Blissey

Blissey is still infuriating. It can pretty much halt a Thundurus sweep with Thunder Wave and is incredibly hard to take out. Ttar has taken its place somewhat simply because sand is so powerful. Bliss is still the greatest special wall in the game and can be incredibly useful on a team weak to special sweepers.

+2 LO Focus Blast ravages Blissey, so you better hope that 30% chance to miss lands in your favor. Blissey also has no offensive presence at all, making it inferior to Tyranitar in many cases.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Blissey is still useful for sponging off special attacks and being a general support pokemon for the team. However, when you wind up taking 40.5% - 47.9% from a rain boosted specstoed hydro pump, things start looking pretty bleak for you as the greatest special wall in the game.

alphatron

Alright, I've had it. This pokemon sucks. I'm not sure what in the hell is going down there in UU, but Blissey is awful in the fifth generation metagame. When your pokemon starts acting like Cresselia and fails to assist the team even worse than Dugtrio, then something is wrong.

In the past week, the only thing Blissey has done for me was set up stealth rock and thunder wave a dragon dance tyranitar. At this point, the only reason I still have one on my team is because I'm too lazy to run a spinner and because I like to wish pass to Volcorona after stealth rock damage.

Everything sets up on you. Even the special attackers switch in solely to use you as setup fodder. Sigilyph? Reuniclus? Volcorona? Espeon? SWIFT SWIM GOLDUCK WITH REST? I started running Calm Mind simply so that they couldn't force me out as easily. But all that does is make me susceptible to critical hits.

I'm not going to say that Blissey is worthless. It just doesn't have the same value it had before.

Alright, I've had it. This pokemon sucks. I'm not sure what in the hell is going down there in UU, but Blissey is awful in the fifth generation metagame. When your pokemon starts acting like Cresselia and fails to assist the team even worse than Dugtrio, then something is wrong.

In the past week, the only thing Blissey has done for me was set up stealth rock and thunder wave a dragon dance tyranitar. At this point, the only reason I still have one on my team is because I'm too lazy to run a spinner and because I like to wish pass to Volcorona after stealth rock damage.

Everything sets up on you. Even the special attackers switch in solely to use you as setup fodder. Sigilyph? Reuniclus? Volcorona? Espeon? SWIFT SWIM GOLDUCK WITH REST? I started running Calm Mind simply so that they couldn't force me out as easily. But all that does is make me susceptible to critical hits.

I'm not going to say that Blissey is worthless. It just doesn't have the same value it had before.
I am truly sorry everyone, but does the move SNATCH not exist to any of you? SnatchBliss and Snatchsey steal your Subs, CM's, DD's, Quiver Dances, recovery moves/Wishes, etc. - the only bad part for Snatch-users is if you have Lunar Dance/Healing Wish on a Stat-booster for whatever reason (Cresselia?), since their Snatch takes LD/HW and uses it for themselves.

All it takes is a slight ounce of prediction. That's all.

Blissey is still pretty good imo. It's not the great special wall it used to be but it's still a one stop shop to many of the special attackers in the game. It obviously can't handle anything that resists status or has rest but it can pretty much handle everything else.

Ttar's great and all but having to rely on wish is always a hassle because smart opponents are going to do everything to stop you passing wish to something important. And due to power creep, even blissey takes a huge chunk out from some special attackers so Ttar really doesn't end up living too long.

Ttar is decent for balanced or bulky offense teams but blissey is still the premiere special wall for stall.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus

Yes while they set-up so they have any chance of damaging Blissey, Blissey can Heal Bell & Fully Heal a teammate with it's titanic Wishes. Such a bad Pokemon.

Blissey is SUPPOSED to be forced out. She's a cleric. If you're using her for anything other than healing others & spreading status, you're probably using her wrong. Seismic Toss is the only offensive presence she needs. It's for breaking subs so she can Toxic/T-Wave & allowing her to do some damage of her own as well. You can run Ice Beam if you think it will help, but Blissey is not a sweeper, she's not even tank. She's a cleric & a wall. She gets in, throws out a Wish, Heal Bell, or Status and gets out as soon as things get hairy, healing a teammate or 2 in the process.

Calm Mind Blissey...jesus...

alphatron

Yes while they set-up so they have any chance of damaging Blissey, Blissey can Heal Bell & Fully Heal a teammate with it's titanic Wishes. Such a bad Pokemon.

Blissey is SUPPOSED to be forced out. She's a cleric. If you're using her for anything other than healing others & spreading status, you're probably using her wrong. Seismic Toss is the only offensive presence she needs. It's for breaking subs so she can Toxic/T-Wave & allowing her to do some damage of her own as well. You can run Ice Beam if you think it will help, but Blissey is not a sweeper, she's not even tank. She's a cleric & a wall. She gets in, throws out a Wish, Heal Bell, or Status and gets out as soon as things get hairy, healing a teammate or 2 in the process.

Calm Mind Blissey...jesus...
That's exactly it. I'm NOT using her for anything else other than spreading status and healing others with wish. That's exactly what annoys me about her so much-while she's doing this she's practically inviting enemy pokemon to come in and do whatever the hell they want. A special wall isn't supposed to be forced out by special attackers. And yet, the purely special attacker in subgrowth tangrowth with giga drain and filler kind of...forces her out. I'm not whining about her having no offensive presence. I'm whining about her lack of presence in general. If I wanted to use a pokemon who could pass decently sized wishes, spread status, set up SR, AND do more, I'd just use jirachi.

