Best Users of EVIOLITE

Shuckle + Eviolite + Sandstorm = SPECIAL WALL. Not even its low HP and lack of recovery would hinder that. XD

Now, let's get back to things that can actually USE the Eviolite as of now, okay?

I'm sure there's no point in Trapinch using it (unless no one uses it with Trick Room anymore), but Vibrava? It's got 50/50/50 Defenses and a quadruple weakness to Ice. It's below average everywhere else too, so it can't even be used well in the lower tiers.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lairon is a really good user of Eviolite (especially on a sandstorm team). With a 252 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Def Careful spread it hits 324 417 327 or 490 in sandstorm.

Wouldn't Misdreavus work? It's got some nice tools like Calm Mind and Nasty Plot for boosting, and it would take special hits pretty nicely with the ability to hit back. It also has pain split, which is lovely. Misdreavus could also annoy with status and then hit with a STAB hex. Although Dusclops is way bulkier of a ghost, Misdreavus can use its decent special attack, which Dusclops lacks. Recover would have sealed the deal, but unfortunately, Misdreavus doesn't get it :/

And of course this isn't really a real suggestion but I would totally use Eviolite Gloom, just because I love Gloom, haha. :}

Cofag is bulkier than Missy and the only thing Missy has that Cofag doesn't is a better movepool and better speed.

A few pages back I thought about Misdreavus pulling off maybe a WoW/bulky set (outclassed by pretty much every bulky Ghost), a Perish-Trapping set (outclassed by Murkrow), and a CM set (outclassed by Cofagrius).

"It could work for a Bulky set." I would say that, but EvioBite has no Leftovers and no recovery outside of Rest. It's better with a Scarf.

Heres a good Physical wall with evo:
Tangela
Regenerator @ Eviolite
252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 6 Attack
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Reflect
-Power Whip

This thing is much more physically bulky than his big brother Tangrowth and with a refect up can take a Flare Blitz from a Darmanitan. With reflect he can set up 1 screen for your frailer pokes and with the sleep powder he can immobilize 1 threat so they will either have to switch or try to wake up giving you the oppertunity to come in and sweep with something or just bring a better attacker in. The power whip is so that he can deal some damage and with Leech Seed there is no need for leftovers which makes him a great eviolite user, also switching out with regenerator helps with the recover that some other eviolite users dont have.

Shelgon can make a good physical wall with nice resistances to 4 common attacking types in electric, grass, fire and water

Shelgon @ Eviolite
252 HP / whatever you want
Ability: Rock Head Nature: Impish
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar / Toxic / Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Toxic

With Impish 252HP / 200Def
Adamant Max Atk Arcanine Flare Blitz 14.67-17.37%
Adamant Max Atk Arcanine Close Combat 19.46-23.1
Adamant Max Atk Heracross Megahorn/CC 46.41-54.49%

Can work well with a bulky water on the special side like Milotic or Empoleon to take the Ice attacks aimed at him (and even Dragon attacks if using Empoleon)

I wonder if Munchlax usage would shoot up in UU after the banhammer inevitably bonks Chansey on the head. Munchlax has ridiculous Sp. Defense and great Defense after Eviolite, and along with Toxic, Body Slam, and other annoying moves, it gets a phazing move in Whirlwind!

I actually saw the same gimmick Eelektross set that I posted being used on Eelektrik (Second-stage's name). It was pretty much this:

Eelektrik @ Eviolite
Possibly Brave/Relaxed/Sassy
252HP, and split Atk/SpA EV's if Brave/Quiet, or split Def/SpD EV's if Relaxed/Sassy
Dragon Tail
Coil
Zap Cannon
Rest
Eelektrik can't learn Dragon Tail. :S It's kind of weird that it can't, but it can't. Eelektross can though.

Shelgon can make a good physical wall with nice resistances to 4 common attacking types in electric, grass, fire and water

Shelgon @ Eviolite
252 HP / whatever you want
Ability: Rock Head Nature: Impish
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar / Toxic / Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Toxic

With Impish 252HP / 200Def
Adamant Max Atk Arcanine Flare Blitz 14.67-17.37%
Adamant Max Atk Arcanine Close Combat 19.46-23.1
Adamant Max Atk Heracross Megahorn/CC 46.41-54.49%

Can work well with a bulky water on the special side like Milotic or Empoleon to take the Ice attacks aimed at him (and even Dragon attacks if using Empoleon)

I do not believe that Shelgon does get Wish. Maybe a Rest Talk set would help it still get recovery?

I do not believe that Shelgon does get Wish. Maybe a Rest Talk set would help it still get recovery?
Shelgon received Wish from a Gen 3 event in 2004 or something from its' pre-evo, Bagon. It wasn't a well-known event, I don't think. A few other Pokes like Lickitung and Chansey received Wish as well.

it was a well enough known event...Wish Chansey and Lickitung are well-noted enough...

...people just didn't give a damn because Roost exists.

Yeah, but there was also Kangaskhan and other Pokes no one really cared about, since Chansey/Blissey (and to a lesser extent, Lickitung and Lickilicky) can now pass huge Wishes to their teammates, and Vaporeon and Alomomola can too. Roost, Recover, Softboiled, Slack Off, and Heal Order (Vespiquen and Smeargle only) are more reliable recovery until the Wish mechanics changed in Gen V.

Wouldn't Misdreavus work? It's got some nice tools like Calm Mind and Nasty Plot for boosting, and it would take special hits pretty nicely with the ability to hit back. It also has pain split, which is lovely. Misdreavus could also annoy with status and then hit with a STAB hex. Although Dusclops is way bulkier of a ghost, Misdreavus can use its decent special attack, which Dusclops lacks. Recover would have sealed the deal, but unfortunately, Misdreavus doesn't get it :/

And of course this isn't really a real suggestion but I would totally use Eviolite Gloom, just because I love Gloom, haha. :}
Evo Gloom actually sounds pretty viable, with Sleep Powder, Synthesis/Moonlight, Toxic, and Giga Drain/Filler move. It may work, since Gloom's defenses are 60/70/75 without Eviolite, so with it, they'll be 60/105/112, I believe. It might work, and it might not. :} Misdreavus is a pretty good Evo user, from the looks of it. Even though its' HP is sorta blahh, its' defenses are passable with Eviolite, and it can use Perish Looking to take Pokes out like Murkrow can do, although a lack of a recovery item does screw it over, and Murkrow gets Roost, so yeah. >.>

EDIT: Ninja'd post. :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)