Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
He's saying if the pokemon evolve they will be harder to breed with pokemon at the beginning of the ev train(assuming you evolve them?). So charizard would have a harder time breeding with charmander than another charmander. Not sure if it's accurate but that's what he's saying :D.
Good point. Though in most cases it is a trivial issue, it just takes more time

sorry if i asked a question that has already been asked..

Question:
if im breeding two Magikarp with different IV's (both have normal Abilities [Swift swim]) how will i know if the next two pokemon i want to breed will have the Hidden Ability? while using this RNG abuse.

Scenario:
Makigarp (Male)
passed down HP/ATK/Speed
Magikarp (Female)
passed down DEF/SDEF

---Reset the game then change the two pokemons---

Helioptile(Male) [With Dry Skin ability]
will 100% pass down HP/Atk/Speed

Loudred (Female) [With Scrappy Ability] (Hidden ability)
will 100% pass down Def/SDEF

How will i know if Loudred will pass its Scrappy Ability?

hi. im planing to give my deino a jolly nature and my wartortle has it. i checked and they both are not in the same egg group but i was thinking of doing this:

wartortle(monster and water 1 group) --> horsea (dragon and water 1 group) --> deino (dragon group)

tell me is humanly posible. haha

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
hi. im planing to give my deino a jolly nature and my wartortle has it. i checked and they both are not in the same egg group but i was thinking of doing this:

wartortle(monster and water 1 group) --> horsea (dragon and water 1 group) --> deino (dragon group)

tell me is humanly posible. haha
Don't see why not. Though wouldn't it be slightly easier/faster to use a synchronizer and capture a jolly Zweilous instead? Synchronizers are something that you'd want to keep around anyway.

Quick question. I have two timid Froakie. Both have HA. The female's IVS are 31/x/x/31/x/31 and holds a destiny knot. The male's IVS are 31/x/31/31/31/x and holds an everstone. I have hatched many eggs, and none of them have had 31/x/31/31/31/31. Is this bad luck, or am I doing something wrong?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Quick question. I have two timid Froakie. Both have HA. The female's IVS are 31/x/x/31/x/31 and holds a destiny knot. The male's IVS are 31/x/31/31/31/x and holds an everstone. I have hatched many eggs, and none of them have had 31/x/31/31/31/31. Is this bad luck, or am I doing something wrong?
Your odds aren't that good to begin with. See my probability tables:

Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y Probability Tables

Nevermind the chance of getting the correct ability in addition to the correct IVs. My suggestion is to keep trying, and replace the parents as you go with ever-improving ones.

Okay... so, I want to breed Mach Punch and Bullet Punch onto Tyrogue so I can eventually breed for the fighting trio. Serebii lists egg moves for Tyrogue, but it's only male, so it can only breed with a Ditto and nothing else, and to the best of my knowledge, no egg moves can be passed. For example, a male Hitmonchan can't pass Mach and Bullet Punch to a Male Hitmontop.

So, if there is egg moves listed, how in the world do you get them on Tyrogue?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Okay... so, I want to breed Mach Punch and Bullet Punch onto Tyrogue so I can eventually breed for the fighting trio. Serebii lists egg moves for Tyrogue, but it's only male, so it can only breed with a Ditto and nothing else, and to the best of my knowledge, no egg moves can be passed. For example, a male Hitmonchan can't pass Mach and Bullet Punch to a Male Hitmontop.

So, if there is egg moves listed, how in the world do you get them on Tyrogue?
Breeding with a Ditto still allows egg moves to pass.

Breeding with a Ditto still allows egg moves to pass.
I understand that, I should have worded my question better. Okay so... Hitmonchan can't learn Rapid Spin, but Hitmontop can. Hitmonlee cant learn Bullet Punch or Mach Punch. They are only males, therefore, they can not breed with each other.

The way I figured it out is, you level up Hitmontop, chan and lee and then breed with a ditto and it will pass down the moves that are considered egg moves. Is this true? I'm gonna try it... I want Bullet Punch and Mach Punch on Hitmontop and Rapid Spin on Hitmonchan.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I understand that, I should have worded my question better. Okay so... Hitmonchan can't learn Rapid Spin, but Hitmontop can. Hitmonlee cant learn Bullet Punch or Mach Punch. They are only males, therefore, they can not breed with each other.

