Blaziken

I'm bad at making sets, so just bear with me, but what about something like this.

Blaziken @Life Orb
-Substitute
-Hi Jump Kick
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge/Hidden Power/Protect

I don't know if this is a good set, but you could switch in on something weak to blaziken, set up a substitute on the switch, (if you choose to use protect instead of coverage, use it after you set up a sub) and after they break your sub, speed boost will have activated and you willhave the advantage and you can start your mixed sweeping.

again I'm sorry if this is bad, but the main idea is that blacken could use some stall tactics to have speed boost set up early. just an idea.

I'm bad at making sets, so just bear with me, but what about something like this.

Blaziken @Life Orb
-Substitute
-Hi Jump Kick
-Fire Blast

I don't know if this is a good set, but you could switch in on something weak to blaziken, set up a substitute on the switch, (if you choose to use protect instead of coverage, use it after you set up a sub) and after they break your sub, speed boost will have activated and you willhave the advantage and you can start your mixed sweeping.

again I'm sorry if this is bad, but the main idea is that blacken could use some stall tactics to have speed boost set up early. just an idea.
If you're forced to use Substitute multiple times, Life Orb damage will catch up to you, making Blaziken die more quickly. I feel that a Liechi or Petaya Berry would be better in place of Life Orb (Liechi if you're using Stone Edge or Petaya for Hidden Power).

(sorry if stated before) but what about custap berry + baton pass ?(the berry that gives priority in a pinch) Use SD, attemp to sweep and when custap activates (use endure or subs maybe), pass your statuses to some big sweeper like metagross.

Blaziken @Life Orb
-Substitute
-Hi Jump Kick
-Fire Blast

Hi Jump Kick could miss and u will take it all paired with Life Orb and Substitute ...

Hi Jump Kick could miss and u will take it all paired with Life Orb and Substitute ...
The OP really should edit with this:

Hi Jump Kick is now guaranteed to always inflict 50% of the maximum HP of the pokemon that uses it as recoil if it misses.

Since Blazkien (or rather Torchic) has been confirmed for a very soon dream world release, and we know that DW abilities are now legal with egg moves (A la Serebii), has no one suggested a baton pass set?

Blaze can baton pass speed boosts as well as sword dances.
I'll make a moveset in a while.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Actually, from the looks of it, all event-only DW mons will be male-only, meaning that Blaziken will not have Speed Boost+Baton Pass.

Such a travesty, I say.

Actually, from the looks of it, all event-only DW mons will be male-only, meaning that Blaziken will not have Speed Boot+Baton Pass.

Such a travesty, I say.
that isn't confirmed. thers still that 12.5% chance of it being a female,but don't you think a baton passing blaziken with speed boost like the same thing as baton passing ninjask.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
that isn't confirmed. thers still that 12.5% chance of it being a female,but don't you think a baton passing blaziken with speed boost like the same thing as baton passing ninjask.
There's also an event-only Croagunk (1:1 gender ratio) which has been male-only too. Considering we need a DW female, DW Ditto does not work and that event-only pokémon are meant to be rare, I'd say it's perfectly safe to say Blaziken will never be female in this event.

true, but blaziken would have several advantages over ninjask:
-no 4x weakness to sr
-better defenses
-higher atk
- better use of substitute due to higher hp

You forgot good STABs with strong moves, as opposed to just bug with x-scissor (or flying with aerial ace).
oops. Anayway, blaziken would be better IF you could get a female via dream world.

@Thorhammer as of now, no. we will definatley know somtime around november.

i have a question. in 4th gen UU blaziken was able to set up a swords dance. how come now on his speed boost set most carry protect. oh yea there was once a conversation of infernape being a better lead. not trying to stir anything but blaziken can nicely fill in ninjask role of the baton pass lead using something like this.

blaziken
leftovers/ focus sash
252 sp.atk, 252 spe

swords dance
protect
substitute
fire blast(?)

he kinda does outclass ninjask as a baton passer.

You didn't put Baton Pass on that set. Anyway, it looks like all of the event Pokemon from the Dream World will be exclusively male. This means that there's no way to give the starters Egg Moves with thier Dream World Ability so Blazekin won't be able to Baton Pass Speed Boost. The only hope is that they give Baton Pass to the Torchic you get from the Dream World and since all of the event Pokemon so far have only had Level Up moves, it's not looking good for Blaziken.

It's a real shame too because Baton Pass was probably his most useful set.

Could someone tell me where this "Male Dream World Pokemon only" thing started popping up? It seems awfully "sexist" (if we could call it that) that only males are able to be found in dreams. And besides that, Chansey, Jynx, Illusmise and all the other gender-specifics that get a Dream World ability are not Male.

^Baton Pass his best set? Really?

There is still a chance (wishful thinking here, probably) that Torchic will come with Baton Pass in the DW. It was an added niche that made Blaze one of the best offensive passers out there.

However, it functions just fine as its very own stat-boosting sweepers thanks to great mixed stats, access to SD, and excellent STABs to use them with (I highly doubt anyone would be nearly as excited about Speed Boost on, say, Empoleon or Feraligatr). It would have been nice, yes, but it isn't the key to Blaziken's success.

If you're forced to use Substitute multiple times, Life Orb damage will catch up to you, making Blaziken die more quickly. I feel that a Liechi or Petaya Berry would be better in place of Life Orb (Liechi if you're using Stone Edge or Petaya for Hidden Power).
Blaziken @Leichi Berry/Petaya Berry
-Substitute
-Hi Jump Kick
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower

Okay nice call but what if you use protect? I'm thinking expert belt...

Sorry if this has been posted before, but how about a SD set with:

Speed Boost, Jolly, 252 speed, 252 Attack, 6hp
Flare Blitz,
HJK
Thunderpunch
Swords Dance.

Or alternately a CB set:

Speed Boost, Jolly, 252 speed, 252 Attack, 6hp
Flare Blitz,
HJK
Thunderpunch
Shadow Claw/Stone Edge.

In both cases thunderpunch covers the jellyfish and almost all flyers while still hurting Shanderaa (not sure how badly though), and most T-Punch resisters are hurt bad by HJK anyway. Stone Edge/Shadow Claw for Shanderaa and a few others on the CB set.

I think Spikes support would be extremely useful to Blaziken, as would Sub passing to ensure it gets in safely.

Still, though Blaziken can't cover everything in one set (although it has the potential to kill almost anything it suffers 4 slot syndrome) I think it'll be monstrous with the proper support, especially entry hazards.

Also, I REALLY hope they let DW Torchic be female, not just for BP, but also because it'd make getting a good in-game one so much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)