Best Users of EVIOLITE

Hmm, true. Pineco is still good, but not as good as its' evolution. Steel typing is a godsend in Sand, and it gives a load of immunities and resistances too.

you might get somewhere with 50/85/65 defenses and Recover, but that's about it.

annoying that it didn't get a Steel typing or Power Split though >.<
i used him in OU for a while. with a fully defensive set with amnesia i think (either that or struggle bug.)

SHELMET @eviolite
ability: hydration

rest
amnesia/struggle bug
toxic
filler

WORKED LIKE A CHARM.

breh

強いだね
I know (I think this was his name?) Psychic Mushrooms (I feel like the first word is wrong, but anyway) used it against my old team, much to my irritation. It actually has really nice physical defence and stats roughly akin to those of deoxys D when it has 252 HP / 252 def impish.

I was thinking this:

Vigoroth@Eviolite
Careful
184 HP/196 Atk/56 Def/72 SpD

Return
Encore
Bulk Up
Slack Off

Maybe Shadow Claw to not get pwned by ghosts?

I'd rather run Body Slam and Shadow Claw than Return and Encore, Return is more powerful but a parahax is always a plus. Shadow Claw is for not being rolled by Ghost, obviously. I was even thinking of using Brick Break over a STAB move. It provides better coverage, but lack of STAB sucks pretty much.

Something I used to use in UU (It could work in RU, seeing as Venomoth is still in it.)

Vigoroth @ Bulk Up/Slack Off/whatever
Venomoth @ Quiver Dance/BP/whatever

If Venomoth can even send one QD to Vigoroth, it's going to be very tough to take down without Toxic.

A really good pokemon to use is a grotle it is a monster at walling

Grotle
Item eviolite
Ability Shell armor
Nature Careful
EVs HP 252 DEF 128 SPDEF 128
Stockpile
Leech Seed
Synthesis
Seed Bomb/Toxic

With the Eviolite his def is +300 and spdef is +320 one stockpile puts it at +400 with big Hp and leech seed
help he can wall thing to death and the ability to not be hit by critical hits is really handy and synthesis to heal you
he can wall things really well

I personally see no point in using Eviolite Rhydon when Rhyperior's a superior choice in every tier. Face it, guys. Solid Rock + item freedom >>> Eviolite - useful Abilities.

Tangela
Item eviolite
Ability Regeneration
Nature Careful
EVs Hp 252 Def 128 Spdef 128
Toxic
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
PowerWhip

What i use :3

Do you people even glance at a pokemon's stats before you make a set? I can't tell you how many times I have seen this, I mean seriously. Tangela's base attack is fucking 55, while its special attack is freaking 100! Use a special move! Giga drain, energy ball, heck even leaf storm is better.

Besides, Majestic, this is a set I see sometimes.

Bold / Eviolite / Regenerator
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Sp. Defense

Supposedly an epic physical wall, but in this Special-heavy tier where Yanmega is king, it inevitably fell in usage. It's a shame, really; I loved setting up on this thing with my Porygon-Z. XD

Zweilous is awesome!!! Have you used it in Trick room? I haven't used it much and IT ALWAYS MISSES ITS OUTRAGE...Gurdurr seemed really good. Foresight+Drain Punch wow...Just worried about flyers and psychics...

Do you people even glance at a pokemon's stats before you make a set? I can't tell you how many times I have seen this, I mean seriously. Tangela's base attack is fucking 55, while its special attack is freaking 100! Use a special move! Giga drain, energy ball, heck even leaf storm is better.
is it worth noting the combination of leaf storm + power swap? Still, I doubt energy ball has a point compared to giga drain, especially since it's legal with regenerator. Also, doubt it matters much, but on the subject of psychic support... amnesia's also in the moveset.

Has anyone else tried eviolite Kadabra with Magic Guard?
I've been toying with the EVs but I use these moves:
Recover
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind

First post

if you are looking for a defensive psychic, use duosion, who gets the same ability, basically same move pool, but better defenses. otherwise, alkazam outclasses kadabra.

Has anyone else tried eviolite Kadabra with Magic Guard?
I've been toying with the EVs but I use these moves:
Recover
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind

First post
Kadabra's defensive stats aren't that great so by putting eviolite on him is a waste of a poke. I think you should try duosion of you're looking for a defensive Psychic type.

Kadabra's defensive stats aren't that great so by putting eviolite on him is a waste of a poke. I think you should try duosion of you're looking for a defensive Psychic type.
Better yet, just use Beheeyem. It has better HP, Def and SpDef (even when Duosion has Eviolite) and the same SpA.

People think Duosion can function like a mini-Reuniclus in the lower tiers but the fact is without that 110 HP stat, Duosion isn't very defensive at all, even with Eviolite.

Regenerator actually make leaf storm quite a good option
Lickitung can use rest, sleep talk, dragon tail/roar, and curse/amnesia to phaze if you can get hazards up.

Needz more Shelgon love. (DW Specific, but whatever)

Shelgon (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SDef / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

With a beastly Defense stat (Physical attackers lacking a Dragon or Ice move fail to to significant damage to it), decent Special Defense stat, great Attack, and ok (read as: mediocre) speed that is remedied by Dragon Dance, Shelgon is a top-tier Dragon type...
OK, not really. But it provides
1. A niche as the only Dragon Type bar Kyurem immune to hail (Kyurem is DW BL and Wifi BL on PO server, where I normally play UU)
2. One of the only Pokemon immune to hail that also resists Fire, a common weakness in hail teams
3. It's weak to Dragon... but Escavalier can solve that. It's weak to Ice... but Hail users are primarily Ice type, and so are immune to Ice (not Abomasnow though, although neutrality is acceptable. Walrein and Regice are who you should be looking at.)

This set functions mostly as a hail sweeper set, due to the outraegeous shortage of Hail offense. Hail helps it and hurts it. While breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy (as well as stack residual damage on Life Orb 'mons), it unfortunately means that Blizzard has 100% accuracy. Seriously, Shelgon would be infinitely more useful with a better Special Defense set.

-Dragon Dance boosts attack and speed, making you able to become somewhat threatening after +1, maybe a little scary at +2, and downright devastating at +3 and above. Common scarfers/revengers like the ever-present Darmanitan and Entei fail to do significant damage, while being KO'd by Dragon Claw when you have enough boosts.

-Rest is here because Eviolite = no lefties :( It disables you for 3 turns (one turn of recovery, 2 turns of napping), but DOES restore you to full HP and cure status like Burn, Paralyzation, and Poison/Toxic. This means that while Quaggy spams burn and Toxic, you set up to +6, and while you can't use your boosts against it, it can't phaze you, while you kill it slowly. Stockpile is a bitch though, switch in something with a Grass-type move (like Virizion, Mixed Metagross if it's UU on Smogon)

-Dragon Claw (Do I really need to explain its STAB move)

-Fire Fang rounds off my 2 move perfect coverage in UU since Heatran is OU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)