to be something that can distinguish itself from chansey/snorlax.

i'd probably suggest body slam/whirlwind/sleep talk/rest but idk if munchlax learns whirlwind to begin with

Munchlax is mainly meant for lower tiers, I feel, when like you said Chansey and Snorlax exist and do much more for the team.

However, they are not available in lower tiers, so Munchlax likely makes a formidable wall. I don't play lower tiers, so idk, simply theorymon.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But this is UU, not the lower tiers...?
UU is technically in the top half of tiers, and it still has a considerable power creep, so it could be considered a higher tier. Munchlax just isn't gonna hang with pokes with better defenses when it can't hit hard like its big brother.

Munchlax is mainly meant for lower tiers, I feel, when like you said Chansey and Snorlax exist and do much more for the team.

However, they are not available in lower tiers, so Munchlax likely makes a formidable wall. I don't play lower tiers, so idk, simply theorymon.
iirc Munchlax is one of the top mons in RU

Cool sets

I am going to have to try out some of these. Surprisingly shelmet with eviolite is a great spiker and toxic stalker. Not sure if anyone said machoke yet but he works great as well

Sayonara

don't forget
Magneton and Murkrow are two pretty good eviolite users, as it gives a considerable boosts to their already rather decent defenses.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Magneton and Murkrow are two pretty good eviolite users, as it gives a considerable boosts to their already rather decent defenses.
murkrow's defenses are horrible, they are like, 60/42/42 but murkrow IS a good user of eviolite

murkrow gets featherdance and roost so it gives off the impression of *decent defense*, unboosted + eviolite is like base 75.

but hey, murkrow's main use is prankster, i doubt without prankster it would even be mentioned.

I have a theoretical setup, now that I have a good place to put it I was wondering what you think of it.
Lairon @ Evolution Stone

Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 0 Atk / 252 Def / 0 SAtk / 0 SDef / 4 Spd
Impish Nature/Rash Nature
- Iron Defense
- Metal Burst
- Head Smash
- Double-Edge???

the theory is quite simple. eviolite boosts defenses to very high levels, and a sandstorm boosts SpD even more. it plays as follows: switch into a non-threat forcing the switch. take advantage of the switch setting up iron defense. use available attacks as a potent-ish threat. the cool thing is it will draw counters hoping to take advantage of it's 4X weaknesses, but is tough enough to handle life orb lucario's close combat and metal burst nearly ko's or ko's back (I forget which). I am left with some questions though. 1) does an impish nature or a rash nature provide greater benefit to the set? 2)what should I put in the fourth slot, I simply don't see what would be best. 3) most importantly, how do eviolite and sandstorm stack? 4) would an alternative EV setup be better? any input would be appreciated as I am not all that familiar with this type of setting up.

Rash is terrible and nonsensical on that set.

Also there are much better physical walls than Lairon(mainly ones that don't die to incredibly common fighting attacks) and it's useless as a special wall due to it's stats. Offensive Roserade 2HKOs in even in sand.

the idea was actually to draw the counters and hit them hard with metal burst rather than actually wall anything, but point taken.
also I meant careful instead of rash, I was reading my chart backwards.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Murkrow is a beast with Perish Trapping-- Anyone mention Grotle? That thing is really bulky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)