I made that post earlier when I was in a bad mood. I was fighting an enemy sun team and my opponent was using a Nasty plot Ninetales. I switched to Blissey to put an end to his shenanigans. Ninetales used safe gaurd! It prevents status!

For the record, I am still using blissey. The problem is just that she hasn't been doing anything. She switches into Rotom-W and then switches out immeadiately so I don't hand over any momentum to my opponent as their Scizor, etc switches in. An enemy choice specs politoed? Who am I switching to? Not Blissey, but something that doesn't lose nearly 50% of their hp.

To say that blissey sucks would be an overstatement. Every now and then, when I fight a team that isn't weather offense and actually uses status, she has some value and as I said, using her to wish pass wasn't too bad. But this metagame is extremely unkind to her and it's harder to justify dedicating a team slot to her.

For the record, the only attack I've ever carried on blissey that wasn't siesmic toss was fire blast. Ice beam? I don't think blissey wants to be so kind to excadrill, scizor, ferrothorn, skarmory, etc, etc, etc.

I have to agree that Blissey isn't as good as she used to be, especially with all of the setup sweepers putting an emphasis on tanking rather than walling (unless you run a full stall team). Tyranitar seems to be "good enough" for tanking special moves while having better, more consistent offensive prowess.

Yeah bitches, the premier wall since Red/Green is back for round 5.
umm...blissey is gen 2, nubnub. -_-

I just bring a prankster abuser with encore whenever I use chans/blissey. They set up, I encore. then fuck em up.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
umm...blissey is gen 2, nubnub. -_-
Hello sir have you ever heard of Chansey walling shit and firing off Blizzards like a boss in RBY.

Besides, there's no reason to necrobump a thread if you're not adding any relevant content. Specially when there's no reason for this kind of thread anymore.

^^^ Um, not true. Blissey still has great Special sponging ability. but chansey.. has more physical and special bulk. Blissey still has more longetivity and has the stats to attack ghosts.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^^^ Um, not true. Blissey still has great Special sponging ability. but chansey.. has more physical and special bulk. Blissey still has more longetivity and has the stats to attack ghosts.
The two staements you said contradicted each other. How can blissey have more longetivity when chansey has better bulk. Maybe i misunderstood

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
@moltenkyurem
Because Blissey has undeniable higher Hp than Chansey, plus it can carry leftovers.
Ninja'd

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The two staements you said contradicted each other. How can blissey have more longetivity when chansey has better bulk. Maybe i misunderstood
In sand, Chansey gets worn down easily. But TBH I don't know why people ever use Blissey with Seismic Toss anymore. I mean, Chansey is just plain... better. The only advantage Blissey really has over Chansey is Leftovers and the ability to use special attacks. But the Leftovers thing isn't even that significant since Wish Chanseys can afford to carry Softboiled instead of Protect since it can actually take a Psyshock/ non fighting physical move.

even with 10 more hp and more special defense
chansey has better special bulk.

leftovers does not matter a whole lot for a pokemon that has access to reliable recovery.

blissey has always ben a dead weight for me in this gen.
even chansey, although it is better with counter. lol machamp.

Wrong, because leftovers makes a world of difference due to sand, hazards and status. Blissey is far superior on an OU team in most situations.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wrong, because leftovers makes a world of difference due to sand, hazards and status. Blissey is far superior on an OU team in most situations.
Not as long as Softboiled exists. Chansey will run Softboiled on every set. Blissey cannot afford to run Softboiled on the Wishpasser set because it has trouble taking physical moves.

Hello sir have you ever heard of Chansey walling shit and firing off Blizzards like a boss in RBY.

Besides, there's no reason to necrobump a thread if you're not adding any relevant content. Specially when there's no reason for this kind of thread anymore.
I am adding relevant content. There were 2 parts to my post. Also, Chansey=/=blissey. I find it isn't necro-bumping if its still a relevant thread. People haven't stopped using Blissey, I don't see any other blissey threads. Where else am I supposed to post stuff about Blissey....

nubnub

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

If you're using Blissey on any team but a stall team, you're doing it wrong. She's still the best special wall for stall in Gen V, you're just not supporting her correctly. If you run Blissey without multiple other walls, you'll be unable to shift the momentum back in your favor. If you want a special wall on your non-stall team, Tyranitar or Jirachi are generally better choices

Calm Mind Blissey is terrible. She's not meant to be a sweeper or do everything herself. She's meant to check a vast majority of special sweepers. The few special sweepers that run sets that get past her are sacrificing coverage, usually by either mixing their EVs or using Psyshock. Usually, enough coverage is sacrificed to the point where another teammate can wall them (Thundurus is one of the few exceptions to this rule)

Not as long as Softboiled exists. Chansey will run Softboiled on every set. Blissey cannot afford to run Softboiled on the Wishpasser set because it has trouble taking physical moves.
Even after the turn you use Softboiled, you're at 6% less HP using Chansey than Blissey. It's not about full recovery, it's that you're worn down a lot faster by residual damage.

Really, if you're arguing this, you must be insanely underestimating the importance of Leftovers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)