The way I figured it out is, you level up Hitmontop, chan and lee and then breed with a ditto and it will pass down the moves that are considered egg moves. Is this true? I'm gonna try it... I want Bullet Punch and Mach Punch on Hitmontop and Rapid Spin on Hitmonchan.
Correct. If Tyrogue can learn it as an egg move, it can be passed from one Hitmon to the other Hitmon via breeding. Known egg moves for Tyrogue include Bullet Punch, Counter, Endure, Feint, Helping Hand, High Jump Kick, Mach Punch, Mind Reader, Pursuit, Rapid Spin, and Vacuum Wave.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
finally have my flawless gible! got her in the 24th egg out of 192 eggs :D
i'll hatch the remaining later to find out if i get some more flawless gible.
Congrats! Keep in mind for more than one egg the probability formula is:

P(n) = 1 - (1 - p(1))^n
n = number of eggs attempted
p(1) = probability of one egg coming out as desired

Hi, is it possible for a ditto to have 3 perfect ivs from the friend safari?
I caught a Docile Ditto the other day and the IV guy proceeds to say

"This pokemon has outstanding potential over all. Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in its HP. It's Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though. And, well, it's speed stat is good too. Stats like those...they simply cant be beat!"

It's entirely possible. 2 IVs are always perfect (31). The others are randomized. They can still happen to be randomized to 31, creating more than 2 perfect IVs.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Hi, is it possible for a ditto to have 3 perfect ivs from the friend safari?
Absolutely. You can catch a 3 perfect IV Ditto from the Friend safari, on average, roughly every 8 Dittos. Two IVs are always perfect, while the remaining four are randomly generated, and can theoretically all end up perfect.

Does breeding an HA Male and HA Female give me an HA Offspring?Coz I seem to be having a hard time getting an HA one with this set up. :/

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Does breeding an HA Male and HA Female give me an HA Offspring?Coz I seem to be having a hard time getting an HA one with this set up. :/
Not always. You have a 60% chance of passing the female's ability regardless of if its hidden or not, and a 40% chance for the ability to be one of the non-hidden abilities.

I got a question about my breeding. Following your guide I got a charmander with 31/31/31/x/31/x ivs. I want it to have 31/31/31/x/31/31. How do I give it the 31 speed ivs while keeping the rest?

lol this game has got to be the biggest troll in history... been breeding Mincinno for over 10 hours now and still not a perfect one. All coming out 4 IV babies. Mother is Skill Link 31/31/X/X/31/31 and father is Skill Link 31/31/31/X/X/31. 10 hours...

15 hours... I'm not even proud to say this, but 15 hours on and off I've been trying to get a Perfect 31/31/31/X/31/31 Mincinno with Skill Link... nothing. I'm literally getting 2-3 IV babies now, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Both parents have Skill Link, mother has IV's in 31/31/31/X/31/X and father has IV's in 31/31/X/X/31/31. I even got a baby with max SpAtk and neither of max SpAtk... this game is trolling hard... for Mincinno... really doe...

15 hours... I'm not even proud to say this, but 15 hours on and off I've been trying to get a Perfect 31/31/31/X/31/31 Mincinno with Skill Link... nothing. I'm literally getting 2-3 IV babies now, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Both parents have Skill Link, mother has IV's in 31/31/31/X/31/X and father has IV's in 31/31/X/X/31/31. I even got a baby with max SpAtk and neither of max SpAtk... this game is trolling hard... for Mincinno... really doe...
I spent 3 days with my Eevee. Never gave up and eventually I got two 6 IVs Eevee. Just keep breeding. ;)

I'm breeding for Snorlax... does anyone know if I breed for a Munchlax and teach it Stockpile and evolve it into a Snorlax. Will the Snorlax, when bred, pass down Stockpile?

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Probability tables as promised. For clarity sake I'm going to reduce it, and keep it in terms of desired outcomes.

Key is as follows:
Sprocket, am I just doing this wrong? I took into account a few breeding experiments, and later tried to find the math to justify it. Here is a link to my two posts in '*Big* news for Breeding' before I found your probability table, which is amazing, although I can't say I fully understand it:
Breeding Mechanics Posts
^ towards the bottom of the page

wow maybe disregard this XD I'm finding some more good stuff earlier in the thread and some of the percentages seem to match up :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)