Blue Frog's Thread Spam

Hmmm, your style is quite interesting; I'd love to see more of it. And I can see that your art is improving steadily. Please keep it up! :3

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hmmm, your style is quite interesting; I'd love to see more of it. And I can see that your art is improving steadily. Please keep it up! :3
omg chameleonskyes your traditional art is so amazing, I'd be content just to have half your skill. I feel so honored getting encouragement from you; thank you.

kirbyfanultrab said:
(dolphirbine pic) can you make this look better?

Well, this is what I could come up with, although kirbyfanultrab hasn't been online for 4 days, so I fear that he's not coming back anymore to see this :(

EDIT:
ooh, and I also drew a very sleepy looking baltoy closeup because I haven't done closeups
although honestly the appeal of closeups is kinda dead now (i think; if anyone wants to object, please do)

Last edited:
Blue Frog
While the Rampardos article might be on hold, I'm doing Golurk now, so you doing that would be fun ^_^
anyway this is my avatar now <3
edit not doing golurk

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus

Fuck yeah.

This thing is absolutely amazing, holy crap. I was scared the froakie evolution would be really badly designed, but this is better than I could have ever hoped for. I know what starter I'm getting for sure.

In other news, I think this is one of the, if not the, best paintings I have done, technically-wise. I'm really happy with it, and it took a pretty long time to draw; I'm glad I kept going with it instead of just rushing through it like I do with a lot of my stuff. I hope you guys like it too!

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus

this was fun to draw
I haven't really drawn a Pokemon pic with the mon so far away, so I guess you can call this a FAR-up instead of a closeup BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA (I know I suck; you don't have to tell me =.=).

I might submit this to the PS! background project, I don't know. I'll wait to see the reception it gets.

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Triple post
Triple post
Triple post
why am I even emphasising that it's not even a big deal for me

Garbodor and Muk, hated Pokemon, best friends <3

the new Pumpkaboo pokemon is super cute

timid jynx, tried to make an ugly pokemon (or what is generally believed to be ugly) cuter

and finally this new thing.

I think I'm getting better at lineart; if anyone would like to comment please do.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I would like to comment. Garbodor and Muk is good. While the lineart is still sloppy in places it isn't distracting, compared to say the helioptix or whatever where the lineart is generally cleaner yet doesn't seem to fit the attitude. Edit:I am trying to figure this stuff out too lol. That is all. Keep up the good work Blue Frog; you are awesome!

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus

aaaaaa I can't decide which one to get DDDDD:

also heres something i did for the art for articles thread

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
"Abstract" is just my excuse to put a bunch of random colors on a piece of paper. I don't know what I was trying to draw.
Welcome to Abstract Crap with Blue Frog, where I draw mons without any consideration of anatomy or accuracy, just because I'm lazy I can.

first are these two things, which show that my lines are apparently much smoother when I'm not trying to make them go anywhere

then there's this Suicune, about whom I can't think of any witty remarks:

and finally these two monstrosities, who I advise you not to look at unless you want to turn to stone (but you're obviously going to click "show hide" now, aren't you?)
after the giratina I felt a bit pop-arty and did this painting of the new fossil pokemon aurorus:

and I quickly went in a downward spiral and drew this blissey, which kind of looks like a kirby that gained 500 pounds and then inhaled its own fat

I suppose you could say that I was experimenting with different styles here, but it got pretty pathetic after a while :(

The giratina and roselia look quite great. The crocune Suicune looks a bit weird though, but still gj :>
Also lol that blissey is like a cloud

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
What you managed to capture in the abstract roselia is depth of shape and movement. Due to the methods you used, Roselia seems to take up tangible space on the canvas, and her shape seems natural and active despite being skewed. The swirly lines also help suggest depth and movement, despite, or maybe because of, their quick haphazardness, which I'm sure you know. Mainly what I am impressed with is how roselia looks like an actual figure, not flat. Giratina's shape is kind of weird, but his head manages to pop out slightly toward the viewer and i think that upper part of him looks the most pleasing. I'd also like to repeat how much I like the garbodor and muk drawing and how it has some of the same characteristics as the roselia one, such as depth because of the lighting, the positioning of muk in front of garbodor and how he seems to take up real space, and their pleasing shapes.

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Thanks for the encouragement, Kingler12345! You really motivate me when these posting streaks start getting long.

andrew3391: Your advice is incredible, and I'm really working to establish more depth in my art. You're super great at art; thank you so much.

please draw me a bunnelby please they are so cute ;_;

They are pretty cute, aren't they? ^.^

EDIT: ooh, forgot to post this here too:

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OH MY JESUS A STUNFISK AND A BUNNELBY IN THE SAME POST :'))))))
great stuff, top two favorite mons, not much to say

Omfg that bunny thing is so cute(urgh wtf i didn't get x andy sadface)
One thing I want to ask though, stunfisk's whiskers seem in the wrong place, why are they coming out of its eyes o_0
Great job tho.

can I request a Diggersby pls?
i can't handle how awesome it is i need some cool art to contain it
i realize you just did a bunnelby but i just love Diggersby too much

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
woah when did this thread start getting so much attention o.O
can I request a Diggersby pls?
i can't handle how awesome it is i need some cool art to contain it
ok I hope this is awesome enough because my art is generally the opposite

Oh yeah, I request avalugg cuzi ts bawse and i don't have x / y ;-;

im really sorry I was trying to do a painting but it looked really bad so I drowned it in effects and i guess it looks half-good now :/ hope you like it regardless

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I doodle a crapton in class, and some of the crap I do is actually pretty good (relative to the rest of my stuff, of course), so I might as well share some with people
I've noticed my non-pokemon traditional pics don't really yield much interest or responses, but it's worth a shot

Most of it is abstract stuff since I can't draw anything from memory so i just draw shapes and refine them

but sometimes I take a bit more time to draw stuff I see in the room like this cabinet that had a sombrero on it for some reason

and sometimes I draw stuff like this weird bird thing where I actually aim to create something

somehow i've only been caught doodling in a couple classes (i'm such a rebel right) but I really need to cut down on it, i've started bringing a notebook to class just to draw in, which should be a sign that my priorities are seriously messed up

anyway i hope me bumping this thread periodically with new stuff doesn't annoy you too much, its not like Smeargles studio gets much attention save for the XY sprite project anyway (wish i could contribute to that, but pixel art is obscenely hard for me, i seriously admire spriters).

feel free to give me a request too, i'll get to work on it as soon as i can; i haven't really had much stuff piling up on me so i'd love to be able to hone my drawing skills by doing stuff for other people instead of by being disrespectful to my teachers.

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus

my team for Y. Yveltal's place was first occupied by a honedge and later a goodra, but neither were as fun to play with in Pokemon amie as Yveltal :p
also I'm pretty darn lucky because from what I calculated, I got a timid Yveltal (which is pretty good despite it having mixed attack stats, right?) with 29 HP IVs, 31 Atk IVs, 31 Def IVs, 31 SpA IVs, 31 SpD IVs, and 28 Spe IVs o.0
I wasted a whole morning EVing it using super training, which is not a very efficient method of EVing from what I experienced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)