Best Users of EVIOLITE

Until you factor in its typing :P
Steel/Rock does have a few resists, but unfortunately, it has two 4x weaknesses, which severely messes with their walling abilities. That's why Shieldon and its' evo, Probopass, and Aron and its' evos don't do too well in this Fighting and Ground type and move-flooded metagame. Being weak to two of the most common attacking types in the game = OH SHIT.

Though I have seen it mentioned a few times I can't find a bayleef set in here which is surprising as I have it to be INSANELY bulky. Here is the set I have been using

Passion (Bayleef) (F) @ Eviolite Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Synthesis
- Light Screen
- Leech Seed
- Toxic\Energy Ball

this thing can come in on almost anything and set up seeds.

It can even take SE better than most.

Though I have seen it mentioned a few times I can't find a bayleef set in here which is surprising as I have it to be INSANELY bulky. Here is the set I have been using

Passion (Bayleef) (F) @ Eviolite Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Synthesis
- Light Screen
- Leech Seed
- Toxic\Energy Ball

this thing can come in on almost anything and set up seeds.

It can even take SE better than most.
Hmmm, I might need to test this thing out and see how well it does. Overall, it looks pretty good, and its' defenses aren't all too bad. With Eviolite, they should be good enough to withstand some blows.

Could be more of because Bayleef is like a complete joke: weak offense, slow, etc. Guess who fits that characteristic?

Good day sir, I've much more awesome defenses, a fixed damage move, and an actual way to cripple anything that is physical permanently.

Plus with Arcanine and Victini running around the tier, as well as the occasional Hail team, I can't see a bright future for Bayleef at all.

I'd say Eviolite Klang would be generally better than Klinklang under Trick Room because of lower Speed, more bulk with the item and equal Special Attack.

these are my 2 main Eviolite Pokemon and sets that I run

Lileep @Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Sassy (+Sp.Def - Spe)
EVs: 4 Sp.Atk 252 Def 252 Sp.Def
Moves:
1: Recover
2: Energy Ball
3: Toxic
4: AncientPower

Wartortle @Eviolite
Ability: Rain Dish/Torrent
Nature: Calm (+ Sp.Def - Atk)
EVs: 4 HP 252 Def 252 Sp.Def
Moves:
1: Mirror Coat
2: Scald
3: Ice Beam
4: Protect/Aqua Ring

Use Aqua Ring if your either not using Wartortle in a rain team or are running Torrent if not use Protect to stall for Rain Dish recovery

these are my 2 main Eviolite Pokemon and sets that I run

Lileep @Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Sassy (+Sp.Def - Spe)
EVs: 4 Sp.Atk 252 Def 252 Sp.Def
Moves:
1: Recover
2: Energy Ball
3: Toxic
4: AncientPower

Wartortle @Eviolite
Ability: Rain Dish/Torrent
Nature: Calm (+ Sp.Def - Atk)
EVs: 4 HP 252 Def 252 Sp.Def
Moves:
1: Mirror Coat
2: Scald
3: Ice Beam
4: Protect/Aqua Ring

Use Aqua Ring if your either not using Wartortle in a rain team or are running Torrent if not use Protect to stall for Rain Dish recovery
For both of these Pokemon, max out HP then raise the defense that you wanna be tanking hits on. Lileep seems like it would do better on the special side, while Wartortle looks better on the physical side.

Could be more of because Bayleef is like a complete joke: weak offense, slow, etc. Guess who fits that characteristic?

Good day sir, I've much more awesome defenses, a fixed damage move, and an actual way to cripple anything that is physical permanently.

Plus with Arcanine and Victini running around the tier, as well as the occasional Hail team, I can't see a bright future for Bayleef at all.
True. Dusclops is epic, and unfortunately for Bayleef, because of all the hard hitters in UU, it doesn't seem like it'll have too much luck. I'll try it and see how it fares before I count it out completely.

....Dusclops can't use leech seed or aromatherapy.
In fact dusclops can benefit by having bayleef on the same team as I know it would like seeds on it's foe thanks to it's utter crap HP stat, leech seed should heal it a ton.It also likes bayleef for the fact that it can remove any status it acquirers. Bayleef likes dusclops for the fact it is also very bulky and that can take all the bug type moves heading for it which it can then Will-O-wisp. As you can see they both have different roles they fill on a team and that they can fight even better together.

In fact dusclops can benefit by having bayleef on the same team as I know it would like seeds on it's foe thanks to it's utter crap HP stat, leech seed should heal it a ton.It also likes bayleef for the fact that it can remove any status it acquirers. Bayleef likes dusclops for the fact it is also very bulky and that can take all the bug type moves heading for it which it can then Will-O-wisp. As you can see they both have different roles they fill on a team and that they can fight even better together.
I never said Bayleef was crap, and it could work if your Bayleef is Physically bulky, while Dusclops was specially bulky. W-O-W would help Bayleef with taking physical hits, except for Arcanine and Victini, since they're immune, so even with Bayleef's bulk, it still probably isn't going to take a V-create very well, sun or not.

then use a flash fire mon with it as well (arcanine works)

besides that mandibuzz I was talking to tm13icebeam

also icebeam I am a fan of fire emblem myself so I also can't wait for New mystery

Oh. -_- Meh. You could use a dual screen Bayleef with Aromatherapy and maybe Synthesis, but you'd be total taunt bait. You could use Leech Seed too, honestly.

Scyther (mentioned already) could potentially SD up, pop a tailwind and baton pass out. Eviolite should make him bulky enough to pull this off under the right circumstances.

Even if you want Leech Seed, you can also run Ferroseed, who's similarly bulky, has a good ability, and is immune to Sandstorm. Not to mention a far better typing. As for Aromatherapy, you're outclassed by Shaymin or Chansey, both of which does it much better. Dual Screens aren't exactly the most important thing in UU, and Bayleef can't use a Light Clay(or you could might as well run Meganium)

Eviolite Ferro is underestimated. It has good defenses and access to entry hazards. It actually works in OU(sometimes, lol).
Uh, there's no reason to use it over Ferrothorn. Don't give the "LOWEST SPEED IN THE ENTIRE GAME" stuff, since Gyro Ball's power's capped at 150, which Ferrothorn SHOULD be hitting 99% of the time.

Eviolite Ferroseed is rather cool though. One thing I forgot to mention is that its HP stat is even lower than Bayleef, so Leech Seed heals back a higher % of HP.

Eviolite Ferro is underestimated. It has good defenses and access to entry hazards. It actually works in OU(sometimes, lol).
It's not really underestimated... Ferroseed is actually used quite a bit on RU teams. There really is no reason to use it over Ferrothorn though.

....I get the feeling you don't like bayleef very much....
there's really no point in Bayleef when dual screens just doesn't cut it(MEGANIUM IS BETTER) and Ferroseed can run Leech Seed, with a better typing/ability to boot. As for cleric purposes, Chansey pretty much wins in that department. To finish it up, Shaymin has access to BOTH Leech Seed and Aromatherapy and is extremely bulky too...

Would Pineco with Eviolite be viable? I dunno if it's already be mentioned, but it has pretty good defenses, Sturdy, and it gets all three forms of hazards through egg moves and level-up moves. The Steel-typing would help a whole lot, but would it work without it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)